Home

Hype: Is there to much pressure on this game?

Is there already too much pressure on the game to be great, its hyped up in circles as the greatest SW game ever, and it does look good, but as people build expectations for this to be the have all and end all of SW games.

Could TFU be ina for a beating if it doesnt deliver to everyone?

I'm excited for this game because it looks like it's going to be amazing. Not because it's overhyped.

This game has frankly received very little attention. There's no real media buzz about it. No commercials, nothing even at E3, yet. We're still scarce on information. Granted, there is almost a year to go, but at this point, they're barely hyping this game at all, (to my dismay, even), and we're the ones who are doing all the excitedness.

It doesn't appear that they're using marketing to polish a turd or anything, that's what I'm saying. So I'm not too scared of disappointment.

Is there already too much pressure on the game to be great, its hyped up in circles as the greatest SW game ever, and it does look good, but as people build expectations for this to be the have all and end all of SW games.

Could TFU be ina for a beating if it doesnt deliver to everyone?

Despite what Jawajoey said, I think that TFU is being overhyped. Yeah, it uses a technology that, currently, only that game and the instant-classic GTA IV work on Euphoria. Course it's being hyped then, even and ever in the shadows of the polemic Rockstar game, that's expected.

I think, however, that it'll be great, IF the final product is what it promises now. But, for some people, it'll be a letdown, no doubt. You think, that when the only Star Wars title announce for the next year (aside from a reduced Battlefront game and a re-release of two recent LEGO based games in one) won't be hyped?

Despite what Jawajoey said, I think that TFU is being overhyped. Yeah, it uses a technology that, currently, only that game and the instant-classic GTA IV work on Euphoria. Course it's being hyped then, even and ever in the shadows of the polemic Rockstar game, that's expected.

I think, however, that it'll be great, IF the final product is what it promises now. But, for some people, it'll be a letdown, no doubt. You think, that when the only Star Wars title announce for the next year (aside from a reduced Battlefront game and a re-release of two recent LEGO based games in one) won't be hyped?

That's true. I'm sure that hype will ramp up significantly in the coming months. We'll see if they overdo it. But so far, none of my excitement for the game has come from propaganda or media exposure. The facts are what are getting me pumped.

If there is any pressure on the game, it is because it is the first Star Wars game released in some time (and I'm not taking Lego Star Wars into account here). Also, we haven't had a decent Jedi-whacking, lightsaber-swinging, all-round action game since Jedi Academy, and so everybody wants to make sure this game doesn't blow it.

Archived