Home

[Fic] Web of Deceit

[Note: Oh my goddess...]

[Note again: For anyone who was reading Bleach and wanted to find out what happened next, well, I don't think it's a good idea, but it helps you to understand for the main storyline, but I don't think you can punch my chapters appropriately. For example, Chapter 4 is NOT on the book or anime.]

Chapter 4

That afternoon in the classroom, the teacher announced happily, “Well, that’s it for today. Have a good day, folks.”

The students stood up and shouted in unison, “Good bye, have a nice day, madam.” Then they began to pack their stuff. Sousuke walked to Tessa and asked in concern, “Hello, Tessa, I heard from Ben that you had an accident. Are you okay?”

Tessa smiled widely: “Thank you for asking,”

Sousuke nodded in reply, “Then I think I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Before they could say “good-bye”, the teacher’s head appeared from the door, “Ben, do you have a minute?”

Ben raised his head: “Yes, madam. Give me a few minutes, I’ll be right there.” Then he packed up his stuff and walked to the teacher.

“What happened with Ben?” Tessa whispered to Sousuke. But before Sousuke could answer, another classmate answered, “Maybe due to his excessive injuries, and his excessive absences.”

“How do you know, Kira Yamato?” Tessa asked the classmate, puzzled.

“Well, as an ace student,” Kira touched his head and frowned, “I just happen to dislike him. Good evening.” Then he stood up and walked out of the classroom.

Sousuke nodded at Tessa, and walked out of the classroom.

----

After a few moments, a girl in a white robe appeared in front of CSI’s shop. “Hello, anyone there?”

“Welcome to CSI’s Shop, how can we help you?” Reeta Margo, a small girl, raised her head and her big eyes blinked a few times to the girl in the white robe.

“I’d like to see CSI, please.” The girl asked politely.

“Yes, one moment, please.” Reeta walked in the back, and looked for CSI. On her way to the back, she saw Jaron Lorilles, the other assistant, walking from the opposite direction. “Hey Jaron, where is CSI?” Jaron replied, “Well, I’m not sure, might be in his room.”

“Thanks.” Reeta walked to CSI’s room, and knocked a few times.

The door opened. CSI stood there. “Eh, CSI, someone is…”

“I know.” CSI smiled and patted Reeta’s head, “Thank you very much.” Then he walked peacefully to the patio of the shop, and saw the girl. “Ah, isn’t that Lind! It’s been some time.”

“Yes, CSI. It’s been some time.” The girl, Lind, replied.

“Who is that girl?” Jaron asked Reeta.

Reeta shrugged.

“She is CSI’s best friend.” A sound appeared behind them. They shot into sky and noticed that it was Otaki Aoyama, their supervisor.

“Do you want a cup of tea?” CSI smiled and waved his fan, which said, “What brings you here?”

“Don’t pretend like nothing happened. They’re already here.” Lind’s face was serious.

Under the dark shadow of CSI’s hat, CSI’s eyes were calm, “As I asked you before, do you want to talk about this now, or after you have a cup of tea?”

----

Tessa was walking on her way home. Suddenly, she felt strange. She felt like someone was following her. She quickened her pace instinctively, but she felt that the man was catching up. Just when she ran around a corner, she saw a figure in a black robe. “Hello? Who are you?” Tessa asked the figure, frightened.

“I’ve been expecting you,” the figure hissed. With a wave of his hand, a lightsaber hilt appeared in his right hand, and a crimson blade came out. “Time to die, Jedi.”

“What…What are you talking about? I’m not a so-called ‘Jedi’!” Tessa screamed.

The Dark Jedi laughed. But to Tessa, his laughter was just like a claw scratching on glass. She covered her ears and began to run away from the Dark Jedi. She just wanted to run away from him, as far as she can! Suddenly, she tripped over a small rock and fell on the ground. The Dark Jedi smiled and struck his lightsaber down. Tessa closed her eyes.

Suddenly, she felt something flew to her right hand, and she used it to make an attempt to block the deadly attack. Then she heard a small humming, and felt an impact on her head. She opened her eyes narrowly, and found an orange-bladed lightsaber was in her hand, and it blocked the deadly strike of the Dark Jedi.

:: Don’t worry, Tessa. You can kill that Dark Jedi.:: A voice echoed in her head, ::Just use your instinct. ::

“Hello?” Tessa shook her head, attempting to drive that sound out.

That Dark Jedi’s eyes widened, “What the…You said you’re not a Jedi, huh? You’re a liar!”

:: Don’t worry. Use your instincts. :: The voice repeated.

Okay, I’ll follow your guideline. Tessa thought.

:: Good. Now relax. :: The voice echoed.

Tessa let out a deep sigh, and she relaxed herself. To her surprise, the lightsaber seemed to move itself.

:: Don’t worry. It’s the Force. Relax. ::

She parried several attacks by the Dark Jedi, and made some successive strikes on the Dark Jedi’s lightsaber, and slowly, she gained the upper hand. When she made the last strike, she made a stab and the Dark Jedi jumped a few steps back. “How dare you humiliate me like that! You will PAY!” He screamed and charged towards Tessa.

Tessa’s eyes widened. It looked like a suicide attack. Calmly, Tessa listened to the command, and blocked the attack, and began to twirl her lightsaber. Eventually, the Dark Jedi’s lightsaber flew out of his hand and Tessa caught it with her left hand. Then she made a scissor-cut, and the poor Dark Jedi’s body vanished. The red lightsaber vanished with the body.

Tessa dropped her lightsaber in horror. “What have I done? What have I done?” A tear ran out of her eyes.

“Relax. You have done what you should have done.” A voice flew into Tessa’s ear, “Greetings, Tessa. My name is CSI. Please follow me to the shop.” Tessa turned to the speaker, who picked up her lightsaber. “Mmm…the most elegant weapon in the galaxy.” CSI ignited it, and an orange blade came out. “So, you’re one of the Lost Jedi, right?”

“Lost Jedi?” Tessa murmured and looked at the man with a green robe.

“Come, my friend. We have lots to discuss.” CSI offered a hand.

Again, your writing is only event-based and lacks detail of any sort. This can make the story somewhat boring and difficult to imagine. Also, the lack of Star Wars references is getting to me - now I've even started imagining the Dark Jedi as an anime character!

Like before the story seems nice and progressive, though I don't know its connection with Bleach. However, I do know that the story would be far more interesting to read with a bit of colour and detail here and there.

Well, enough of my 'constructive' criticism. :p Keep writing, mate!

Sorry about not reviewing for a while CSI, but with all this about how unimaginative the Fan Fic was, I thought I best stay away for a while. I will post my views soon, but I have some points to make first, which as I say below, don't intend to be rude.

I have something to say to the Mods and I don't intend it to be rude. LF has much better Fan Fics than most on FF.Net. There, some people can only be bothered to post a sentence or something, it's unbelievable. At least the staff don't close member's Fan Fics, just because they aren't a certain length or if the user doesn't have English as their first language.

I don't see any rule about the Fan Fics you must write (other than it being in the Star Wars universe, unless if it is in the ORT).

Also, don't take offence from this, but R9, you haven't been too professional as Moderator. There wasn't any good points you made about the Fan Fic and it was almost close to being a flame. I haven't seen anything like that, since I was on another Forum.

Anyway, here is my review.

