Home

If you want a Psychonauts 2 then READ HERE.

Dear Tim Schafer, The Info Cow, and the collective Double Fine.

As you may or may not know, recently, Razputin's Domain has died like a kitten taking an all-too-unfortunate catnap on a train track. This is bad, and we blame you in entirety. As you may or may not know, Metal Gear Solid was an awesome game - so Metal Gear Solid 2 just made sense, and no matter how blatantly irritating Raiden was, fans still loved it. Why? Because of their commitment to the series. And you have enough fans with enough commitment to Psychonauts that no matter what you released, they would love you. Love you forever, send hastily-written love mail with their hands quaking from sheer joy.

This is why, in the interest of the people, I have sent exactly 30 genetically modified cows ready to leave quite possibly THE nastiest excrement as soon as a human comes in any form of contact with them. It smells like burnt hair, if that's of any hint to it's awfulness magnitude.

Thus, you should find these cows and disarm them - or perhaps be better off not finding them at all, with an explicitly signed note from Tim Schafer stating there WILL be a Psychonauts 2. Or something, I don't know. The fact is, it'd just be better for the world, and the people of RD, and Double Fine, for there to be a Psychonauts 2. Also I've been feeling really down lately and Psychonauts 2 would make me run down the street naked, screaming that there was a god, with "TIM SCHAFER IS THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS" painted on my chest. Yes. I'd do that. And film it, and put it on YouTube.

Also, unless I get some word on the next game you're making, I will never tell you how to disarm the cows' flatulence and defecation.

It's my belief that Friday is "weed through the mail day" and with a title like ATTN: IMPORTANT, THIS IS NOW A HOSTAGE SITUATION INVOLVING COWS, I think he'd notice.

If you want to help my attempt to win Tim's heart, and a sequel that can only end in awesome, WRITE TO INFO@DOUBLEFINE.COM AND ASK FOR IT DAMNIT! And do it like I did, because Tim Schafer does it like that.

Tim can't say anything about it. PR rule #1, let 'em guess. Builds suspense and all that jazz.

If Double Fine exists, Psychonauts 2 will exist.

If they play it, they shall come. LFRD shall live as long as DF does.

If Double Fine exists, Psychonauts 2 will exist.

I have to disagree, while I do know that Schafer would probably not leek any info on a Psychonauts 2, his reasons for why he would not want to do a Psychonauts 2 seems pretty vaild (personal, wants to move onto new things). Besides the Monkey Island series , it seems that he likes to focus his and his teams energies on creating new worlds instead of remaking the old. While it's sad that Psychonauts may never be explored again, it's nice that new games and worlds will be. Who knows? Maybe the next game will incite as much fanning from us as Psychonauts did.

And then lo and behold a new forum shall be bestowed upon us.

I never undestood the need for secrecy in thiese situations. F' that. Let people know whats going on damnit. If anything i would think it'd create more buzz. Knowing about things ahead of time makes you anticipate them. Wondering if things are alive anymore kinda seems to make me forget.

Like that pet bird in the cage that i covered up with a towel. He hasn't made much noise in a while, so i sort of just assume his ass is dead. Or maybe hes a zombie?

• 4 weeks later...

I guess even a animation movie instead of a game may suit the theme in Psychonauts in a presequel may suit very good.

Maybe he is create a another game, which do act in the same world and style, like Shadow of the Colossus and Ico did. 2 very difficent games, set in same world, but there is actuelly have some connections in Shadow of the Colossus to ICO.....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
There might be a psyconauts 2, it didn't sell very well but since being added on Steam sales have increased drastically.

You know it might have a sequel, beyond good and evil has a sequel in production and number 1 of that sold really bad.

I sure hope you're right. As it is, Brutal Legend, Tim Schafer's next project, and the sequel to Beyond Good and Evil look like the last gasps of great gaming.

Archived