Home

Possible Sequel

silvercliff

I know that sequel ideas have been thrown around, but here the opening to an idea of mine.

It starts in the same place as the dig, in Borneo where another object is picked up. This time they suspect the same situation as last time and a shuttle is sent straight up to intercept. There is a clearly visible entrance this time. The shuttle team goes to investigate but found it sealed. There is hope however, around the entrance is a bunch of animated engravings (similar to the ones in the museum spire) that show Boston, Maggie and Brink. So a second shuttle is sent up, with them on board to investigate. They gain entrance to the asteroid, and follow a passage to its core. There they find another animated egraving, which, shows the Cocytans returning from Space Time Six, but being followed by other creatures to Cocytus. The animation finishes, and the asteroid seals itself and the crew are again plunged into deep space. The ship lands and the crew 'get out', but this is quite obviously not Cocytus. Where are they, and why were they brought here?

I have more, a lot more, but I think Ill leave it here for the moment :)

No they made it back ok, just as they were told. This happens a time after they got back, possibly a year or so. There is some back story involved with the aftermath of their journey, but as with the original game, its not about the situation on earth, its about the journey of the 3 (possibly 4 in this ;) ).

so let me guess, an alien race followed the Cocytans from Space Time Six, something nasty happened, which would be why the Cocytans have sent another asteriod towards Earth.

By the way, what do you mean by the obivous opening on the asteriod? What would it look like? How big would it be? Could the opening be seen from the ground, is it facing away from the Earth, or do you have to get close to the asteriod to see it? Would it be like the outside of a cathidral, or more like the Cocytan landing pad where a side of a dodecahedron can fit into perfectly? Otherwise, how obvious did the designers of this opening wanted it to be and for what purpose? unless that is a part of the plot as well, which with that you can continue on with the part that comes next.

Also, am i right that the Cocytans sent the asteriod and that they are trying to communicate something with the animated engravings? Why did they bother making engravings of Boston, Maggie and Brink? Will any of them play a part in the next shuttle crew that's sent up?

A

so let me guess, an alien race followed the Cocytans from Space Time Six, something nasty happened, which would be why the Cocytans have sent another asteriod towards Earth.

Yes is the simple answer.

The obvious entrance appears as a pentagonal impression containing four other geometric shapes, which are the tunnels, covered by plates. Basically as the Atilla might have been if it hadent been 'weathered' from traveling so long. The animated engravings are there to show that the opening can only be opened by the original trio, as the four plates have been coded to them. To put it simply its not a 'puzzle' that only the 'most worthy' can figure out, but a direct message to the trio that your presence is requested. The engravings would show them pressing the plates and opening the tunnel to the core.

I hope that makes sense.

but the original dodecahedron (the pentagon space ship) didn't have a clear opening, did it? couldn't really tell at the time as it was spinning and all shiny, then dissapeared into thin air once it landed. matter a fact, seeing a non-weathered Cocytan ship from the ground must be quite the sight.

so again about the "entrance", when I met the pentagon impression pad that Boston and gang landed in i meant as if there was an actual impression on the asteriod. Is there such impression, or crater like opening that would be the entrance to this asteriod? Speaking of which, is this asteriod/ship exactly like the original model (Atila) that came to earth, apart from the new engravings and being non-weathered?

Otherwise, you going to go on with your story! what happens next!

Ok here is my take on the Cocytan Asteroid Ships:

They are designed to be un-manded, and automatic.

The actual ship (the dodecahedron part) is encased inside an asteroid for 3 main reasons. First to keep it safe and protected from random outside influence, simple as that. Secondly it is to 'soften the blow' to species that figure out what it really is, I mean was seems more soothing, a 'simple' asteroid with a few artificial chambers, or a giant, obviously complex spaceship? This sort of goes hand in hand with the third reason. If they can figure out what the asteroid really is and reach it, then the species is at a basic level to understand and accept alien life.

Now for Atilla and the new asteroid. It is my belief that it had been traveling for many many centuries before if finally made it to Earth. During this time it had in fact collided with many objects that had destroyed the original surface features. The new asteroid, having been sent directly to Earth had not had its surface destroyed in the same way, so it has an intact surface entrance. The reason that the Cocytians sent this form of ship again is for familiarity. The original three, for which the ship is intended, knows this form, and can speedily get in and activate it.

Now for the rest of my story, well that may have to wait for a bit. I have the loose story, but the details aren't set yet. But please feel free to keep asking questions, the more you ask, the more complete the story gets.

may I recommend outlining your story, and brainstorming it, meaning just throw down what ever ideas you have about the story on paper, then sort them out.

when I started thinking up stories i have and have always been reluctant to write them done. Worse, some times I'll start on one, but insist on starting it from the very beginning, details and all. I even remember one time i ended up stoping because I got hung up on describing the faces and clothing of the characters, rather than focusing on the overall story.

Also setting deadlines for yourself is a good way to keep writing and preventing yourself from putting it off. Also, just focus on the story, don't worry about descriptions or writing style till later when the story is complete, or worry about how you are writing is at the moment (whether in outlining, brain storming, or writing chapters), just focus on the story.

Some good advice :) thanks. I have all the major plot outlined, now its just filling in the gaps and forming the details.

I really want a dig sequel to be made, if its with my story then I would be honoured. Dont spose you want to help write the story with me Du Man, you are really being helpful by asking a lot of questions, and I would love to hear you thoughts on my ideas :)

i think making a sequel of the game at this point might be hard, aside from legal, technical, and monitary challanges, the bigger problem is calling back the voice actors. Then again, these days there are a lot of talented people who can imitate other voices.

but nothing should stop if you're going to write a good story, or if you just really want to write one. as for help, i'll do my best. throw me stuff when you can and i'll try to give constructive feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived