Home

Actually, what will push YOU to leave America?

SilentScope001

I want to know what will push someone to leave America, rather than stating, "Oh no! America stinks! Move, move, move!"

You must always have plans in case, well, something terrible and unexpected happens, after all. And it seems a bit too nationalistic for my taste to stay in America no mater what. Shouldn't I ask what my country does for me, rather than what I do for my country?

But, eh, maybe you would want to stay in America. Here is a list of possible situations that America could go through.

1) America becomes a left-wing utopia (left-wingers will stay, right-wingers might be disappointed).

2) America becomes a religious right-wing utopia (religious right-wingers will stay, left-wingers might be disappointed).

3) America becomes run by Corporations outright (fiscal conservatives will stay, everyone else will whine)

4) America turns into a Third World Nation, a la Africa, with civil wars and poverty lines. Oh, and it loses its superpower status as well in the process. (EVERYONE will scream for help)

Will America goes through these situations? Unlikely. But, you always have to be careful...what if America loses World War III with China, for instance?

I don't know if I would leave for the first three situations, in fact, it may be that I may never even notice it...but for the fourth situation, you can bet I'm hauling myself over to China.

Don't know about hauling @ss to the PRC, SS. It might just be as big a slag pile as the US at that point, assuming you survive such a war. ;)

I'm not sure that there's really anywhere else to go. Much would really depend on how it translates into your daily life. Many would/do argue that America is basically a benign autocracy, regardless of which party seems to be in charge. So, we appear to have something roughly similiar to an alternating of #s 1 & 2. Also, given the manner in which $$ influences elections, we probably already have #3 as well. I guess I'll have to wait and see what's actually behind door #4 before I make any decisions.

What would push me to leave the US--if the laws are altered enough that my freedom of religion and/or speech is impaired enough that I can't speak openly of such things. At that point, the government has violated my fundamental rights and I'll need to seek another country where I can worship/speak safely and freely. That will likely be difficult to find, however.

If I got forcefully deported or if the public authority was specifically after me... when things go bad (which will probably happen)...

If fascism or ochlocracy comes around the corner... i'll be ready to resist it...

By the way, MdKnightR... what amp do you have? Mesa-Boogie? Or a Peavy perhaps... (It complements the B.C. Rich's metalic tones) hahaha... i had to ask.

To be honest, I doubt anything could push me to leave the United States. If the States degenerate far enough that I would want to leave, I don't really want to think about what the rest of the world would be like. Although a colonization program might persuade me to leave, not that it'll happen any time soon.

I would have to say something similar to Jae's answer. I think that if the Christian Coalition or the Religious Right ever got the upper hand and made Christianity the state religion, I'd be packing my bags.

Uh most of the Religious Right want nothing of the sort, besides that couldn't happen anyways if you study the Constitution. What some people on the right want is for students to be able to pray again at school (voluntary not forcing people into it). They don't want to make Christianity the state religion, in fact the Constitution wouldn't let them do that.

What would get me to leave well that's a tough one.

I'd be on the Verge of leaving if Hillary becomes President because I'm that concerned of what I believe she'll attempt to do.

I have nothing against the idea of a woman being President, however I do have something against Hillary specifically becoming President.

It would take another idiot from Texas becoming President and giving a bad name to all Texans. ;)

Not really nothing would get me to leave my home.

I'd be on the Verge of leaving if Hillary becomes President because I'm that concerned of what I believe she'll attempt to do.

I’m actually looking forward to a Madame President. Can’t screw the county up anymore then the men have for the last 231 years. Also can’t say if I agree with Mrs. Clinton’s politics, but I know I’ll agree more with them then I do Mr. Bush’s.

Uh most of the Religious Right want nothing of the sort, besides that couldn't happen anyways if you study the Constitution. What some people on the right want is for students to be able to pray again at school (voluntary not forcing people into it). They don't want to make Christianity the state religion, in fact the Constitution wouldn't let them do that.

