Home

A 'Wii' Accident

One of my Scottish co-workers came into work today with a walking cast on her leg. When I asked her what had happened, she told me that she had had a 'wee' accident.

I said, "Well, yeah, I can see that. But what happened?"

She said, "I broke my foot on the computer."

"So, what, did you kick it or something?" I asked.

She said, "No. I broke my foot while playing a boxing game on the Wii."

Apparently she was doing a sort of 'lunging' move, and accidentally twisted her foot in an odd way, causing a hairline fracture in one of her metatarsal bones. She'll have to wear the cast for about 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had any 'wee' mishaps while playing a Wii?

One of my Scottish co-workers came into work today with a walking cast on her leg. When I asked her what had happened, she told me that she had had a 'wee' accident.

I said, "Well, yeah, I can see that. But what happened?"

She said, "I broke my foot on the computer."

"So, what, did you kick it or something?" I asked.

She said, "No. I broke my foot while playing a boxing game on the Wii."

Apparently she was doing a sort of 'lunging' move, and accidentally twisted her foot in an odd way, causing a hairline fracture in one of her metatarsal bones. She'll have to wear the cast for about 3 weeks.

Wow, that sucks.

There was a kid at our school who dis-located his arm on one of the baseball games. He was swinging too hard.

Then there was that "Hold your wee for a Wii" contest a few months back.

A friend of mine was playing one of those sports games on Wii a bit too enthusiastically. The safety strap on the controller snapped and the controller flew right into his new flatscreen TV, cracking the glass. He wasn't too happy about that. :)

A friend of mine was playing one of those sports games on Wii a bit too enthusiastically. The safety strap on the controller snapped and the controller flew right into his new flatscreen TV, cracking the glass. He wasn't too happy about that. :)
Oooh, ouch! That probably pained him more than my broken-footed co-worker! Hmm... wonder if 'Wii-related' damages are covered under home contents insurance.... :)

i dont think people understand that you don't need to use the controller soo much, you pretty much just need to flick your wrist. when my friend plays tennis, hes like jumping across the room, getting into the game.

I can tell you've never played on a Wii, because if you did you'd know it isn't overrated.

@Jasra: Can you tell your co-worker I said 'owned'? :p

:lol: You know I will, Hal. :)
When my friend plays tennis, hes like jumping across the room, getting into the game.
Yeah, that's pretty much what my co-worker was doing, too, from what I could gather.

Guess the Wii ends the complaints from the people who say video games cause people to be couch potatoes though. ;)

But, in response to someone saying that the PS3 is overpriced, I know that the 60GB just went down to $500 :) Still pricey, but definitely better.

To clarify, Sony is phasing out the 60GB version for the 80GB version. Once there are no more 60GB versions, everyone will have to buy a 80GB version. It's a clearance sale designed to try to move more units of PS3s out of those store shelves since they're having trouble doing it in the first place.

yes i was arguing to my friends that wiis break plasma screens and kill little brothers. but then they said thats why u wear the wristband and i said they break. at that point, about 5 people jumped on me saying you'de have to be goin like 1000MPH to break it. anyway i lost the argument even though i no i was right and lol this proves it

To clarify, Sony is phasing out the 60GB version for the 80GB version. Once there are no more 60GB versions, everyone will have to buy a 80GB version. It's a clearance sale designed to try to move more units of PS3s out of those store shelves since they're having trouble doing it in the first place.

>___>

<___<

Why do you make me feel bad?! Regardless of they're reasons, the PS3 is at a lower price currently.

You know, my friend and I where just discussing tonight about building a railgun that could be used as an arcade lightgun.

When we got to the point where we added a motion sensor that would detect you running up to the screen and bashing an opponent with the stock, visions of WiiMoteccidents danced through our minds.

Archived