I myself have never seen Bleach or any of the other franchises in your Disclaimer, which means I haven't noticed anything similar. The characters are interesting (although a lack of imagination on names), the plot is interesting and the title is good too.

I have to agree with Sabre, that there needs to be more description, which would enlighten the Fan Fic with detail, instead of hordes of dialogue.

As Sabre says, "Keep writing mate!" and from me, "Looking forward to more."

Chapter 5

Tessa stood up, with a puzzled expression on her face. “Who are you? How do you know my name?” She asked CSI curiously.

CSI smiled and opened his fan, which now appeared “I know because I know.” Then he said happily, “Let’s not focus on details. Come to my shop, and I’m happy to answer all your questions.”

Tessa stared at CSI. She had thousands of questions to ask CSI, but CSI put his index finger on his mouth and smiled. :: Not right now, young lady. Not right now. :: Then CSI started walking. Tessa followed him closely. She did not want to fight with that Dark Jedi again.

The sky was still blue, but a strand of dark cloud covered the sun.

“It looks like a rain is coming.” CSI held down his hat and looked into the sky.

“Yes. A storm is brewing.” Tessa burst out.

CSI stared at Tessa as she was a very rare-seen species.

In a dark corner, a Dark Jedi was stalking the duo. She smiled evilly, “CSI…CSI…It seems like fate brought us together.”

----

In the surface of Coruscant, the skyscrapers decorated the horizon. The sunset coated a layer of gold on the skyscrapers. The light squeezed through the window and enlightened the interior of the Council Chamber. Around the circular room, there was a row of seats, facing the center. Two tall figures were standing in the center of the huge room, “Greetings, Masters. Why do you summon us?”

“Greetings, Master Arion Starfire, Master Dante Sparda.” One of the figures sitting in the chair greeted them. “I have just found the one who we seek. And we hereby to assign you a task to capture her, and bring her back here. Her last known location is…Muunilinst.”

“Any questions?” Another figure looked at Arion and Dante.

“No, Masters.” Arion replied coldly. Dante said nothing.

“Good. The Council is adjourned.” Another figure nodded.

Arion and Dante bowed and left out the room. On the way to the Spaceport, Dante asked Arion, “Captain, I don’t think it’s our job to do this…Isn’t it the Second Division’s job?”

Arion said nothing but continued walking towards the waiting ship.

----

“We’re here.” CSI announced when he opened the shop’s door, and he apologized to Tessa: “Well, please pardon the untidiness of my shop.”

Tessa smiled and waved her hand brightly, “That’s fine, really.”

CSI entered the living room and announced, “Now the gang is gathered up, come in, Tessa.”

Tessa’s eyes widened when she saw Kira Yamato and Sousuke Sagara were sitting around a table. “Hey.” Kira said, and Sousuke simply nodded.

“Hey, why are they here?” Tessa pointed at them while looking at CSI confusedly.

“They’re just same as you, one of the Lost Jedi.” CSI replied calmly, “Now folks, question session! I know you have tons of questions.”

Suddenly the meeting room boiled with questions. Kira, Sousuke and Tessa were asking various questions altogether, just like a press conference.

“Whoa, whoa, calm down, people. Let’s do this one by one.” CSI opened his fan, which now appears, “Remember: Law and Order.” “Let’s begin with the lady.” CSI closed his fan and pointed at Tessa.

Tessa pointed at herself, “Who? Me?”

CSI nodded and there was a knock on the door. “Come in.”

A girl in white robes came in. “Oh, hi, Lind! Have a seat, please.” CSI moved himself to make a space for Lind.

“Thanks.” Lind smiled and noticed the three astonished figures. “Oh, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Lind, CSI’s best friend. And I’m also here to answer your questions. So, shoot.”

“You heard her. Let’s begin.” CSI nodded at Tessa, signaling her to begin.

Tessa nodded and touched her chin, “Who am I, actually?”

CSI and Lind looked at each other. CSI nodded and answered, “Tessa, Sousuke and Kira, you guys are actually ‘Lost Jedi’.”

“What is the ‘Lost Jedi’ you keep putting on us? Is that a title?” Tessa said jokingly.

CSI and Lind chuckled, and Lind answered: “No, it’s not a title. ‘Lost Jedi’ is a term that we used to refer a person, who is actually Force-Sensitive, but remains inactive. Like you. And when you were attacked by Dark Jedi, in the most dangerous time, did you feel your instinct calling?”

The trio looked at each other: “What? Were you attacked, too?”

CSI let out a sigh and asked a question, “When you feel you’re holding a lightsaber, how did you strike those Dark Jedi down? You didn’t ever learn how to use it.”

“More like the lightsaber itself was guiding us how to do it,” Kira started, “We just heard a sound in our head. But we don’t know what it is.”

“Correct. That’s called ‘The Force’.” Lind smiled and explained.

“But how come we didn’t know that we had lightsabers?” Kira interjected eagerly.

“Did you receive it from one of your relatives? As a talisman or an amulet?” Lind asked them.

They suddenly cheered up, “Yeah, my grandfather gave it!” “My father…” “My brother…”

CSI cleared his throat and the room was quiet, “Thanks for coming over, I think that’s it for today.” Then he stood up and opened the door to the outside.

Outside, there stood a dark figure. It was the Dark Jedi who stalked CSI a while ago.

“Hello, CSI. We meet again.” She squeezed a smile, but it was more like a cry.

“Let’s do it. Three versus one. Shouldn’t be too hard.” Tessa took out her lightsaber hilt.

“Leave this to me. You take a rest.” CSI aimed his walking cane towards the Dark Jedi. “You didn’t change a bit. And back off. I won’t give you another warning.”

“Oh, CSI…You’re such a gentleman…And I’d like to watch you join us when you become a part of the Force!” The Dark Jedi jeered. CSI shook his head and vanished from where he stood, and reappeared almost instantly in front of the Dark Jedi, with the walking cane’s tip on her forehead. CSI said relaxingly, “I know what you are thinking. Not possible, right? Well, this is not only possible, it’s a fact.”

Tessa, Sousuke and Kira looked at CSI in total astonishment. “How? How?”

Lind smiled. He always likes to show off his impressive speed.

The two stood there. And the atmosphere suddenly became tense.

Also, don't take offence from this, but R9, you haven't been too professional as Moderator. There wasn't any good points you made about the Fan Fic and it was almost close to being a flame. I haven't seen anything like that, since I was on another Forum.

Oh, so the point I made about his characters and plot concepts being completely unoriginal wasn't a good point? What about when I ask him if he can be more creative? That wasn't a good point either? Or how about when I tell him that all the anime he's ripping off is licensed? Not a good point? You're right, I should've just banned him for copyright infringement right then and there. Forget pointing stuff like that out and giving him a chance to correct it. I'll be more professional next time and just ban him.

And my post was nowhere near being a flame. I criticized his writing, not CSI himself. You and he may construe it as being a flame because it's not a glowing 'omg dat wuz awsum CSI plz write more' review but instead a review that actually critically analyzes his writing and points out areas in which he could improve (there are many). I'm not just going to be a yes-man to a fic that needs a lot of improvement.

review but instead a review that actually critically analyzes his writing and points out areas in which he could improve (there are many).

I've pointed out things too. Take the post that you quoted. I said that CSI needed more description than dialogue and that was the only bit of critism that I said.

Also, I'm not some noob that says great stuff about Fan Fics and I try to critisize as much as I feel the need too.

