Home

The Ultimate Metal Music Video Thread

MdKnightR

Keine Lust by Rammstein

This is probably my favourite Rammstein song in general, and the video is full of awesomeness as well. Though, I don't suggest you try and find the English lyrics of it, though. :p Though, the song still kicks ass.

Feuer Frei by Rammstein

It would be awesome to see this live. The song is amazing and the music video is pretty stunning with pyrotechnics on the stage. This song was also played at the beginning of XXX ( you know, the one with Vin Diesel, not the R rated one ;) ).

Mein Teil by Rammstein (very creepy)

I like the song, and didn't understand much of the lyrics. I looked them up, then saw this video. My perception of the world changed.

Rosenrot by Rammstein

One of my top 5 Rammstein songs (the others being Reise Reise, Wo bist du, Feuer Frei and Benzin) and a good video, too. Like all Rammstein material, this one is rather... depressing, too.

Ahti by Ensiferum

A good song and a nice video, though its not my favourite.

Nemo by Nightwish

"Oh how I wish, for soothing rain. Oh, how I wish to breathe again."

Trollhammaren by Finntroll

Funny, but addictive. :D

One of their calmer songs, I think the video visually fits the mood of that song well.

Nightwish sound great both when they are blaring loud or when they are calm. Sleeping Sun is a good song, though I like "White Night Fantasy" best in the 'calm' category. :D

A close second would be "Swanheart". Beautiful song.

Gorgoroth - Carving A Giant , What's more grim than a black metal band playing in a dark cave with dead/bleeding people and burning crucifixes?

Immortal - Blashyrk (Mighty Ravendark) , A black metal band playing on some mountains, maybe?

More good videos will be posted later.

Mein Teil by Rammstein (very creepy)

I like the song, and didn't understand much of the lyrics. I looked them up, then saw this video. My perception of the world changed.

If you look more into the backround of the song, you'll see what the song is based around. It's a rather disturbing matter, but the song isn't too bad.

Most of Rammstein's music videos are unorthadox compared to other music videos and most of them are rather creepy. Like the Mann gegan Mann video, go see it for yourself.

Probably the best track and my favourite from the album, "Awake".

Straight Out of Line by Godsmack

This one is my at the top for me. The video isn't too much, but it's my favourite song played by Godsmack.

MORE RAMMSTEIN! YAYA!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NfDX-1CTdbw

Weisses Fleish by Rammstein - Great live vid from Live Aus Berlin containing THE best dancing ever. Also has a funny guy briefly doing headbanging weirdly in the crowd.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mfHlA3fmJG0

Sonne by Rammstein - One of my favourite songs and a weird video.

I'll post more once Youtube starts working for me. Gosh I hate youtube.

well, i think we need to give props to the guys that are responsible for how any song turns out in the metal genre: the guitarists. so, here's a couple of my favorites from the top guitarists out there.

War by Joe Satriani

Bad Horsie by Steve Vai

For the Love of God by Steve Vai

You forgot a few of the greats! Here's some more to add to the list of the worlds greatest metal guitarists.....

Come Again - Ted Nugent w/ Damn Yankees

Live Without a Net guitar solo - Eddie Van Halen

Yngwie Malmsteen

The worst thing the US ever inflicted on Japan? Bret Michaels' hairstyle.

Nightmare - The World (Death Note OP)

Hair metal is alive and well in the land of the rising sun...much to everyone's chagrin.

Anthrax's cover of Joe Jackson's Got The Time ...not sure if this proves that Anthrax ****ing rocked or that Joe Jackson is a brilliant songwriter, but it's probably a little from column A and a little from column b. I miss Joey Belladonna =(

The worst thing the US ever inflicted on Japan? Bret Michaels' hairstyle.

Nightmare - The World (Death Note OP)

Hair metal is alive and well in the land of the rising sun...much to everyone's chagrin.

Chagrin, huh? Looks like a reason to move to Japan if you ask me! I like that song. I could do without the Japanese vocals, but that lead guitarist.....WOW!!! He's good. Do you know what kind of guitar that is he's playing? Looks like a cross between a Bich and one of Prince's guitars.

If you look more into the backround of the song, you'll see what the song is based around. It's a rather disturbing matter, but the song isn't too bad.

I know. ;)

Actually, I was looking about the information of the song and I read about the whole incident (which is very, very sickening stuff). And it said that the video is themed after it. So I went over to Youtube and voila and then I shuddered all the time.

Lindemann in the first stanza creeped the hell outta me.

Chagrin, huh? Looks like a reason to move to Japan if you ask me! I like that song. I could do without the Japanese vocals, but that lead guitarist.....WOW!!! He's good. Do you know what kind of guitar that is he's playing? Looks like a cross between a Bich and one of Prince's guitars.

Both guitar comparisons are pretty on-point, but I can't answer the question, unfortunately. I'm not having much luck finding info on their [/his] setup and the vid is too darkly lit for me to identify it from the already-unidentifiably-shaped headstock (looks almost like the reversed Fender-type headstocks of the old Gibson Thunderbird basses from a lot of angles)

In other news, check out a promotional vid for Sugar's Tilted

Though Sugar is not a de facto metal band, ex-Husker Du frontman Bob Mould seriously puts most metal guitarists to shame. As The Replacements' Slim Dunlap once said, Bob basically plays rhythm guitar on the lower strings and lead on the top at the same time and can write everything from rage to powerpop to pretty...AND techno (for about 4 years, he was spinning once a week at a gay club in Washington DC...not sure if he still does). Not to mention that Malcolm Travis (drums) is like a human ****ing metronome. I still feel blessed that I got to see these guys live.

An here's one for MdKnightR

Ratt - Body Talk

- Ghost Down

Thanks for that! I've never seen that one. Of course, I didn't have MTV when I was growing up. My best friend would record Headbangers Ball on a rare occasion and let me borrow the videotape. I feel like I really missed a lot. I suppose that's why I started this thread. ;)

One good RATT deserves another......

Round and Round - RATT

and another...... ;)

Dance - RATT

R.I.P. Robbin Crosby

Archived