Home

under whelmed by the latest trailer. Generic white guy. Big surprise there.

Clearly the over the top force powers display was meant to hype casual Star Wars fans so they would go COOOOOL! However people who are more familiar with the films are likely to be more appreciative of the ridiculousness of the demonstration. I’m not sure if this or the fact that every single principle Jedi character ever has been white. Would it be so hard for white developers and fans to accept a non white Jedi main character or is that too much to ask?

*sighs* Aniki, I know where you're coming from but man, get over yourself. Yeah, most of the time you see white guy after white guy in a videogame... but then if he is a "black" guy he's always African American, as if there's no other kind of darked skinned person in existence.

See, now I have dark skin and am not African American, but I don't care what descent or sex or species the character is. If the character is set for a specific theme then it makes no difference to me what he/she looks like. If it is an avatar of myself (say like in The Sims... even though I don't play The Sims lol) then yes, I prefer him to have the option of dark skin...

So you're telling me that anyone who knew how to use telekenisis could do that [flinging a several billion-ton object] if they thought they can?

There's other ways to make a ship crash too. Maybe The Apprentice just telekinetically flipped a switch on an internal detonator he'd planted... or force choked the pilots... or yanked on the steering wheel (or whatever its equivalent is).

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it is OK that the apprentice can take down a star destroyer. Perhaps he specializes in Telekinesis? even his saber strikes seem to be backed by force blows. I find it more difficult to see a star destroyer hovering over a city. All canonical references say this cannot be.

Actually ISD/SD are really bad at flying so close to the planet surface, with really bad mobility. So it is actually not hard for teh dude to pull on the nosecone a bit(or direction adjustment thrusters etc)

A slight change maybe enough, once the whole thing starts to dive it would be hard to recover, if even possable.

In the trailer, you can actually hear the mechanical roar of stuff breaking down. After that, gravity sucks. And to a billion ton Star Destroyer, it sucks VERY much.

In several of the books, a force-power is named for the ability the Aprentice uses. In several instances, the Jedi meditates with the machine close to him. After a set amount of time he masters the thing without touching it. Obi-Wan tried this in the book 'Rogue Planet' and I'm sure a 9-year old Anakin Skywalker isn't a very good racer in episode 1, concidering he crashed the pod in his previous race. He must have used the meditation technique as well.

So, in short: The Aprentice guy meditates, sees a trivial mechanical part. Rips it to stardust from a distance. After that he leaves gravity to do the job. :)

Okay, now about the racism thingy:

Dark Side :xp:

It's funny to see you all reply to the original post as "What, you want a black guy?". My first thought was that he meant an alien species. It's probably cause I live in Europe :)

Besides, it would be fun to get an alien main character. (You could only do that in Jedi Academy... well sort of. But let's admit it... Jaden sucked)

What's with people and Chiss these days? Am I the only one who thinks that blue skin doesn't look that cool? [/offtopic]

Anyway, about the Star Destroyer thing, he probably Force pulled the front of it downward. If its engines are making it go forward, that's essentially redirecting the ship's course, therefore driving it straight into the ground. I don't think you'd have to be a Sith god to do that.

It's very possible to bring the Star Destroyer down. And Jamps how do you know how powerful/not powerful the Apprentice is?

The apprentice only manipulates it, choking the pilot etc, to make it fall. He's not bringing it with pure force.

Archived