I apologise for saying that it was a flame, but with flamers on FF.Net, I find that if I see a review with no good points whatsoever, I just assume that it is a flame, since sometimes flames include both the story and writer. That was my mistake.

Also, if CSI is ripping off an Anime, he is doing it as non commerical use (as in making money) and for entertainment only, as mentioned in the Disclaimer. He has mentioned the certain franchises that he has used (and perhaps copied things from), but does the Disclaimer not prove that he is copying? If so, every Fan Fic would be taken off the Internet, because they are using franchises in their Fan Fic.

Sure, this Fan Fic needs improvement, but what Fan Fic doesn't? But it does help to say some good points as well. As Jae has said, focus on good points as well as bad.

I won't try to argue my points anymore, since I don't think this Thread should be turned into a massive argument.

Also if I was rude, I apologise and it wasn't my intention.

I've pointed out things too. Take the post that you quoted. I said that CSI needed more description than dialogue and that was the only bit of critism that I said.

Right, so you basically repeated what Sabretooth said. Real constructive criticism there.

Also, I'm not some noob that says great stuff about Fan Fics and I try to critisize as much as I feel the need too.

You obviously don't feel the need to criticize much then, since a majority of your posts in people's fics tend to be "Good job, looking forward to more."

I apologise for saying that it was a flame, but with flamers on FF.Net, I find that if I see a review with no good points whatsoever, I just assume that it is a flame, since sometimes flames include both the story and writer. That was my mistake.

Your mistake is continually bringing up FF.net. I don't know if anyone told you, but this is not FF.net. This is the CEC. I don't give a damn about what goes on at FF.net since it is completely unrelated to the CEC. So quit referencing it because it is utterly irrelevant.

And I do think you need to re-evaluate what you consider a flame. Just because someone posts something that doesn't have any positives does not mean that it is a flame. Personally, I think a post that points out flaws in people's writing is far more constructive than "Good job, please write more."

Also, if CSI is ripping off an Anime, he is doing it as non commerical use (as in making money) and for entertainment only, as mentioned in the Disclaimer. He has mentioned the certain franchises that he has used (and perhaps copied things from), but does the Disclaimer not prove that he is copying? If so, every Fan Fic would be taken off the Internet, because they are using franchises in their Fan Fic.

Right, which is why I told him to expressly state that he was using characters from other franchises in his disclaimer, otherwise it would still be plagiarism, regardless of whether or not it is for non-commerical use.

The copying comment is part of my own personal evaluation of his writing. There is very little originality with taking something from another piece of literature and transposing it nearly verbatim into the Star Wars universe. Sure, change a few names and events here and there, but ultimately, it's still terribly unoriginal.

Sure, this Fan Fic needs improvement, but what Fan Fic doesn't?

Truer words never spoken.

But it does help to say some good points as well. As Jae has said, focus on good points as well as bad.

Well, what do I do if I can't find any? Make some up? :roleyess:

Folks, this discussion critiquing the critiques as accurate, too harsh, too lenient, etc., are dragging the story off topic.

Topsite (and anyone else) if you have issues with someone's moderating style take it to that person via PM, not in a thread. If you're not comfortable doing that, take it to an admin to handle. If you think someone is flaming in their critique, hit the 'report post' button and Jasra or I will handle it--that's our job.

Let's move back on topic now, please. CSI, you know some things now on how to fix the plagiarism issue--don't copy the scripts/dialog, use your own ideas, please. :)

[OOC: Thanks, Mama Jae. Well, I have to admit that I copied Chapter 1-3 from Anime, but Chapter 4-5 is totally off the book/anime. Sigh...I created the chapters myself...Also to Topsite: Thanks for reviewing. @R9: Your kind words are dully noted. I appreciate it.]

Chapter 6

At the busy spaceport of Muunilinst, Dante and Arion disembarked the shuttle. “The clouds are too dense here,” Dante complained and looked at his surroundings. Busy people were walking past them without even looking at them. The dark cloud still hovered above them.

“We’re here, Aurora.” Dante smiled and submerged into the busy crowd with Arion.

----

CSI’s walking cane was still pointing at the Dark Jedi’s head. “Now what do you feel?”

The Dark Jedi sweated: What’s this feeling? I feel like…a knife was pointing at my head…

“You have three seconds to escape before I knock my cane through your cranium,” CSI said warningly.

The cloud above them just became denser. A storm was impending. Suddenly, a streak of lightning cut through dense cloud, followed by a wave of deafening thunders.

The Dark Jedi rolled her eyes and began to calculating the possibilities of escape. Her sight shifted from Tessa, Kira, Lind, and Sousuke. And her eye finally stayed on Tessa. With a sinister smile, she cast “Force Speed” and vanished from CSI.

CSI didn’t move. Tessa’s eyes reflected horror, the white mask of the Dark Jedi, and the crimson blade, which was going to penetrate Tessa’s chest. “Tessa! No!” Kira and Sousuke rushed out and attempted to stop the blade in vain. Tessa closed her beautiful eyes and whispered: “Farewell, my friends…” Then time seemed to stop.

But she didn’t feel lightsaber penetrating her. Am I dead? She wondered. She opened her right eye and peeked in front of her. The scene astonished her:

Everything seemed stopped. A humble walking cane stood in front of her, and it blocked the crimson lightsaber with extreme precision. What?! That’s impossible! Blocking a lightsaber stab? It’s ridiculous!

The Dark Jedi was now nervous. Her face was full of sweat. A drop of sweat landed on the ground beneath her, and that quiet sound dragged.

Tessa looked up to see who had saved her life. It was CSI, standing upside down on his walking cane with his right hand. “Ahhh, a sneak attack, huh? That’s not very lady-like, madam. Looks like I have to make you pay for your sinister action.” Then he made a spinning kick, using his cane as a pivot, and kicked right at the Dark Jedi’s left side of her mask.

“That should do it,” CSI watched the Dark Jedi flew out a few feet from him. Then he approached the Dark Jedi, “Rest in peace, madam.” Then he stood up and looked at Lind. Lind nodded in admiration. Then he looked at Tessa, concerned, “Are you okay, my lady? Are you hurt?”

“Who are you, actually?” Tessa burst out a harsh question.

Sousuke and Kira looked at CSI questioningly. Lind crossed her arms in front of her chest and thought, Darn, I have to make up an excuse. And fast.

“Wow, that’s a good question. Truly remarkable, children’s minds are.” CSI smiled before Lind can answer, and continued, “I’m just a mere honest, handsome, and smart businessman.”

The Dark Jedi gained her last strength and jumped towards CSI, “THIS IS NOT OVER, CSI! YOU ARE GOING TO PAY!” CSI shook his head: “Someone was just persistent.” Then he pointed his left index finger at her forehead: “Give up already. Electric Judgment.” A streak of green lightning bolt penetrated right through her mask and the gathering dark clouds. “Good bye, my friend.” And the Dark Jedi’s body vanished.

“That’s it for now, ladies and gentlemen. And you can go home now.” CSI looked into the darkening sky and felt the wind blowing, “As you said before, Tessa, a storm is coming.” Then he held his hat firmly and walked into the house. Lind stood at the door, and waved them goodbye.

Kira, Sousuke and Tessa bid them good night, and went to their homes.

The wind was still howling, the clouds were still gathering.

----

At night, as usual, Ben went to his room after dinner. What’s happening to the weather? This is a very strange phenomenon, compared to last year. A sound of very perfect Galactic Basic floated from the Holoscreen.