Well, if you haven't noticed, our Constitutional freedoms have continually been whittled away for quite a while. The domestic spying program, gun control, and censorship are just a few examples of its erosion. Believe me, when government runs unchecked, it will do what it can to eliminate the Constitution.

And, as far as only wanting VOLUNTARY prayer in schools....that is already allowed. No one can tell a student or a teacher that they cannot pray. What is forbidden is a formal, state-sanctioned version (ie. a teacher leading a prayer session). The school system that I taught in for 7 years has a "moment of silence to reflect on the anticipated activities of the day" right after the Pledge of Allegiance. Anyone may pray or not as their conscience dictates.

Afraid she'll do something that will further dilute the Constitution??? However, I would have to agree that her being in power scares the crap out of me. But, then again, I feel the same way about Nancy Pelosi being 2 bullets away from the presidency.

By the way, MdKnightR... what amp do you have? Mesa-Boogie? Or a Peavy perhaps... (It complements the B.C. Rich's metalic tones) hahaha... i had to ask.

I actually don't have an amp right now. I've been playing through a Line 6 GuitarPort on my computer. I started playing again back in December after years of neglect. I do have a 4x12 cabinet, but I have yet to get a head to power it. I am looking though. I would love to have a Mesa-Boogie, but that is way out of my price range. I've been looking at a Vox Valvetronix or even a Line 6 Flextone. Until then, the GuitarPort will have to tide me over.

It's already pushed me to leave. I'm uncomfortable with the way the country is going, and the law enforcement believes they are gods. I mean seriously, I was arrested for being "suspicious." I mean, come on? America is falling through the roof.

So now I'm waiting for 18 to come, then it's either Britain or Japan I'm moving to.

I've looked at Britain, and I'm beginning to agree with you PazaakPrincess. I'd rather go to Japan (Cheap manga FTW!!) or Canada (A little more expensive, but once you've become a citizen, it should be all good.)

So I don't really know, I still gota few years before I make that decision.

It's already pushed me to leave. I'm uncomfortable with the way the country is going, and the law enforcement believes they are gods. I mean seriously, I was arrested for being "suspicious." I mean, come on? America is falling through the roof.

So now I'm waiting for 18 to come, then it's either Britain or Japan I'm moving to.

Well, Japan is extreamely americanized. My mom lived in Switzerland for a while and she said it was really nice.

I actually don't have an amp right now. I've been playing through a Line 6 GuitarPort on my computer. I started playing again back in December after years of neglect. I do have a 4x12 cabinet, but I have yet to get a head to power it. I am looking though. I would love to have a Mesa-Boogie, but that is way out of my price range. I've been looking at a Vox Valvetronix or even a Line 6 Flextone. Until then, the GuitarPort will have to tide me over.

Well, i've been using a fender tube for the last three years for my epiphone les paul... and it's pretty much dead... i'd like to have a marshal or mesa-bogie... i wish they made amps like they did back in the day... they may look like $h!* but they last a loooooooong time. You have any foot pedals?

Well, i've been using a fender tube for the last three years for my epiphone les paul... and it's pretty much dead... i'd like to have a marshal or mesa-bogie... i wish they made amps like they did back in the day... they may look like $h!* but they last a loooooooong time. You have any foot pedals?

Nah. The GuitarPort has them all built into the software. Of course, you can't control them with your feet, but you can at least get the sound you're after. If I get a traditional tube head, I'll have to get a Line 6 Pod or Behringer V-amp for my effects. If I get the Line 6 head, all I'll need is a 4-channel switch pedal.

We probably better stay on topic! WHAT HAPPENED?!? This thread had 2 pages the last time I checked. Now it's lost some posts!

edit - Nevermind....I just got my wires crossed.

yeah hahaha...

But like i said... if anyone really wants to leave america... check Switerland out... then tell me about it hahaha...

no, i'll probably stay here clinging to what many would consider to be a false sense of hope.

Archived