Home

Building JKA Mods for MAc OS X in Universal Bianry mod how to?

slider

His guys,

I started a thread in the dedicated MAC gaming forum concerning the port of JKA mods on the new MAC Computer like tiger...

Since MAC OS X is now installed on INtel architecture, aspry made a patch 1.01E for JKA that turns JKA into a universal binary built so that it works in both MAC OS X PPC and INtel Archnitectures...

So i got a MAC INTEL and the last XCode 2.4.1 and got my JA+ source and try to compile the mods...

Pb is that by default, it builds a MAC INTEL Birany and not a universal binary...

So the JKA mods built like that can't be used with the last MAC JKA patch 1.01E....

So people that patched their JKA game on MAC OS X can't use any more JKA mods like JA+....

Basically i already contacted Brad Oliver (the guy from Aspyr who made the first JKA MAC OS X SDK) but i didn't have any awnser from him...

i dont knwo if the emails i used are rights....

he used to be talkative on the dedicated MAC gameing forum that is why i posted the thread in this forum in frist place...

So here is the URL

http://www.maclife.com/forums/topic/97612

don't hesitate to come to participate in this "how to?" discussion...

Also if you know how to contact Brad Oliver, don't hesitate to warn him about this concern of the MAC JKA coding comunity.

Hi Redsaurus

thanks to join the force...

basically my JA+ source already ported for MAc OS X using the previous mac os X SDK just compiles fine with XCode2.4.1 on MAc Intel...

So i guess we just have to change a few configuration on the Flags used in the compilation....

If you know which Flags has to be set to enable UB that would be fantastic

Redsaurus, Do you have Tiger and Xcode2.4.1 ?

Hey Slider,

I think this is what you are looking for. If you scroll down it tells you how to compile for a specific architecture. If you want me to test out the binary once you get it built, let me know as I play JA a couple of hours a night normally.

-RaPid

Hey Slider,

I think this is what you are looking for. If you scroll down it tells you how to compile for a specific architecture. If you want me to test out the binary once you get it built, let me know as I play JA a couple of hours a night normally.

-RaPid

hi Rapid, yes i would really appreciate if you can test my JA+ Built...

do you have MSN ?

i just made the changes as said in the tutorial of Rapid and it works...

So now i have succeeded in building the .bundle in UB Mod...

LEt's test the pk3 now...

So i just take cgame.bundle ==> i zip it in a file called cgame

then i put cgame in a Pk3 right?

i just made a JA+ Plugin 1.4beta3 patch for MAC OS X Tiger

It requires the new JKA MAC PATCH 1.01E from aspyr

http://www.japlus.net/japlus/zPlugin1.4beta3_macPatch.zip

How to isntall ? ==> 
install the last JA+ Mod 2.4beta3 or just the Client Plugin 1.4beta3 
from [url]http://www.japlus.net[/url] 

and then place this new PK3 from the ZIP archive 
zPlugin1.4beta3_macPatch.zip in japlus folder.

can mac users test it on both MAC Tiger Intel and PPC architecture?

it would be great that people awnsering in this thread say if it works and what are their architecture....

Great, i'm glad it worked. I don't have MSN yet, but I'll make an account tonight, because I use Adium and gaim anyway, so I'll post my screenname then. I will also do testing of JA+ on both PPC and Intel for th next few days and let you know how it works.

Slider,

I tested it out pretty well with your 2.4beta3 server side mod. It worked on my Intel Core Duo (original) MacBook Pro. It also worked on the same computer using rosetta. It performs and works exactly like it does on my main computer (which is a Linux box running JA with JA+ under WINE). Later tonight, I will test it with the client side plugin on my MBP, both with and without Rosetta, and sometime in the next few days I will put it on my PowerBook G4 and try it natively on PPC also. I also want to point out that as it is now, if you download the file you posted with Safari, it will mess up the permissions on it to the point that it no longer works, but this can be worked around by distributing the pk3 in a zip file.

-RaPid

P.S. - Sorry if my grammar is terrible, I wasn't really paying attention.

hi,*

Thanks you to test those things;

i just have a few questions/

1 ) the code i gave don't enable to start a MAC Server on MAC OS Tiger because the JA+ MAc code is not patched at the moment and only works on MAC panther PPC until the JKA patch 1.01D..

==> So you can only test the Plugin at the moment by connecting to a JA+ server on the internet for example...

==> and my question is that it seems you tried to start a MAC JA+ server on a tiger MAc OS?

2) what rosetta does? you have virutal PPC archictecture started in your MAc Intel Tiger? and you isntalled JKA on this virtual computer?

Hey Slider,

1. I used the server patch, but only tried the client-side part of it. It worked just like the client side does on other computers.

2. Rosetta is a PowerPC emulation layer for Intel Macs. To use it, just click on the shortcut, press cloverleaf-i and select open using Rosetta in the dialogue box that comes up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

sorry for the delay...

I finally made a patch for all mac users who are using the last JKA Mac patch 1.01E...

this is a patch for JA+ 2.4beta3 and JA+ Plugin 1.4beta3

so it includes both server patch and client patch

You just have to follow the instructions here

http://www.japlus.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=822

So have fun...

Bye :wink

well ensiform

basically, that's very easy

you just to follow the instruction that RapidDemon gave to compile your previous MOD in a UB way... (by suposing that you already had your source compliant with the Xcode used with the previous MAC SDK that Brad Oliver released)

it really worked well for my JA+ sources.

If you never ported your MOD to MAC OS X PPC architecture using the previous MAC SDK, then i suggest you to use the new MAC SDK that redsaurus just released and then you have to port the changes from this MAC SDK to your MOD Source to make it compliant with MAC OS X UB building.

Archived