“Now, even the authorities can’t explain the strange phenomenon of the weather. Judging from reports from last year, the weather at this time should be a sunny and windless night…” The voice broke abruptly followed by a quiet “flick”. Ben turned off the Holoscreen and noticed a note on his desk. “Mmm? What’s it?” He leaned forward to reach the note, but when he was going to pick it up, suddenly a thought flashed through his head, and vanished. [/i]What is it?[/i] Ben wondered and narrowed his eyes. Never mind. Maybe I was just being paranoid. When he finally finished the note, he was so astonished that he didn’t realize his hand was relaxed, and the note fell out of the window. Suddenly, a streak of white lightning crossed the sky, followed by deafening thunders. Then it started to rain fiercely. “The sky was crying,” Ben muttered.

The note was flying outside the window. It was slowly being soaked by pouring rain, and it read:

Hello, Ben Flameshadow:

Although I didn’t meet you very much, I really appreciate your help and you’re a nice person. I’m confident that you will be a great Jedi one day. But now, I have to bid you farewell, since I’m a Jedi, and I can’t stay here much.

Take care of yourself,

Aurora

The note slowly landed on the ground and was soaked by water. The ink slowly dissolved, along with that slight sadness…

Ben punched the desk so hard that he felt the desk crack. Damn! Why? Why? Aurora, why do you leave me? I have to find her! Yes, find her! Ben’s face showed his determination. No one, not even the Force itself, would stop him from saving Aurora.

Meanwhile, Aurora was running on the raining street. Not far from her, two dark figures appeared on an electric pole. A white scarf was flowing freely in the wind, and the others smiled, “Aurora, Aurora, we finally found you!”

Aurora turned and saw them in astonishment, “Dante…and…Big brother…”

Star Wars: Web of Deceit OVA

The Arrival

It was a rainy afternoon. Rain poured down from the gray sky. Occasionally there were some streaks of lightning pierced through the clouds, but the wounds healed rapidly, after a few seconds, it looked that lightning never happened.

“I’m feeling nervous,” Aurora Starfire was sitting in her chair. The artificial lighting illuminated her quarter brightly. She looked at the huge window and listened to the distant roaring thunders. The rain seemed to increase her nervousness even more. She sighed deeply and lied down on her bed, closed her eyes, and fell into flashback:

It was a bright morning. When she was working with Jedi younglings with CSI, nother Jedi came in and told her: “The Jedi Council requires your presence.”

Aurora raised her sweaty face at the Jedi and said, “Thank you, I’ll be there.” Then she looked at CSI apologetically.

“No worries, Master Starfire. You can still come back if you want to,” CSI showed her trademark smile at her, “And I’m sure this time they will have something to tell you.”

Aurora bowed to CSI and ran off. CSI watched she ran out of the door, and announced happily, “Now let’s move on, don’t worry, Master Starfire will be back shortly.”

In the Council Room, the Jedi Council Members sat on their respective seats, facing center. Aurora stood there. The sun shone on her face, and she narrowed her eyes.

“Master Aurora, we summoned you to deliver you a news. Your Padawan, Ben Flameshadow, had just finished his mission as a mercenary and would be back tomorrow. We hope you can pick two of your friends or family members to accompany you.”

She felt relieved. “Thank the Force Ben is still alive. I can see him tomorrow.”

“Do you have any questions, Master Starfire?” Another sound broke her happy thinking.

“No, no question at all. Thank you, Masters.” She nodded. Now her eyes gleamed in happiness, but fortunately, the Council members didn’t notice her difference.

“Good. Then the council is adjourned,” The leading Jedi looked at his companions, “You’re now free to go, Master Starfire. May the Force be with you.”

Aurora bowed and walked out of the circular chamber.

“What should I do? I have no idea what to do!” She said dreamily, “Maybe a congratulations dinner will do?”

Ring. Someone was at the door. And that sound dragged her back to the presence.

“Come in,” She got up quickly and said as calmly as she could be, attempting to suppress her nervousness. The door slid open, and two people walked in. “Good afternoon, sister,” The first man greeted her. He was tall, handsome, and noble. He is Arion Starfire, Aurora’s elder brother. He was model of all Jedi—calm, emotionless, and caring. His scarf hang on his brown Jedi Master cloak, which further represented his noble status. The second man took off his white hat, hung his walking cane on his right arm, and bowed politely: “Good mor—wait, let me check the time.” He looked at the chrono on the wall, “correction: good afternoon, Master Starfire.” It was she and Arion’s best friend, Celestin, nicknamed “CSI” because he was the chief crime scene investigator and a crazy inventor. He was in white Jedi Master robes, along with a white walking cane. His face was smiling, in contrast to Arion’s emotionless. He was the exact opposite of Arion Starfire: He always had a shallow smile on his face, and he was good on making jokes.

“What wind brought you two here?” Aurora signaled them to sit, and both men complied. CSI smirked, “It’s impolite to reject a fair lady’s polite request.”

“We were told that your Padawan, Ben Flameshadow, was coming here after his mission.” Arion eyed CSI and started emotionlessly like a statue, “And why do you summoned us?”

CSI laced his hands together and leaned forward in concern. His walking cane was hanging on his arm.

“Well, I’d like you to accompany me to welcome my Padawan, Ben Flameshadow, at the spaceport tomorrow.” Aurora said to the duo but she couldn’t look at them. After a while, she received no reply, so she peeked at CSI and Arion.

They were looking at each other. CSI frowned and shook his head slightly. Arion’s eyes showed that he was in deep thought, too.

“Okay, one thing that we don’t understand,” CSI scratched his chin, “Have a reunion with your Padawan is a good thing, and we don’t see the reason that you’re so nervous about.”

Aurora said nothing but burying her head into pillow.

Arion seemed to notice something. He said calmly, “I see.” Then he smiled shallowly, “I got it. CSI, let’s go.”

CSI looked at Arion, surprised. In his memory, he never saw Arion smiling, not for once. CSI asked Arion: “Arion, what—Where are you going?”

:: Just go. :: Arion whispered back.

CSI nodded and replied back: :: I don’t get it. Fill me in later, okay? ::

Arion nodded and bowed to Aurora: “We shall accompany you tomorrow. So, we will be here at 9 am tomorrow, at your quarter, right?”

Aurora nodded, but she looked at them suspiciously as they were plotting something bad.

CSI stood up and bowed to her: “Good bye, Master Starfire. Have a good dream.” Then he put on his hat, and walked out of her quarter.

Arion turned off the light, “Good night, sister.” And the door slid shut.

Aurora looked at the two empty seats and sighed. “Good night,” She murmured and tried to sleep, but she couldn’t sleep.

----

Meanwhile, at CSI’s quarter, CSI shouted in disbelief, “What do you mean, she has a feeling?”

Arion corrected: “To be more precisely, with her Padawan.”

CSI shook his head, “No, I doubt that so. Ben was away when she just accepted him as a Padawan, remember?”

Arion nodded, “I know, but who knows what happened during that time?”

CSI looked at Arion as if he’s an alien.

“I was kidding.” Arion added.

“Ah, no wonder.” CSI smiled, and suddenly he shouted in astonishment: “What, Arion said he was kidding?” In his memory, Arion was always a no-nonsense, serious person without any emotion at all.

“Never mind, then.” Arion said slightly, “See you tomorrow, CSI.” Then he disappeared at CSI’s door, leaving the astonished CSI in his quarter.

