Home

Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance

That's because the general look of the galaxy had changed by then. In fact, the way the environments of KOTOR look and not that much different from those depicted in the Exar Kun-era TOTJ comics.

All right :)

Nevertheless, I still think that Ajunta's ghost should be bald :)

While we're at it, I also think that Jorak Uln (the mad Sith from Tulak Hord's tomb) should also be completely bald. He just looks less... scary with those Picard style baldness. Not like scary, crazy Sith, but more like ones crazy uncle :D

1) could just be because Bioware didn't have the time to produce an entirely unique model for such a minor character occurring only in an entirely optional side quest, making them re-use an existing model instead. If you are over-analyzing the character appearances then the vast majority of the Sith army is made up of clones produced from only 3 baseline strains.

2) could just be ignorance from Obsidian's part, the same way they planted banners with the symbol of the Rakatan Infinite Empire in the Mandalorian camp on Dxun, re-using existing placeables without finding out if they have any specific meaning. Most people who aren't hardcore fans won't take notice of details like that anyway.

Though with K2, it's appearance could be due to the fact that Obsidian didn't have enough time to fully model and skin a completely new statue, considering the slim timescale they had. It would have been easier just to reuse existing assets.

Probably the same scenario with Bioware too, with the fact that the original Ajunta Pall has just an altered Dark Jedi skin. :p

(Hmm, what stoffe said, thats what happens when I take a break from writing a reply for 20 mins... :p)

Haha! Well I'll admit my suggested reasons for the discrepancy between the appearances of Ajunta and the statue are nothing more than pure conjecture, but my observations stem entirely from the game itself. The difference in appearances is clearly obvious, so I think the only people over-analysing are those who think the statue should be Ajunta.

It is a romantic idea, though, and one I surely appreciate. But don't you think it's weird that Bioware could have put more thought into making sure a statue bore Ajunta's real image, instead of putting in that same effort into (the spirit of :p) the man himself?

I guess we'll never know though, especially since it was supposed to have been Freedon Nadd instead.. who knows what the original concept was? But one thing's for sure: almost everyone would be happier if Ajunta didn't look like a stock Dark Jedi with a shield fetish.

So I say a big thank you for doing this, Silveredge9! Btw I like the finalised ghost eyes! Very cool! :D

I've always likened the statue's appearance in the Jedi Enclave sublevel as equivalent to the Lost Twenty busts in Attack of the Clones: Ajunta Pall may have been a revered Jedi Master at one point and his turning away from the Order sent shock waves of sadness throughout the Order. Thus, they constructed a statue of him in one of their enclaves in order to honor his memory as a Jedi.

my observations stem entirely from the game itself. The difference in appearances is clearly obvious,

As is the fact that 99% of the Dark Jedi in the game apparently are identical twins and half of them are obviously Ajunta Pall's brothers since they are using the exact same appearance models? No... It doesn't mean much, other than that it would take too much development time and take up too much space on the CDs to give every minor NPC in the game a unique appearance.

But don't you think it's weird that Bioware could have put more thought into making sure a statue bore Ajunta's real image, instead of putting in that same effort into (the spirit of :p) the man himself?

Because it's a lot harder and takes exponentially more time to make a functioning character model rather that a static statue wwithout any animations and with a simple monochrome texture? On the Effort vs. Gain scale it's a much easier way to portray a unique appearance in the game. Is that statue used in any other location in KOTOR 1?

This discussion is a bit off-topic in this thread though so I will say no more. :)

• 7 years later...

This was always one of my favorite mods. I am now about to play a "rebooted" game (i.e. one where I scrapped all my existing mods (because they were superfluous and starting to conflict with one another) and install choice mods from scratch. This was one of the ones I decided to keep.

However, it contains an appearance.2da file and no TSL Patcher, which spells bad news for me as it conflicts with several other mods. Can someone please instruct me on how to edit the appearance.2da file in my Override folder in order to make the changes required for this mod to work? I'm a noob at this type of modding (my only experience is with reskinning) so please be thorough and pedantic. I own KOTOR Tool.

This was always one of my favorite mods. I am now about to play a "rebooted" game (i.e. one where I scrapped all my existing mods (because they were superfluous and starting to conflict with one another) and install choice mods from scratch. This was one of the ones I decided to keep.

However, it contains an appearance.2da file and no TSL Patcher, which spells bad news for me as it conflicts with several other mods. Can someone please instruct me on how to edit the appearance.2da file in my Override folder in order to make the changes required for this mod to work? I'm a noob at this type of modding (my only experience is with reskinning) so please be thorough and pedantic. I own KOTOR Tool.

An easy way out is if you are going to use BoS:SR, since the Ajunta Pall mod was accidentally included in it...

There is an entire sub-forum for .2da modding tutorials at the top of the page. Is the existing appearance.2da modding tutorial not sufficient?

You can easily check that by opening two instances of Kotor Tools 2DA editor. In one you open the appearance.2da file of the Unique Ajunta Pall mod and in the other one you open the unmodified vanilla one (after extracting it with Kotor Tool). Then you check what's different.

And you also need to do the same for heads.2da if you have another mod conflicting there.

Archived