Home

Help! Freyyr victory skipped, Zaalbar stuck (was: Major bug in KotOR)

muki100

So I am playing the original KotOR again, and apart from numerous other bugs in sidequests this time I have somehow summoned a fatal one.

I am playing LS on Kashyyyk, so I helped Freyyr. The thing is, that when I was taken into the Chieftain's room, I accidentally clicked Freyyr DURING combat, but I couldn't even read what he said, because I have immediately clicked again. I can only guess, that it was his victory speech. After I kill Chuundar and everyone else in the room, Zaalbar tells me to speak with his father to decide what now, but Freyyr says "welcome back". I did not get my reward and Zaalbar is stuck there.

Now I am not sure if it still possible to finish the game, well why not...just without Zaalbar. But I don't want to do that, the only save I have before this one is 4 hours earlier, which was a mistake because on Korriban I chose to fight both sith masters which is DS, then later I realised they are uber-strong together and if I spare Yuthura I even get LS points...so that save is pretty useless.

I have tried messing with the savegame editor, but so far no success.

If anyone knows a cure, or knows exactly how to change Freyyr back to his pre-victory state via the savegame editor then please help :(

I am using 1.3 by the way.

edit: I just realised I probably opened this into the wrong section -.-

It seems the dialog got aborted too quickly but the local boolean was latched up preventing the normal ending scripts from ever firing. KSE cannot change local booleans unfortunately.

Here is an ugly hack workaround.

1. Detach and unzip the kas23_freyyr_01.dlg file I've attached here into your override.

2. Start your game and go talk to Freyyr. He should go through the dialog that you missed the first time. As soon as you're done and you receive Bacca's sword and Zaalbar rejoins you, save your game and exit.

3. Remove the kas23_freyyr_01.dlg from your override.

Things should be back to normal at that point. I hope you begin to save your games more often after this! ;)

freyyr_dialog_hack.zip

• 8 years later...

Archived