----

The next day, Aurora woke up at 6 am. She felt something was bothering her. She stood up and opened the curtain. It was still pouring outside. “Oh, no.” Aurora groaned lightly, closed curtain, and thus closed her thoughts outside. Then she tucked herself in her bed and fell into sleep once more.

She didn’t know how longer she slept until a noise woke him up. It was a gentle tap on the door.

“Who is there?” Aurora sat up on her bed and asked dreamily. She hadn’t fully awakened from her sleeping yet.

“CSI and Arion are here. We need to pick Ben up at 10 am today, right?” A firm sound appeared at the door.

Now she fully waked up. “Oh, no.” She slapped her forehead and remembered that they would come see her at 9 am. She glanced at the chrono and it showed 9 am.

:: I’m sorry for the waiting, :: Aurora hid into bathroom and whispered, :: I need to take a shower first. Help yourself, gentlemen. ::

The door slid open quietly, and CSI and Arion walked in.

Arion looked at his sister’s room and sighed. Her room was messy. Then he opened the curtain, and golden sunlight filled in the room. The sun coated both men a layer of gold. CSI pinched his cane on the ground and crouched on it: “Everything is just one thing. It’s the balance.”

Arion turned to CSI, and turned back to watch the skyscrapers and busy traffic outside. “Skyscrapers…busy traffics…they’re just passengers. They come and go.”

CSI nodded thoughtfully, “Yeah.”

Arion had to narrow his eyes to the blinding light. I hope today is going to be a good day, He thought.

CSI didn’t let this thought slip away. Let’s hope nothing screws up.

Suddenly, the bathroom’s door opened and steam rushed out of the room. CSI and Arion turned and saw Aurora walked out of the bathroom in her nice, tidy Jedi outfit. Her hair was tied up into a bun. She looked very serenity, but her eyes were narrow because she hasn’t got used to the sudden brightness yet.

“Wow, you’re looking good, Master Starfire.” CSI admired her overall looking.

Arion simply nodded and looked into the blinding sunlight, “See, my sister? The sun is up.”

Aurora looked at the window. She narrowed her eyes, and a trace of nervousness flashed in her eyes. This slight trace didn’t escape Arion and CSI’s keen eyes.

“Let’s go, then.” Arion walked to the door and the door slid open, then he made a “please” gesture. CSI jumped off his cane also exited the room, before exiting the room, he looked at Aurora, soothingly, “Don’t worry, everything will be fine.”

Aurora smiled and exited the room, following CSI and Arion.

----

At the spaceport, the mist was thick. The busy air vessels landed and departed in the spaceport, and the deafening roar was everywhere. “Here we are,” CSI said.

CSI and Arion stood in front of a shuttle, “Now, we can’t walk further. We need to go.” CSI said in a strange tone which Aurora looked at him.

Arion nodded and explained, “We only accepted the mission to *escort* you to the spaceport, not to *accompany* you for the whole time. Now our mission is complete.”

Aurora narrowed her eyes, Brother, since when you became so sly? Aren’t you a serious person?

CSI smiled and nodded to Arion. Then he disappeared from Aurora.

Arion shrugged and turned away from Aurora, and vanished in the morning mist without giving her any time to object.

Not far from the ship, a figure appeared and approached Aurora. “Good morning, Master. It’s nice to see you. You’re just as beautiful as I remembered,” Her Padawan walked up to her and bowed politely.

“Likewise, Ben. It’s nice to have you back.” Aurora squeezed a smile to drive away her nervousness.

Ben smiled naturally, “Thank you. Now what should we do? I’m all yours, Master.”

Aurora said nervously and blinked several times, “Well, I…I chose a good place to…”

Ben looked at Aurora: “Are you okay? You seemed nervous.” The sun cast two long shadows behind them.

“Well, I’m so nervous that I couldn’t sleep well.” Aurora blushed.

“Well?” Ben looked at his master.

“I was nervous about…” Aurora began and laced her fingers together.

“Hmmm?” Ben narrowed his eyes. It’s nice to see her master blushing and lacing her fingers together. Is she going to confess?

She paused for a while to work up her courage, and burst out a sentence: “About your training progress?”

Suddenly, a piece of dark cloud hovered above the spaceport, and several raindrops landed on their shoulders…

Chapter 7

The rain was still pouring down from sky. The trio stood in the rain like statues. They let the rain run down from head to foot, but kept quiet for a moment.

Dante’s hand reached into his robe, and took out a sleek lightsaber hilt. With a small hum and some mechanical clicking, a cyan blade came out from one head of the hilt. The raindrops turned to steam upon touching the blade. “Hello, Aurora, it’s been some time.” His sound was so bitter that Aurora gasped a little. [/i]Is that Dante Sparda? The assistant of my brother, Arion?[/i] “Dante? Dante Sparda? Is that you?” Aurora gasped.

His body vanished and re-appeared behind Aurora, with his lightsaber blade on her neck. “Tell me, where is the boy, who took away all your powers?” Aurora held her breath tightly, and she was unable to distinguish whether the fluid on her head was sweat, or rain.

Aurora chanted to herself: Calm down, you must calm down. Calming down, she answered back, suppressing her nervousness, “What? What are you talking about? I know most of my power was gone, but that doesn’t mean that I have lost all my powers! Not to mention a mere human took away all my power!”

“It’s human.” Dante’s voice was cold, and it echoed in Aurora’s ears, “Or, you won’t have such expressions similar to Non-Jedi.” Dante frowned.

The rain was still pouring. Aurora’s hair was all wet. Rain ran down from her beautiful face along with her cold sweat.

“Am I right, Master Arion Starfire?” Dante’s mouth formed a wicked smile.

Aurora turned around and saw his brother. Because he was using the Force to shield himself out of the rain, the rain formed a mist around him. “Aurora.” His voice was cold, emotionless, and calm. A cold wind blew by, Aurora shivered a little.

Dante retracted his lightsaber and said with a little sad tone, “Aurora, it’s a felony to take a Padawan without permission of Jedi Council. They didn’t dispatch the Security Force, instead they sent us to get you, that’s noble and merciful enough.” He paused and felt the rain, “Tell us, we want to kill the man who caught you, and siphoned all your power away. Don’t protect him. Tell us.”

In the rain, another black figure appeared. “Tsk tsk tsk…Two men interrogating an innocent girl? Since when have the Jedi fallen?” The figure spoke gently, with the sounds of a walking cane hitting the ground. He pressed his hat down hard, not to prevent it to be blown away by the wind, but to conceal his identity.

Arion and Dante’s eyes widened. “No way…No way!” Dante exclaimed.

When the man took off his hat, and his face was completely revealed under the streetlight in the heavy rain. Aurora’s eyes widened, while Dante showed his confusion, “Who are you?”

“I’m Ben Flameshadow, the one who took Aurora’s power.” The man said simply.

“RUN, BEN! RUN!” Aurora’s shout echoed though the sky and vanished into the rain.

Ben didn’t obey. He stared at Dante, and Dante stared back. They simply stared at each other in the pouring rain.

----

Meanwhile, at CSI’s shop.

A loud shriek with loud banging noise came from CSI’s room. “Let me out!” It was CSI’s voice.

No one replied. His shout echoed inside the empty house.

Darn brats, CSI thought, Ben stripped my cloak, took my hat and stole my cane, that brat… CSI struggled in the ropes that were binding him, and tried to recall what happened.

