Home

[WIP] The Brotherhood of Shadow

Silveredge9

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If no unexpected occurrences happen, I'll probably finish the actual content by the end of today. All 8 Modules + Content in existing modules will be there for the first time as a fully playable quest. :p

After then it's just a matter of fixing bugs, minor dialogue tweaks and finishing some custom skins. And then release!

A few more screenshots...

Une

Deux

If anybody is interested in the style of the dialogue that will be present within the mod. Then here is a sample of one of the conversations you will be having towards the end of the mod. The dialogue is changed in places depending on your gender (Example, Lord, Lady, and so on...). And also, I've tried to offer different responses depending on the type of 'Revan' your playing, which includes, Light, Dark and the manipulative/all knowing Revan that was established in KOTOR2. :p

My Lady, as you commanded of me on that fateful day, I have remained hidden. Away from the prying eyes of your traitorous apprentice. Awaiting your inevitable return.

- Do you seek to offer me aid Sith? You should be aware that I have cast down my former self and have embraced a more virtuous perception of life. I no longer worship the dark side of the force.

- Do you blindly assume that a being such as yourself can offer meaningful aid to the Dark Lord of the Sith?

- I will accept any aid you wish to give me. In a war such as this, it is only logical to accept help from those who wish to provide it. No matter where their loyalties lie.

I do not care for your loyalties to the force my Lord. I seek to serve you regardless of your affiliation with light or dark. This day I bring a gift, and one that I believe you will find most useful.

You were being transferred by the Republic to the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine for readjustment. For a time, your home was the Harbinger, a Republic vessel not too dissimilar to this one.

It was there that, under the guise of a Republic doctor, I managed to secure some of your personal belongings that were confiscated from you after the betrayal of your apprentice. I have guarded these belongings with my life, until the day you were once again active. This day.

My Lord, accept these robes, mask and lightsaber as a gesture of my respect and appreciation of your being. I never served the dark side, I only served you. You who freed us from the failings of the Republic.

-Impressive, most impressive. You have indeed proven to be a worthy piece of the Sith Order. A piece that may yet have the potential to gain more power.

-I thank you Sith. These items will serve as a reminder of how much a person can fall despite their potential or achievements. Such was Darth Revan.

-Interesting. These items alone represent the wisdom and influence that I, as my former persona, once bestowed upon the galaxy. These will be of great help to me in my quest.

You have no more uses for me now my Lord. One such as you can gain no more aid from one such as me. My purpose in life has now being achieved. Please, I beg of you, raise your blade and grant me a warriors death.

- You truly wish this to be your fate? One as devoted as you has many uses beyond the heeding the call of death.

- Very well. Know that your sacrifice will have it’s uses. You strength adds to the strength of my Sith Empire, and thus, your death gains meaning.

- No, I do not believe in killing unarmed combatants. And that is not due to the teachings of the Jedi, but due to my lingering respect for the truly talented. Rise, Sith.

- No, despite my recent traumas, my respect for the truly talented still lingers. I will not allow one of so many uses to be killed so meaninglessly.

Just a sample. The dialogue of the mod is the part I'm most proud of. :p

WELL I THINK ITS AWESOME. THE DIAOLOUGE IS EXTREMELY WELL WRITTEN AND THIS IS GONNA ONE OF THOSE MODS THAT PPL R ALWAYS ASKIN FOR ON MODDING REQUESTS GRANTED IF THE LINK IS SOMHOW LOST BUT I COULD TELL ITS GONA ROCK

Wooohhh!!! Steady on with the caps lock, I think I've gone death now, lol.

Or maybe his keyboard is just broken, lol.

So I've finally finished the ending, which means essentially the mod is now playable from start to finish without no disruption to the gameplay. Off the top of my head, the stuff that now needs to be done before the mod can be released is...

- Fix some minor bugs in a few of the modules

- Create final versions of custom skins (Characters, New Items)

- Refine dialogue in some places (Spelling, other minor issues)

- Create Dialogue for recruitable character (Yes, a new character is in the mod and since the mod takes place after the leviathan, it can use the bastila slot without removing any other party members.)

- Release!

Here are a few more teaser screenshots. ;)

One

Two

Three

Another chunk of dialogue from one of the sections of the quest. Enjoy.

Lord Revan! I bring news! An update on the progress of the battle from the ships on the front line!

- How goes the battle?

- Speak.

Our fleet has destroyed a significant amount of the Republics forces, including the Republic capital ship Forerunner. But we have suffered our own set of losses. My Lord the Asgard has been lost.

- The loss of the Asgard is a regrettable but necessary sacrifice.

