Home

Planets from Kotor 1

Yathura Bana

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is at all possible if you can transfer the planets from the first kotor into the second??? Is this at all possible? If so, could someone tell me how to do it or better yet, send me the file lol. Just want to further my gaming experience until TSLRP bring out the download with all the cut content reinstated. If anyone can help me, id be most appreciative.

Cheers :)

The only way to do it would be to re skin existing TSL modules with newly created textures that look like the K1 planets. Direct porting of assets are against Lucasarts, Lucasforums policies and is illegal under the EULA.

Magic. Can anyone pm me on how to do it then? If i have it for personal use! Please please please! I would love to have it in my game or if someone would be so kind as to put it in a zip file for me to download i would be forever eternally grateful lol. Cheers

apologies :) new to this and still finding my feet. I just frigging love kotor 1&2 but have played them to death. Was hoping for new planets as I have the coruscant one for kotor2 but even then, would love the game to expand. Oh well, heres hoping they release a kotor3 which will have much more playability and worlds from both games included along with the outer rim. Yeah!

It works. But it is illegal. Or wait, is it illegal to port from one game to another if you own both games and just do it for you, not distrubting on the internet?

I suppose it is still illegal to do it just for yourself-- and to distribute it on the Internet. I mean, would you think it right to smoke marijuana in the U.S., just as long as you didn't give it to otehr people?

I know, a bad analogy, but it still kind of fits this situation.

People, I know you all have differeing opinions on this porting topic, but the fact is we do not condone the discussion of porting game assets between the games.

Sorry but we here at LucasForums have a special relationship with LA and will not ruin that by allowing things that will ruin that relationship.

For those who havent read them yet... Forum Rules

Speacifically the rule applying here;

7. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

Sorry that you might feel differently on this issue, but we cannot allow discussing porting assets here. I personally would love to get the TSL Jedi robes in K1, but C'est la vie.

Edit: Additionally I am closing this thread as it is redundant now that you made your other Tatooine thread.

Archived