CSI was lying on his bed, reading a book titled The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. He listened to the raining outside while he read the book. Suddenly, his room was rammed open by Ben, who was breathing with effort, “CSI, give me your cloak, your hat, and your cane! Now!” “What?” CSI looked at Ben with wide eyes, “You don’t want to get into trouble, do you?” “I don’t have time for this. I’m sorry.” Ben threw a punch at CSI and CSI flew out a few feet and fainted without even grunting a sound. Then Ben took CSI’s robe and his hat and his cane, “Good bye, I promise that I will return them.” Then he tied CSI to a pole and ran away.

When CSI woke up, he found himself tied to a pole.

“VAMPKIN! HELP ME OUT!” CSI yelled, but the echo was his only reply. His yell dissipated in the rain.

[Hint: Remember the tagline of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy? “Don’t Panic.” CSI seemed to have forgotten all about it.]

----

“So you’re the one who took Aurora’s power,” Dante growled and ignited his cyan lightsaber, “I’ll kill you!”

“If you can.” Ben smirked and twirled his lightsaber. Then the two cyan blade clashed at each other.

This is Ben Flameshadow:

His destiny was set to be a forever lost Jedi. But one day, his destiny made a sharp turn when he met Aurora Starfire fatefully. He could feel the Force was calling on him, not the stirring of the battle, not the hunger of power, not the dominance of mind and body, but the willingness to protect anyone from harm. The cyan blade reflected his determination, calmness, and serenity on his face.

The duel lasted for hours. The duo dueled so fierce that the rain seemed stopped.

The duo’s robes were all soaked.

After parried Ben’s attacks, Dante allowed the rain to pour down on his head and body, jumped several steps back and looked at CSI amazingly, “Well, I can’t imagine a mere human can be such a skillful lightsaber wielder. Who are you, actually?”

Ben pointed his lightsaber at Dante, “I’m a sophomore in Muun Academy, Class 4. Also, I take care of security in the Student council!”

Dante replied arrogantly, “Then, you’re nobody.” Then his expression shifted to frowning, and charged to Ben.

Ben seemed motionless. It looks like every raindrop remained motionless. But Ben also can hear the small hissing sound and cyan blade charging at him. With precise timing, he tilted his head to his right side and dodged the lethal stab. Then he used his bare left hand and punched Dante right at his face.

“You’re careless,” Arion commented to Dante. Then with blinding speed, he pulled out something shiny. Ben’s eyes widened: It was a… Katana. Then Arion disappeared from Ben’s sight. Suddenly, Ben felt searing pain on his both hands. He looked at his wrist in astonishment: his hands…were gone. Then he collapsed on the rainy ground and looked at Arion helplessly.

“Rest, and don’t get into our Jedi business.” Arion put his katana back into his scabbard and turned to the stunned Aurora: “Let’s go. The Council was waiting.”

Then they vanished in the rain, and left Ben reaching out his arm helplessly.

After a while, Ben felt the rain stopped. He looked up and saw CSI, without his trademark hat and cane. He was holding an umbrella. “Have a rest. Don’t worry, you’ll survive.” CSI assured Ben just before Ben passed out.

Just then, the rain stopped. A big full moon popped out of the cloud. “Let’s go home, son.” CSI looked at the moon and closed his umbrella.

The rain washed blood away, and no one would know there was a lightsaber dueling occurred here.

Chapter 8 A Knights’ Quest

The next day, the sun rose and shone her light into a big room through the window. The clouds had already floated away, indicating the storm had passed.

Am I dead? Ben wondered with his eyes closed. [/i]It doesn’t hurt anymore. Perhaps I’m just close to death, so I can’t feel anything? Hmm…This is warm…[/i] Ben opened his eyes and noticed he was lying on a bed. A heater was placed near him. He rolled his eyes and looked at his surroundings. The whole layout was different from his room. The whole room was almost empty.

“Where am I?” Ben woke up and touched his shoulder. “Oh, I’m not dead yet.” Wait. Touched?! Ben studied his wrists: two hands were attached to the ends.

“Hello, Ben Flameshadow. It’s nice that we meet again.” A man walked in, with his walking cane tapping the ground. Ben turned his head towards him and asked surprisedly, “Aren’t you…CSI, the one who came that day?”

“That, is a very good question.” CSI opened his fan, which now said ‘Take a good rest.’ “Well, you came here without your hands, and we took some time to make your prosthetic hands.” CSI closed his fan and pointed it at Ben’s hands.

Ben sat up, held his right hand into a fist and asked CSI, “So, you saved me after all?”

CSI’s emotions were covered by his bucket hat and couldn’t be seen clearly, “Well, that’s a strange comment. It sounds like you don’t want to be saved, after all. Nevertheless, Ben, you need to keep this in mind: You’re the only one who can save Aurora from her execution.”

“What? An execution?” Ben slammed his fists onto the ground and yelled, “Aurora is back to the Jedi Temple! And I’m sitting here and can do nothing about it!”

“Really? Are you sure you don’t have some way to get to the Jedi Temple?” CSI asked. His eye gleamed at Ben.

“There is a way?! Let’s get moved NOW! Look, Mr. Hat-and-Cane, Aurora is getting executed soon!” Ben grabbed CSI’s collar with his new prosthetic hand and yelled at CSI.

CSI got out of his hold and aimed his cane at his head vertically, forcing Ben to lie down. “Ben. Judging from your CURRENT condition, you’re dead for sure if you go there now.” CSI’s eyes showed seriousness, “If you want to die, don’t drag others into your affair. Just give me 5 days. In 5 days, I’ll make you stronger.”

What’s this feeling? Ben thought, It looks like there is a sword above my neck! “Why 5 days?” Ben asked CSI.

There was a gentle tap at the door. “Come in.” CSI turned to the door.

It was Vampkin. She crossed her legs and sat on the floor. “Because the Jedi Temple needs about 30 days’ preparations, ranging from trial, preparations, and execution. So our plan is 5 days training, and 25 days to go to the Jedi Temple and rescue her. Plenty of time.”

Ben’s eyes travelled back and forth from Vampkin to CSI, “Will I get stronger in a mere 5 days?”

CSI said nothing, but his fan said it all: ‘Sometimes, determination is harder than a piece of steel.’ “So, from tomorrow, I’ll make you stronger for 5 days. After that, we have to go to the Coruscanti Jedi Temple.”

Ben looked at CSI. His eyes showed determination.

“Good” was CSI’s last reply.

----

The next day, Ben climbed up from his bed and yawned. “Well, today is going to be an important day. Someone is going to fight me, making me stronger! At last!”

“Good morning, Ben. You look like you’re in a good mood.” The door slid open and CSI stood at the door, “Shall we?”

Ben nodded and left the room. The dust danced below the sun and finally settled on the ground. The door closed behind the duo and the wind made the dust dance in the sky, and slowly fall down again.

They stood in front of a pair of iron doors. The door opened and a turbolift was standing by. “Where are we going?” Ben asked CSI puzzledly.

“To train you, of course.” CSI pressed a few buttons and replied, “You will see.”

Both men stayed silent for a few minutes. The turbolift came to a stop and the door slid open silently, and a vast darkness showed in front of them. Ben looked into the darkness, and he felt as if there was a fierce predator waiting there, preparing to devour them…

Ben yelled at the darkness and listened for the echo. After a few seconds, he heard the resonance echoed through the dark space.