- The Republic will pay. We will avenge the fallen without hesitation nor mercy.

Something troubles me. The Republic forces appear unusually organised and more coordinated that what standard Republic battle tactics allow for. I sense other forces are at work that are influencing the tide of the battle.

- On this day the Republic seeks not to claim victory through strength of arms. Battle meditation is a useful tool, when used in a combat situation. Their aim was to mislead us into thinking this battle would be over with ease, as I suspected, this build up was a feint.

- I suspect the Republic is using a technique called Battle Meditation to prolong their chances of survival in the battle. No doubt they seek to inflict as much damage on this fleet as possible before they are all destroyed.

But my Lord, surely the Republic does not think they can actually win this battle? We outnumber them at a ratio of 3:1, It is strategically impossible.

- The Republic has a hidden objective behind this attack. Pressure needs to be applied to our enemy to encourage them to reveal this objective. What capital ships await command here on the outer reaches of the battle?

- We will continue our assault. Today, is the single glorious day that we deal a death blow to the Republics war effort. What capital ships await command on the fringes of the battle?

Currently three ships. The Asgard, under command of Admiral Turginson. The Leviathan, under command of Admiral Karath and your apprentice Malak and finally the Valhalla, under the command of Admiral Sera.

- Send word to the Asgard and the Valhalla to engage the Republic forces. Inform them to hit the enemy hard, but to not yet deal the death blow. We shall suffocate our enemy of viable options until they have no other alternative but to proceed with their true objective, if such an objective exists.

- Send word to the Asgard and the Valhalla to engage the Republic forces. Make it clear that I want them to eliminate the Republic presence in this area, whatever the cost.

Very well my Lord, I shall transmit your orders.

- I sense a discomfort within you, do you have doubts concerning my orders?

- Good. You are dismissed.

Forgive me Lord Revan. But I don't understand the logic behind such an order. Why make ourselves open to assault when should the Republic break through, we would be the most logical choice for a target?

- You speak the truth. But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare. If we make ourselves more vulnerable to attack, then the Republic may be tempted to reveal their true agenda.

- To create bait that the enemy cannot ignore is a move that can be used to goad the Republic into creating gaps in there defensive structure. Such a risk will guarantee us a quick and decisive victory in this battle.

I now see your intentions. It is wise of you to make such a move. Forgive me for questioning you, I will refrain myself for doing so in future.

- I have no fears about my crew questioning my orders, for my position and ego are not at stake here. I cannot afford to have men and women whose minds are so limited they cannot question and adapt to unexpected situations.

- In future you would be wise to keep such concerns to yourself.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a Stargate fan?

I'm a little confused, at the beginning it says that the Asgard was lost in combat, but later it regards the Asgard as being on the edge of combat awaiting orders? Is this a typo maybe?

Our fleet has destroyed a significant amount of the Republics forces, including the Republic capital ship Forerunner. But we have suffered our own set of losses. My Lord the Asgard has been lost.

I personally think that maybe using the word portion instead of amount there might sound better, but thats just me. Other than that I love you it!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a Stargate fan?

I'm a little confused, at the beginning it says that the Asgard was lost in combat, but later it regards the Asgard as being on the edge of combat awaiting orders? Is this a typo maybe?

I personally think that maybe using the word portion instead of amount there might sound better, but that's just me. Other than that I love you it!

Typo, thanks for pointing that out. Most of the dialogue has gone through various rewrites, so in some places I might have accidentally left in a references that was relevant before or something.

And no actually, I'm not a Stargate fan, only ever seen the movie. :p

I assume that all those lines are voiced?

- Ghost Down

There's no instances where a line doesn't have a voice, whether that voice be an alien one or a human one.

I'll also replace the additional reference to the 'Asgard'. From what I researched on Wikipedia, lots of names used in Star Wars and actually lots of other games are taken directly from norse mythology. It's like a databank of cool names. :p

Bla

I'll also replace the additional reference to the 'Asgard'. From what I researched on Wikipedia, lots of names used in Star Wars and actually lots of other games are taken directly from norse mythology. It's like a databank of cool names. :p

Bla

Everybody know that is called Asgård :p

Any way can't wait until this is finished.

I'm New so "Hi" ^^ THis looks awesome and i cant wait for it's release, you rock silver.

{Snip} Off Topic question removed. Sorry lupus but we need to stay on topic here in the modding forums. If you have a mod request we have a Mod Request Forum, or for the Black Lightsaber Mod (Of which there is one or two) we have a Mod Link Request Thread, you can try posting about that mod there. Don't worry you will get the hang of it. ;) Thanks. -RH

Archived