Home

I bought a Zune...

manoman81

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is supposed to be software and firmware updates this week if I remember right. It should update gen 1 to everything that gen 2 is going to have. Including wifi connectivity to computers for syncing.

Now that is incredibly awesome.

In all honestly, the main appeals of the ipod touch for me were the very large and bright touch screen and the wifi internet connection. But honestly, I'm never at locations with wifi, so it's not that big of a deal, really.

The Zune is looking more and more appealing...

Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?

No. Well, not really. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on eBay. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.

How do I return a defective product?

Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven't dissuaded you, email rma@woot.com with your woot order number, the name of the product you are returning, and the detailed problem with the item. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren't likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that's all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling customer service for that product.

Woot has been around a long time, and I haven't heard many complaints about their service. Sam Fisher (from here, not IRL jeeze) just bought a Zune from this deal, actually, so we'll see how that goes.

Impulse buying ftw!

Mostly he's been playing Guild Wars and schooling. Seems to have left LF for good - at least, he doesn't seem interested in coming back, even though he knows I visit. I figure he got burnt out on posting 6k times in just a few of years; he's even still on the first page of highest post counts. :D

Come to think of it, that's probably a good thing since I seem to have become more and more crazy the longer I stay...

Darn it, I done gone and bought mahself one 'a dem Zunes contraptions.

And grab the battery pack while you're at it if you want an additional 6-12 hours of playback! woot!

I hope that isn't really a necessity. I rarely go on super long car rides or hikes. I'd really only watch movies for 4 or 5 hours if I was riding down to Indiana or up to Michigan or someplace to visit family.

Oh well. I didn't buy it. I'm cheap. I hope I don't regret it.

Which color did you get?

Also, I bought this with it, a little pricey, but believe me, it's incredible! Zunes, iPods, and Zen Visions are all susceptible to scratching. And if you're like me you'll be incredibly gentile and protective of it, trying to keep it from getting scratched. Well, with an Invisible shield, you'll never have to worry, ever. You can skid this across a table face-down and be totally unworried. I actually have proof it's awesome. I bought a shield for my Zen, and my bro got the same Zen for himself, but no shield. After just a few weeks his was completely covered in scratches, while mine still looked brand-new.

Full body: http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/MSFTZN.html

Screen: http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/MSFTZNS.html

I bought a full-body shield. It's a little pricey, and from what I understand, don't get the free shipping. I'm not sure but in the small print it says something about it taking around 2 weeks to deliver (!).

I'm not so sure. I'm pretty low on cash, and as much as I'm protective of stuff like that, I'm not sure if I want to dish out 30 bucks for a piece of plastic when I could honestly buy a rubber case at best buy for probably half the price.

But maybe. I dunno.

Just got mine in the mail :D

Mind you I got it new from Amazon, but it's essentially the same thing many of you are getting.

I really like it, the new software is fantastic as is the firmware. Audio quality is very good, even with the packaged headphones and the little sock for it is quite cute.

Money well spent.

Sam Fisher

You last visited: 03-15-2007 at 07:57 PM

Hey, it HAS been a while!

Anyways...saw this of SD's shoulder and decided pop in for a moment...still waiting for my Zune, hopefully it will come tomorrow, so....

I've had a Creative Zen Touch for almost 3 years now, and it still works like the day I bought it...gotta love 20+ hours of battery life. Yeh.

But I decided I wanted another player...get up there with all the other people with color screens! Yay!

(And I really am not playing GW anymore, kinda moved on for now. In the process of buying a kickass compy with SD so we can play CoD4 and Crysis and stuff and it all look amazing..heh..)

I'll jump back in sometime after I get the Zune.

Thats why you always do it overnight. Create a large queue of videos and movies and TV shows and just hit convert and leave it on over night.

Yeah that is exactly what I just did but for whatever reason I woke up to an error.

I'll try it again while I'm at Church.

EDIT: Yeah, just tried it again and got a "No file outputted" error message.

Odd

EDIT 2: Tried it a third time after realizing that there was a preset for the Zune and that worked but for whatever reason when I play it back on my Zune I can't fast forward. I"ll guess I'll keep messing with it.

Archived