CSI looked at Ben and said deeply, “Be wary of your fear. Fear is useless if you encounter your foe. Throw it away.”

Ben looked back at CSI and nodded. For Aurora, I have to make myself stronger! Then he sighed deeply and took a big step outside the turbolift. Suddenly, a lone cone of light shone on CSI, and with Ben as the center, more lights ignited and brightness radiated from Ben. After a few minutes, the whole room was bright. Ben saw some small hills, a big pond, and an artificial waterfall near the pond.

“Wow.” Ben looked around and exclaimed, “I never thought you had such a huge room here, are we outside of the house?”

CSI crossed his arm, “No, sir. Not outside the house, but below the house. We’re several feet underground. Well, let’s begin out lesson, shall we?”

Ben used the Force and his lightsaber flew to his hands. He grabbed it and a cyan blade came out. “Ready when you are.”

CSI nodded and said, “Let’s just begin, as you might not understand the lengthy and boring explanation.” Then he held his cane by his left hand, and his right hand slowly pulled out the cane’s handle, revealing a long, sleek katana hiding inside it.

“Look familiar?” Ben’s eyes widened when he saw the katana. Arion Starfire’s cold face appeared in Ben’s mind and so did his sword. He remembered the entire duel. Arion cut his hands off. He clasped his hands into fists and his teeth grinded. “Darn this brat…” Ben murmured.

“Looks like you have remembered it all. Let’s start the first lesson: fight with me.” CSI disappeared from the turbolift and appeared in front of Ben. His katana was making a vertical slash at his head.

Ben’s eyes widened and made a left sidestep. CSI’s katana landed on the ground. “Good job. Let’s continue.” CSI smiled and made a stab at Ben’s torso.

“Wahhhhhh!” Ben screamed and ran off. CSI chased him tightly, waving his katana.

:: Ben. Why are you running? He’s just CSI. He can’t harm you. :: A voice echoed in Ben’s head. Suddenly, Ben halted and slowly turned to CSI, studying his katana closely. What a sleek blade! Can he ever injure me?

Suddenly, CSI made a vertical slash and the tip of his katana injured Ben’s chest. Ben stared at his chest, where blood flow freely from his open wound.

“I know what you’re thinking,” CSI said sternly, “You’re thinking that such a sleek blade can’t hurt you. But you’re wrong. It’s not just a normal katana. It’s a…” CSI put his katana back into the scabbard, and unscrewed the handle. Then he aimed the handle at Ben, and suddenly, a silver energy beam came out from the handle, “lightsaber in disguise.”

Chapter 9 The Crusade Begins

On the way home from the Academy, Kira Yamato, Tessa Testarossa, and Sousuke Sagara were on their way home. “So, what do you propose to do during the holiday?” Tessa asked the two boys cheerfully.

Sousuke said nothing but shook his head gently. The wind blew smoothly. The grass waved back and forth, and its sound resonance with the tree like an orchestra was playing a piece of symphony.

Kira nodded and began to speak, “Well, I have no…” Suddenly his speech was interrupted by Sousuke who ignited his emerald lightsaber and made a beautiful 180 degrees turn. No one was there. “Who was there? Show yourself!” Sousuke announced.

“Sousuke, calm down…” Tessa tried to calm Sousuke down.

“Not bad, Sousuke. Not bad at all.” It was Vampkin, who jumped down from the branch of a nearby tree, “I can see you sensed my presence.”

“Thank you, madam.” Sousuke retracted his lightsaber and bowed politely. Tessa and Kira did the same.

Vampkin returned the bow and raised her voice: “Ben is training hard, and he’s getting ready to go to the Coruscanti Jedi Temple to rescue Aurora. If you guys want to prove yourselves worthy, you may accept my humble offer to train you.” Vampkin paused and looked at the setting sun, “But it’s up to you to decide if you want to go or not.”

Then there was an awkward pause. Only the noise of wind occasionally played his masterpiece.

“I want to go.” Sousuke said calmly and looked at Tessa as if he was asking if she wanted to go. Tessa lowered her head and said, “Well, I…”

Sousuke said nothing in reply, but he gave her an assuring nod.

Vampkin added, “Don’t force yourself.”

The trio all nodded in unison.

----

The Coruscanti Jedi Temple was a huge maze of buildings with an iron wall surrounding it. There are 5 ivory towers in the center of the maze, and they were treated as the pride of the whole Jedi Order. Many Jedi were walking in the maze, and busy running errands. In the busy crowds, one tall figure was walking towards the central tower. His white scarf floated in the breeze and surrounding Jedi looked at him with respect at first, and they murmured in private. Arion walked into the central tower, and there were two people inside the prison: His Padawan Dante Sparda, and his own sister, Aurora Starfire.

He began to announce the sad news he acquired in a steady tone without any hint of emotion.

“WHAT?!” Dante shouted in disbelief. He couldn’t believe what he just heard.

Aurora sat in her chair, away from the force field. Lights on the corridor cast a vast shadow on the wall, and the endless darkness seemed to have devoured all her hope, even though Dante and Arion can’t see her emotions.

“After looking into the circumstances, the Jedi Council has decided to sentence Aurora Starfire to death, after 30 days.” Arion continued, and the words hit Aurora’s heart like a sledgehammer. “This comes directly from the Jedi Council. Well, Aurora, this would be our last meeting, and our next meeting would be at your execution.” Then without looking at Aurora for a warm and brotherly wish, he turned and walked out of the building.

“Aurora, you okay?” Dante looked through the humming Force Field and asked caringly, “Aurora, reply me!”

“I’m fine, thanks.” Aurora replied, “How do you explain that your hair color is pretty unusual among the Jedi, Dante?” She joked.

“Hey, my hair color is not strange! Look at Sabr Toothe! His hair is just same color as me, only not so shiny!” Dante yelled, “And compared to this, why don’t you worry about yourself?”

Aurora’s lip formed a wide smile, “Well, I’m more concerned if I can plot a prison-break, Master Sparda.”

Dante narrowed his eyes and frowned, “I’m sorry to hear that bad news, but…I’m sure your big brother did his best.”

Aurora shook her head gently, “No, Dante. My brother, Arion…He won’t do that. During the 18 years living in the Starfire Family, he never looked at me directly.”

Dante didn’t ever bother to cover his sad expression, but he said, “Well, Aurora, I’m sure we’ll meet again. Good bye.”

Then he walked out of the central tower.

----

Arion’s boots gently tapped the marble ground of a long corridor in the Jedi Temple, and it echoed through the long corridor. Suddenly he heard two other Jedi talking behind him: “Look, it’s Arion Starfire. He’s so calm.”

The other sound said, “He’s the model of the Jedi. Look, his sister is going to be executed, and he is still that cold. And that made me wonder, if he’s actually feeling hard and uneasy?”

Arion tilted his head and beamed an aura of coldness to the back. It was Keira Sun and Ruokana Freido, his fellow Jedi Masters. Keira always has a wide smiling on her face, while the scars on Rokana’s face denoted his bloodthirsty nature.

“I doubt this is your business.” Arion’s answer was short, as usual.

“It’s impossible that he is actually cold. Look, how can you noble families tolerate a fugitive like her?” Ruokana eyed Keira’s smiling face and mimicked Arion’s coldness.

