Home

Halo 3 for the wii or ps3

comz4luigi

• 2 weeks later...

Far Cry began on the PC and different versions of the game were made for the various consoles. As far as I'm aware they didn't literally port it to the consoles, although I could be wrong. I also believe none of the console versions were handled by Crytek, the original developers (who went on to work on Crysis instead).

As for the Wii Far Cry, that's really down to the developers rather than the console. It was lazily produced and I suspect more to cash in than anything, resulting in a game that looked quite ugly and wasn't that fun. The Wii has power on par with the original Xbox, yet looked worse than the original Xbox's version of Far Cry. This is what lazy development brings.

The Wii in general could be excellent for first-person shooters though, as the controller is the closest thing to the tactile brilliance of a mouse that a console has. It's a shame the Wii doesn't have the hardware to take a serious polygon-pushing first-person shooter.

I hope Nintendo follows the Wii up with a refined version of the controller(s) and industry-leading hardware, meaning we get the superb controls and great graphics. Up until the Wii Nintendo were pretty well known for having very adept hardware in their consoles and indeed their games looked amongst the best of each generation.

It has Call of Duty 3 and Metroid Prime, as well as an updated version of Resident Evil 4 (although that's a third-person shooter).

More will inevitably come; just like the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3, and most other consoles, the first year is pretty slow for new releases. I'm not sure how it being equal to the Xbox has any relation to whether or not any first-person shooters are out for it -- that's down to whether or not publishers and developers make them. :D

Archived