Home

oblivion

comz4luigi

i have heard a bit about it... ii think the graphics are cool (I actually saw them =D) and i think the voices are neat... but I like the text stuff

is this game still as huge as III Morrowind? or is it (because of graphics) smaller?? like... less quests and stuffs

=D

I really like Oblivion so much that I'm trying out mids to make it more fun. <_<

There are the same amount of quests I would say but Oblivion main quest makes more sense. I don't even remember anything about Morrowind main quest, let alone if there was one, never really noticed.

Side quests are pretty much like hand-me-downs! The same.

is this game still as huge as III Morrowind? or is it (because of graphics) smaller?? like... less quests and stuffs

=D

I think the official statistic is that it's four times larger. Don't quote me on that, but it's definitely bigger.

In any case, the game is the bee's knees.

Oblivion is amazing. It's a great sequel to Morrowind. My Dark Elf pwns so hard.

Has anyone heard about the Morrowind mod for Oblivion? I guess people are re-creating the whole Morrowind game as a mod for Oblivion, and you're spose to be able to travel some gate back and forth.

Crazy.

Oblivion is amazing. It's a great sequel to Morrowind. My Dark Elf pwns so hard.

Has anyone heard about the Morrowind mod for Oblivion? I guess people are re-creating the whole Morrowind game as a mod for Oblivion, and you're spose to be able to travel some gate back and forth.

Crazy.

That would freaking be amazling! I never thought about that.

Since I'm a low level modder, I plan on recreating Kvatch! If only they had Kvatch-like buildings.

Since I'm a low level modder, I plan on recreating Kvatch! If only they had Kvatch-like buildings.

I heard someone was working on a mod like that a few months ago, though I don't know if they gave up or are still working on it.

It's something that should have been in the game from the beginning, IMO. It looks pretty ridiculous when you visit Kvatch a year (in-game time) later and the ruins are still burning, the Legion patrol is still cowering in the chapel and all the surviving citizens are still in their camp talking about going back into the city to look for survivors. And you'd think the city would be filled by water by then after it has been perpetually raining for a year. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I've heard about...

With the recent release of the Shivering Isles expansion, and Bethesda's new "ownership" of Fallout 3, I wouldn't count on any new TES releases (at least in the near future)... :(

Hopefully that doesn't mean they "won't".. just not any time soon (though I'd gladly like to be wrong... hehehe)

With the recent release of the Shivering Isles expansion, and Bethesda's new "ownership" of Fallout 3, I wouldn't count on any new TES releases (at least in the near future)... :(

Hopefully that doesn't mean they "won't".. just not any time soon (though I'd gladly like to be wrong... hehehe)

Morrowind was released in 2002 and Oblivion in 2006, a four year gap in between. Since Oblivion is roughly a year old by now I wouldn't expect any announcements about the sequel for a few years yet even if they are working on one. Huge games like the TES games do take quite some time to make after all. :)

I doubt they're going to drop the TES series since it has been their flagship games for so long, with some spin-off products as well.

About a possible TES V, it seems rather positive when you look at the job offers presently posted on the Bethesda website:

Note the first sentence "Build and texture creatures and characters for the next generation of Elder Scrolls and Fallout games." here:

http://www.bethsoft.com/links/job_011305_charartst.html

and here: http://www.bethsoft.com/links/job_112106_leveldsgnr.html

About a possible TES V, it seeks rather positive when you look at the job offers presently posted on the Bethesda website:

Wow.. that's a nice read :D

Tempting to apply just to see if I had a chance, but then you're stuck with non-disclosure (I have a big mouth) and can't release material (mods) since your 'brain juice' is considered an asset by Bethesda :xp:

• 2 weeks later...

keep in mind in this story i turned 13 the day before this happened

i, myself was about to buy the collecters edition and they asked me for my id. wwhat id???!!! i thought i asked why i needed an id. they said because it was rated m but if i had a parent here i could buy it. now, my dad was coming over. i said that the game was rated t and they looked at the box and it was. they said wierd and was going to let me bye it but my by this time my dad had arrived. his immediate question was WHATS THIS RATED???? being he thinks m games should be banned from the market. he looked on the back and without agnolaging the T he yelled, BLOOD AND GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!! my brother and i tried to first explain that it had a very small amount, unlike grand theft auto or anything like that. STILL WHAT ARE YOU THINKING NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then we tried to say it was a T game. still NO!!!!IT HAS BLOOD AND GORE! (by the way my brothers almost 15) we tried to argue to our mom but she agreed with him. now we are rebeling and have lived in the basment for 2 days. hoped you liked my little oblivion story.

hehehe... 2 whole days eh? Sneaking the food when they're sleeping :ninja2:

If it helps influence your parents any, there are tweaks to remove the blood effects (decals). HOWEVER, the game in itself is grossly violent and even without blood, the gore (zombies and such) are beautiful in detail enough to gag the "average parent". Suggestive and morally-violent innuendo is quite rampant as well...

Even if you do convince them, don't be shocked should they start hyper-ventilating and yank the plug from the wall if they watch you play. I'm not a parent, but since I do own Oblivion, and know what can be expected, I'd almost agree with them (in hindsight).

But yeah, at 13 years old... yeah, I know exactly "what & how much" I already knew at 13 so I mean no disrespect. I'm quite sure you've seen (and perhaps done.. hehehe) worse than anything a pixel can re-create... hehehe ;)

BLOOD AND AL GORE! NO WAY!!!!! my brother and i tried to first explain that it had a very small amount, unlike grand theft auto or anything like that.

I would hardly say that Oblivion only has a small amount of blood and gore (though I haven't played GTA so I can't compare it to that). Whenever you fight someone with weapons you spray blood when you hit them. Some dungeons (and pretty much all of Mehrunes Dagon's Deadlands) are full of gruesome scenes with plenty of blood, gore, hung decaying body parts and other nasty sights. And as ChAiNz said the zombies look rather disgusting if you pause long enough to get a look at them.

Pretty violent game as well, my current character (level 46) has a body count of about 8000 creatures and 2000 NPCs. Some quests, the Dark Brotherhood in particular, are so evil I can't bring myself to play them.

Though I suppose none if it is any worse than what you can watch on TV if you're into that sort of thing. :)

Archived