Home

4th of July!!! (For the Yankees that is)

At least you guys got rid of the English a long time ago, celebrate it well!

Tis officially the 4th for us here, and I'm up too late again lol

What are you all up to? Remembr: aim fireworks away from face ;)

Awwwww that takes the fun out it.:xp:

Happy 4th everyone!

well, it hasn't started yet, but cheers none the less. :)

tomorrow, i'll be looking forward to bratwursts on the grill (on a hoagie w/ kraut and mustard ;) ), the new Transformers movie in the afternoon, fireworks in the evening, and the opportunity to share all those moments with some good friends of mine. :D

The fourth of July sucks in Utah. The only fireworks allowed are ****ty little fountains and sparklers you buy from War-mart. You've got maybe a five-minute window to light off anything illegal before some anal old mormon bitch calls the ****ing police on you and they come and take all your m-80s because there's a "chance they could start a fire." ARRRRGH **** I AM SO ****ING ANGRY RIGHT NOW I COULD ****ING KILL SOMETHING

:firemad:

Uh yeah. Anyway happy 4th of July.

Happy Independence Day for all you Americans. Now the British need to come up with a unique celebration...

That wouldn't be aloud, just let everyone else be proud then we won't get in trouble! Happy ID4 America! :)

hmm... I wonder what the native Americans call this day.

The Australian Aboriginals hold our Jan 26 "Australia Day" in similar disregard. I tend to agree.. you cant plonk your a$$ on someone's land and say "finders keepers" ...especially when you werent actually there first.

The one country that can be applauded for embracing its natives is New Zealand :) Sure, theres much more that can be done, but compared to the US/AUS and certain other old colonial powers, theyre leaps and bounds ahead.

astro

hmm... I wonder what the native Americans call this day.

The Australian Aboriginals hold our Jan 26 "Australia Day" in similar disregard. I tend to agree.. you cant plonk your a$$ on someone's land and say "finders keepers" ...especially when you werent actually there first.

The one country that can be applauded for embracing its natives is New Zealand :) Sure, theres much more that can be done, but compared to the US/AUS and certain other old colonial powers, theyre leaps and bounds ahead.

astro

Probably something like "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" Day. :D

Dude I went to some fireworks yesterday at my cousins house and the finale music was the song for Star Wars 3 when all the Jedi were killed it gave me the creeps :mob: (it felt like Marshall law was just passed!)

Anyway Happy 4th

:beam2::^:

Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans as well as all the non-Americans who like/celebrate this holiday. :cheers:

You sure can when the original occupants have much inferior technology than their claim jumpers. While might isn't right, times do change and some civilizations can't maintain themselves when other, more powerful civilizations make their entrance. But even if America hadn't declared independence and had remained part of the UK I really don't think Native Americans would have ended up better off. One way or another their way of life was over as soon as the white man set foot on the land. Things back then were obviously a lot less politically correct than in today's world. :)

Archived