Home

What Would it Take to Kill Revan/Exile?

No. They're Jedi. Genre conventions state that no one can ever be killed by an errant blaster bolts. To be slain by Generic Hostiles, they must survive for far too long against impossible odds and take dozens, perhaps even hundreds to thousands with him, a la Ganner Rhysode.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heh, am I the only one who thinks they're mortal enough to be killed by regular, run-of-the-mill Sith troopers? :p

No, if caught by surprise or helpless/asleep even a Sith trooper with a fillet knife could kill them instantly by slitting their throats. But if you arrange the confrontation so they meet on Revan's terms, when a Jedi is strongest in a direct staged combat, then a single Sith Trooper wouldn't stand much of a chance.

(Unless it's a Sith Trooper who makes a suicide bombing attack against them during that battle with an explosive device with a blast too large and powerful to dodge. Even Jedi reflexes and premonition is useless if it's impossible to evade the danger no matter what.)

Ever heard of Order 66?

A fully tooled up Revan or Exile would be an absolute nightmare. Spam Force Wave or Death Field\Force Storm. In lightsaber combat Yoda might be able to take Revan. But from what I've seen the two are by far the most powerful. Any attempt on them would have to be done with secracy and surprise.

Assuming they're at the peak of their powers, it would probably take more than a few "regular" sith troopers in arena style combat. However, if they were fighting dirty (some form of force suppression), it would be more plausible. Stoffe is right, though, that it wouldn't necessarily be hard to kill them if they were already in a vulnerable state (sick, sleeping, completely distracted, etc..). That's how Palp's master went down. Of course, if ROTS is any indication, you might not really need more than a few good clones at a bad moment...

Actually, a True Sith kill may be pretty good for Revan and Exile. I wouldn't contest that. How else can one prove the True Sith are great unless they actually score a victory? If they don't, then it just makes Revan and Exile so uber-powerful I would dislike it.

I meant it in the way that K3 probably won't be made therefore no true sithing, I actually dislike the true Sith idea, and as nothing other than kreias rambling mentions them I consider them non existent, but like you say I don't think Revan should be invincible

Ever heard of Order 66?

A fully tooled up Revan or Exile would be an absolute nightmare. Spam Force Wave or Death Field\Force Storm. In lightsaber combat Yoda might be able to take Revan. But from what I've seen the two are by far the most powerful. Any attempt on them would have to be done with secracy and surprise.

I think Revan and/or Exile would choose to temporarily side with the Jedi (assuming darkside) or would side with Jedi automatically (assuming lightside) either because they don't like the competition from Palpatine (that and Revan felt he needed the Jedi for his little war to come) or they think Palpatine is a maniac.

As far as the Kreias, they'd be too busy trying to manipulate or kill each other as they fight over Revan and the Exile. Remember Kreia loved Revan as a student and loved the Exile, so Revan would probably talk the Kreias into fighting each other to the death.

This whole "If they caught Revan while he's sleeping". First of all, Revan is a freaking Jedi Knight. Jedi Knights never get caught off guard sleeping, usually because they don't sleep all that much, they use meditation that allows them to get the benefits of sleep while remaining conscious or something, however that works. So that is right out. About the only thing that could beat him are Ysalamiri, massive numbers of grunt enemies that just wear him down, or orbital bombardments.

This whole "If they caught Revan while he's sleeping". First of all, Revan is a freaking Jedi Knight. Jedi Knights never get caught off guard sleeping, usually because they don't sleep all that much, they use meditation that allows them to get the benefits of sleep while remaining conscious or something, however that works. So that is right out. About the only thing that could beat him are Ysalamiri, massive numbers of grunt enemies that just wear him down, or orbital bombardments.

Didn't he survive massive numbers of grunt enemies single handedly carving a path of carnage to face and defeat Malek. Didn't he also survive an orbital bombardment and escape, I don't think those would kill Revan.

He managed to evade the orbital bombardment because he was already escaping when it started. As for the massive numbers of grunts, well, they really weren't all that massive. A hundred, maybe, a few at a time. A thousand at once would get him. 800 with blasters, 200 with Vibroblades or Stun Batons.

Well, we're operating under the assumption this would be Revan vs. whatever you think could kill him in an arena-style battle.

But yeah, it's possible. No matter how good he is at tactics there's no real way to avoid being ambushed or back-stabbed. Malak and Bastila (and also Saul) did that to him well enough. :p

Actually, yes, I think someone could catch Revan in a situation like that. It's not that complicated. It's called 'Revan's on board, seal the decks around him, get all our troopers together in a bottleneck and wait for him to breach one of the doors.'

I'd say a Voxyn hunting pack could probably bring him down, too.

Actually, yes, I think someone could catch Revan in a situation like that. It's not that complicated. It's called 'Revan's on board, seal the decks around him, get all our troopers together in a bottleneck and wait for him to breach one of the doors.'

I'd say a Voxyn hunting pack could probably bring him down, too.

As we know it, no voxyn hunting pack can kill any main characters :)

Main characters, unlike minor chracters, are not subject to the swarm-kill rule, unless that is part of the story, then anything can happen(like having a sad chewie death).

Well, even a minor character can pull off a "none shall pass" death though.

Hmm maybe Sith Troopers armed with Slug Throwers (they the shots cannot be sent right back)

Hmm, where was this established? I find it somewhat peculiar that kinetic impact projectiles cannot be deflected while energy/plasma weapons can. If a lightsaber is able to slice through an armored blast door it should be able to vaporize a bullet on impact.

And even if this is the case you'd think a force user would be able to telekinetically push back incoming projectiles.

Hmm, where was this established? I find it somewhat peculiar that kinetic impact projectiles cannot be deflected while energy/plasma weapons can. If a lightsaber is able to slice through an armored blast door it should be able to vaporize a bullet on impact.

And even if this is the case you'd think a force user would be able to telekinetically push back incoming projectiles.

Well, from what we know lightsabers indeed cannot deflect pieces of "stuff", namely bullets and slugs and whatever it is. Vaporizing a bullet would probably be a bad idea then, since you would get hit by a charging stream of superheated gasous-isque mixture(or even plasma if it is broken down enough). But using physical projectile against a force user is probably not such a good idea to start with. Even without lightsaber those slugs and things(and even 'nades) can be deflected back at you with pin point accuracy. Now, sending a blast of super fine meterial shards would work though I suppose, since the jedi may miss (may being the keyword here) a few of these pieces travelling at hyper velocity, even if he decides to blow them out of his way. Speaking of which, liquid launched at hypervelocity would work even better, especially if such liquid itself is hazardous, like super-heated, acidic, poisonous, etc.

Remember, throw enough mud against the wall and some will stick, and thats basically how you kill one of these jedi scumbags. no matter how good they are, if you throw enough stuff at them, sooner or later they will go OOM and that bit of fatigue is going to let that little shot go thru his defences, and BAM!

Well it is weird that it works on plasma though.

However, using a sonic weapon seems to work quite well. It cannot be deflected by lightsaber, and probably cannot be deflected back easily with the force. Well it doesn't mean that the Jedi/sith would get hit though. He might just shield himself from the attack, absorb it and/or move out of the way.

I always wonder though, what would a dustcloud of cortosis alloy do to the lightsabers. :)

ONE FINAL THING, Jedi can only DEFLECT A RELATIVELY WEAK ENERGY BEAM ATTACK. So get a BIGGER GUN. Even Yod in all his glory cannot deflect a DeathStar shot.

Archived