Home

Petition! New Star Wars RTS. And we want Petroglyph to make it!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Hi everyone. EaW is now a good year old and do we really want to wait another 5 years for another Star Wars RTS game? Hell NO!

Petroglyph proved that they can make a fun RTS game with EaW and bring together all the key elements from Star Wars - humour, space battles and ground battles.

Maybe some of the features missing from the games release should be included - such as diplomacy. This is YOUR chance to voice your approval for a brand new Star Wars RTS.

I will keep the thread open for a while and then pass it on to LucasArts.

To approve just type /signed.

I thank you!

DMUK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signed

but in general I just want to see Lucasarts step up...they've got what? One new game in the works (Force Unleashed) right now and that's it and it isn't even for the PC. Experiencing a serious Post-prequel slowdown. This may be a good thing in terms of quality, but it's scary in terms of a lack of presence.

Petro did a good job, but I wouldn't mind seeing something from a CIV perspective...wait a tick...Rebellion! That'd be awesome now wouldn't it! /obligatorycomment

signed

we need one, when i'm not singing EAW's praises (which is nearly all the time especially after getting a new gfx card) i notice little things that aren't in it, and that modders still can't put in.

But if they make it i know i'll have even less of a life, 9.9/10 times of the year i've been playing EAW/FOC!

• 2 weeks later...

/signed

BUT I noticed that Petro had some great ideas that weren't used in EaW or FoC that could have had for a far more in-depth RTS. If we can get an RTS that covers both era's (Prequel and Original) and is more strategic, like the old 'Star Trek: Birth of the Federation', that would be fantastic.

/signed

A lot of good RTS releases coming down the pike in the next 12 months, so I'd expect a bit of a saturated market (UaW (woot Petro!), StarCraft2, etc). That said, EaW came exceptionally close to the perfect SW RTS--we need to see it expand and grow to be one of the best RTS's out there.

Totally agree with one of the posters above: what the hell happened to LA? We've got no games en route. Even a hint that they intend to keep developing PC SW games would be mucho appreciated :)

Archived