Home

Wall damage

madjawa

Hi

Sorry, the topic title isn't very clear but I don't really know how to call that...

I want to make that when a player (or bot, npc) hits a wall (or ceiling) fast enough, it gets damaged (like falling damage but with walls, ...)

Is it hard to do? I don't have any idea on how to do this...

Thanks in advance

madjawa

Unless the wall is an entity (func_breakable) You cannot make the world geometry break like what you want to do. And you cannot make an entire map out of func_breakable. Because you need world geometry or it will fail to compile. Infinite leaking, etc. And entities don't interact like normal world geometry even brush entities.

And there is a max number of func_breakables too.. 255 I believe. If you add the spawnflag "Thin" to the breakable (it's a checkbox in the Entity Window), it works like glass, so you can jump on it, and it breaks.

Yeah, thing is running and bunny hopping with force speed with incredible speed way higher than the speed of falling a couple stories gives you no damage when you bump into a wall. Like Ensi said I think just take a look at the fall damage code.

Archived