“Oh…” Arion’s face kept emotionless, but he was emitting a dangerous aura around it, “I didn’t know you were that smart.”

“Mmm. Thank you. Well,” Ruokana’s lips formed a wicked smile, “Can I deal with her?”

“Oh! I never knew you can kill people with that kind of skill,” Arion answered plainly.

“Do you want to try?” Ruokana narrowed his eyes and reached for his lightsaber hilt.

Arion simply frowned, “Are you sure about it?”

----

Meanwhile, on the quiet surface of Muunilinst, Ben pulled open the curtain. Suddenly, the moonlight filled in the room, and illuminated the hovering dusts in his room. He opened the window and let the night wind touch his face gently. He looked at the bright crescent moon as if the moon would tell him Aurora’s current condition, and if she was suffering in her cell or not.

:: Ben. It’s time. :: A ghostly sound whispered in Ben’s ear.

“What?! Who are you? Show yourself!” Ben turned to his back and found nothing but illuminating dusts which moved erratically due to Ben’s sudden turn.

:: Don’t worry, Ben. You’re fine, it’s just the Force. :: The ghostly sound continued, :: Just focus your mind into it. ::

:: Okay, tell me, the Force, what are you? :: Ben sat down and closed his eyes.

:: Who I am is not important. You need to come to the Muunilinst Spaceport. Now. ::

:: What? At this time? ::

:: Yes. Come forth. Accomplish your mission. Your path lies forward, and it’s up to you to walk it, or not. :: The sound echoed in Ben’s head.

Ben stood up and walked out of the front gate. Good bye, dad and sister. Then his body submerged into the darkness far away.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 10 Target: Jedi Temple District

“Coruscant.” Vampkin disembarked from the shuttle and stood on the firm ground of the landing pad in Coruscanti Spaceport. “It’s still a beautiful planet, as I remember.” Then she looked at the busy traffic flowing through mazes of skyscrapers. The light from the skyscrapers decorated the night sky and brightened the whole planet like daylight. “No wonder people call it ‘City of Light’.”

“Wow!” Tessa walked down the loading ramp and looked around at the lights, which decorated the skyscrapers into shining cylinders, “I have never seen such bright lights before!”

“Yeah, ‘City of Light’.” Ben followed Tessa out and stood on the landing pad. “But I don’t think we have time for just stopping and admiring these magnificent skylines and skyscrapers, we’ve got an innocent life to save.”

Sousuke and Kira also disembarked the shuttle and looked around, “Looks like we’re all here.”

“Good. Then let’s go.” Vampkin eyed Ben, sensing his Force signature was emitting immensely, “As he said, we’ve got a life to save. Let’s go.”

Then the five people started to run towards the gate to Jedi Temple District.

The gate guards noticed the gang and armed his blaster rifles, “Halt! This is restricted area, only Jedi may enter.”

Ben narrowed his eyes and reached for his lightsaber hilt. Suddenly he felt a firm hand pressed on his. Ben raised his head and he saw Sousuke’s calm eyes. The latter shook his head and eyed Vampkin, who approached the guards.

“Halt! I mean it! I will open fire if you move closer!” The captain shouted.

“Don’t get so hasty, gentlemen, Celestin sent me to accompany my friends.” Vampkin said calmly.

These guards looked at each other. The captain looked at Vampkin into her eye without lowering his weapon, “Your identification, please.”

“Vampkin.” Vampkin’s voice didn’t even shake at all.

“What? Vampkin? The Exile?” The Chief yelled at his subordinates, “Open fire!”

The gang frowned and their lightsaber blades came out. Suddenly the peaceful gate became a battlefield. Blasters’ sounds and lightsabers’ humming formed a perfect harmony, just like a huge orchestra playing a masterpiece.

After a while, the gang entered the District, leaving the guards’ bodies lying on the ground. One of the guards struggled to the alarm system and yelled in the loudspeaker:

“Yellow Alert! Yellow Alert! Intruders in Zone 1-6! Repeat, Yellow Alert! Yellow Alert! Intruders in Zone 1-6!” Then he fainted.

----

The alarm sounded so loudly it seemed as if it was going to wake up a sleeping giant.

“News travels fast. That’s a true statement," Jedi Templar Lucifer Moonwarden’s eyes appeared behind his book and looked at Hinata Hyuuga, his Padawan, who was sitting opposite him.

“What happened?” Hinata looked around and panicked, “What should we do?”

“Calm down, Hinata, there is nothing to be afraid of.” Lucifer smiled warmly towards Hinata.

Hinata gasped and looked away from his charming smile, and then she blushed.

----

“Now we’re at the entrance of the Jedi Temple,” Vampkin’s blue eyes gazed on the giant statues of Four Templar, “Look, they are the Jedi Templar who created the Coruscanti Jedi Temple District.”

Ben smiled and started running towards the gate. “I want to be the first one to enter the Jedi Temple!”

Vampkin yelled behind him, “No, come back!”

Ben turned to Vampkin just before someone stood in front of him. Someone tall and big just appeared from nowhere and stood in front of Ben. “It looks like I got something to do at last,” He looked at Ben.

Darn, Vampkin cursed in her heart, We wasted too much energy. And it’s bad luck that we encounter a Gate Master…And the strongest Gate Master, Barret Wallance.

Ben’s eyes widened and looked at the big Gate Master.

Kira began to sweat and asked Vampkin: “Who is he? He’s soo big…Is he even human?”

Vampkin said slowly: “He is Barret Wallance, the Western Gate Master.”

“So we need to defeat him, in order to pass through?” Tessa continued.

“Yes.” Vampkin smiled drily, “But that won’t be an easy job. He’s entitled as ‘The Strongest Gate Master’ in the Jedi Temple.”

Barret took off his lightsaber hilt, but didn’t ignite it. “Stranger, I dislike fighting, please return to where you belong.”

Ben, who was dwarfed by Barret’s huge body, spoke slowly, “Same here. And I’m sorry, I have to pass through the gate, in order to save someone.”

Barret bowed to Ben and pressed a small button on the rod, and with a small humming, two indigo blades came out from both ends of his elegant hilt, “I’m sorry, then. Are you ready?”

Ben nodded, “Ready when you are.” His cyan blade came out from his right hand.

----

At Muunilinst, a hooded hologram appeared inside a dark room, “Darth Nautilus, it’s time.”

In a dark corner adjacent to the hologram, a figure put on his white, ghostly mask, turned his back at the hologram, and stood by the window. The moonlight shone on the lower portion of his face, and his eyes gleamed through dark holes on his mask, “Show time.”

----

In front of the Western Gate, Ben and Barret fought elegantly. Their slashing, stabbing, jumping, and running were in perfect harmony, every parry, dodge, attack and defense portrayed their devotion to their own job.

When Ben parried Barret’s last attack, Barret stood firmly on the ground and admired him, “You fought well, what’s your name?”

“Flameshadow. Ben Flameshadow.” Ben nodded.

“Very well, Ben, I don’t know who taught you lightsaber techniques,” Barret admired sincerely, “But be warned, though, there are lots of people who are stronger than me. With this fight, I can see that you proved yourself a worthy opponent, and I will let you pass through the Western Gate.” Barret Wallance turned to a keypad on a console and punched in some keys.

“Bon Voyage, Masters,” Barret bowed and stood in front of the slowly

opening gate.

Suddenly, his eyes widened when he saw a figure standing behind the gate.

“No, that’s not possible…” He murmured.

Archived