Home

Rebuilding America: The Democratic Strategy

SilentScope001

Awesome!!! It reminds me of an opinion piece I read in the paper a few months ago. The writer said that the Republicans regained the Congress during the 90s as a result of their "Contract with America" that outlined their plans in detail. By contrast, the Democrats won the Congress back with their "Blank Check from America." ;)

Blank pages beats blank minds.

By contrast, the Democrats won the Congress back with their "Blank Check from America." ;)

I don’t believe the Democrats won anything.

It was more like the Republicans lost Congress due to their “Blank Check for Bush.” ;)

So basically, it's a book of blank pages? An old Donald Duck comic featured one once - it was a brick of a book called 'blank pages to clean the mind'.

Forget your political views here, you gotta thank these people for injecting some humor and philisophical discussion into this lively debate.
So this is in Kavar's Corner because?

Based on the fact that there are supposedly so many blank pages in the book, it sounds like the Democrats either have no plan, or know if the American people knew their plan they'd never vote for them.
They must have forgot that Bush has all the answers.

Assuming that the pages are in fact blank (I haven't seen this book myself obviously), how much do they actually expect people to pay for it? I took the blank pages comment to be little more than sarcasm, but publishing can be pretty weird sometimes.

Assuming that the pages are in fact blank (I haven't seen this book myself obviously), how much do they actually expect people to pay for it? I took the blank pages comment to be little more than sarcasm, but publishing can be pretty weird sometimes.

$35. Must be for the one-sentence dedication at the begining of the book. I'd assume people would want to give it as a gag gift you can give to Republicans. (And the blank pages comments are real, there are no words other than that dediciation)

Then again, they did this via self-publishing. I don't think a major company would take such a risk (then again, according to one book, I think a major author did do such a risk, coming up with a lofty title and having no words inside of it. Got sold out in a bookstore.)

It's my opinion that the reason there are so many blank pages is because the dems know that if they reveal their plan, not very many people would vote for them, because it would probably mean large tax increases on not just the rich but the working class as well.

It's my opinion that the reason there are so many blank pages is because the dems know that if they reveal their plan, not very many people would vote for them, because it would probably mean large tax increases on not just the rich but the working class as well.

You do understand the book is a joke? Right?

If it was Rebuilding America: The Republican Strategy it would be how to invade some other third world country for power and profits (we are still waiting on the profits to kick in.) ;)

If it was Rebuilding America: The Republican Strategy it would be how to invade some other third world country for power and profits (we are still waiting on the profits to kick in.)

Or, more accurately, it would be "Bush is awesome", repeated billions of times.

Actually, that would work for "Rebuilding America: The Compassinate Conversastisim Stratgey", as that is a term Bush would use. The Republican guidebook might just be "Not Democrats" repeated billions of times.

You do understand the book is a joke? Right?

If it was Rebuilding America: The Republican Strategy it would be how to invade some other third world country for power and profits (we are still waiting on the profits to kick in.) ;)

We didn't go into Afghanistan for money, nor did we go into Iraq for money. Also if you haven't figured out that the Republican plans involve vetoing bills with earmarks in them (which would cut a lot of wasteful spending), making the tax cuts permanent, and beefing up border security you really haven't been paying much attention.

Again joke, but in case you haven't been paying attention the largest deficit in this nations history was occurred under a “so called” conservation congress and President. The only real difference between the Republicans and Democrats is one is spend and borrow and the other is tax and spend. The key word is they both “Spend.” As to border security the Republicans had almost 5 years to improve it since 911 and have done very little. Actually George Bush favors the Democrats plan over the Republican plan. I happen to favor the Republican plan if it wasn’t merely lip service.

I'd prefer any plan over the current non-existent plan.

I whole heartedly agree. First shut down a possible route into this country for terrorist then debate about what to do with the illegal aliens here. I’m starting to believe when someone is elected to office it is mandatory for them to have a lobotomy.

Archived