Home

I bought a Zune...

manoman81

And I'm trying really hard not to like it. But, dagnabit, it's growing on me. My ZVM is on the way out and I can't deal with listening to the radio. Too much crap on it now days. My problem is trying to find 240 x 320 walls for the thing. I've been through deviant art and I'm searching GIS to see what I find. Do you guys have have any preferred links for papers this size? I would prefer clean images as I won't be the only one to see this thing in the car.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20070103.jpg

Ah, Penny Arcade. What would I do without you.

I personally can't critisize Zune owners though. I've never used one so I can't say. I'm perfectly happy with my Ipod though in spite of the few loud mouths who like to bash it because it's popular.

It holds my 6000+ song library with no problem and is easy as anything to keep it organized. Carrying around something that is the size of a deck of cards rather than a huge zipper binder full of CDs is worth the price in and of itself.

So, how does the Zune compare to what it is up against?

So, how does the Zune compare to what it is up against?

Well, I'm still getting used to it. I loved my ZVM. It was easy to navigate and had a button that I could customize to do what i wanted. Like setting it to "Random Play All". I miss that. My biggest complaint so far is that the Zune will not connect with WMP 11. It has it's own proprietary software which is just a suped up version of WMP. I also wish I could set it as an external HD like I could with the Zen.

The good stuff is that the screen is huge and the picture quality is great. The menu system is very easy to learn and navigate. Once you have the Zune software setup the way you want, everything is quickly transfered. The wireless transfer is really fast and kind of a neat feature.

Edit: I think with time, and if MS gets away from the proprietary software, the Zune could do very well in later generations. The sound is great and I can actually see the album art while driving. I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

There are few reasons as to why I won't go with an Ipod and it's not because it's Mac. I honestly don't like Itunes. I hate that it converts music to a different format. Also, I worry about how thin the Ipods are. Knowing myself, I would probably sit down with it in the back pocket and crush it. But, I know it's a good machine for some people so I won't knock it either.

But as Anthony said, this thing plays music and that's all that matters. I'm still looking for walls if anyone cares to share! :)

As soon as your ZVM (I'm guessing Zen Vision M right?) Use it every waking moment of your life. The Zen is horrible, and it breaks easily.

Zen or iPod is what I use, Zune is just...crap.

The post above me is hard to understand and makes little sense even if you read it carefully...

As soon as your ZVM (I'm guessing Zen Vision M right?) Use it every waking moment of your life. The Zen is horrible, and it breaks easily.

Zen or iPod is what I use, Zune is just...crap.

Wait, As soon as your ZVM something, Use it ever moment of your life. The Zen is horrible, and breaks easy, yet an iPod or a Zen, which breaks easy, is what you use...WHAT?

GB2/English Class >.> <.<

Wait, As soon as your ZVM something, Use it ever moment of your life. The Zen is horrible, and breaks easy, yet an iPod or a Zen, which breaks easy, is what you use...WHAT?

GB2/English Class >.> <.<

I meant the Zune is horrible. =P

And I've never had a problem with my 80GB iPod Video, but I've had a crap load of problems with Zune. And Zen is atleast better then a Zune.

Ah, Penny Arcade. What would I do without you.

Be forced to come up with your own jokes? "Penny Arcade blows" is synonymous with "the earth, shee-zuh rown-duh" to me.

It holds my 6000+ song library with no problem and is easy as anything to keep it organized. Carrying around something that is the size of a deck of cards rather than a huge zipper binder full of CDs is worth the price in and of itself.

I like CDs. *shrugs*

Well what do people dislike about it mostly, apart that it bears the Microsoft tag?

Interested myself as my old pod is breaking more than I'd want it to. I want music, and a good scroll system. Zen fails in that latter aspect for me, and I'd much rather not dance around the table again with apple software.

So far, I like it. The screen is huge. The scrolling is kinda cool because when it is flipping through, it has a large letter to the right to show where you are at. The thing that is killing me is the short battery life. Make sure you set the display to black out after 5 secs and to turn off the wireless function when you're not using it. I think MS has a great idea and if they come out with another generation, they need to fix the play for sure thing, let the wireless function connect to a PC/network, and work on the battery life.

• 3 months later...

I saw the add for the $100 zune, and I to am honestly thinking about it.

I've never owned an mp3 player and I've always wanted one, but I'm not the type of person to dish out 2 or 3 hundred dollars just for some little accessory.

But now that I have a bit of money a part of me does want to go for the ipod touch instead...

I'm at a loss.

Archived