Home

New blaster pistol effect

TheShaman

Which pistol SEEN IN THE FILMS should replace the basejka one?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which pistol SEEN IN THE FILMS should replace the basejka one?

• Ep 1: Panaka's
    • Ep 1: Padmé's
    • Ep 2: Jango's when he has duals
    • Ep 2: Jango's when he has single (not same sound)
    • Ep 4,6: Leia's
    • Ep 4,5,6: Han's
    • Other (post to precise, but MUST be in the films)

As you might already know, I'm currently making new effects for guns, as for E11, bowcaster and clone rifle, it was easy to do since they are unique in the movies, but what about pistol?

I'm doing this poll to know which pistol of the ones in the movies is the most wanted.

Ever played battlefront 2?

Pick a clone wars map, be scout droid, switch to pistol.

All the weapons in BF2 exist somewhere in the movies. You just have to look hard enough. I mean crap all these "Movie Weapons Only" Servers disable the rocket launcher because they think its not in the movie, yet it is.

Excuse me sir, but is battlefront 2 a film? I'm afraid not. Too bad you wasted your vote on that, despite my 3 warnings.

Do not threaten me. I said all weapons found in-game are found in the movies. It exists during the Clone Wars and I do not own the movies myself so I cannot take a snapshot for you.

Again, you wasted your reply before reading my post fully. Do not make the mistake that I am just some bloat popping in the OJP section, I've helped with quite a bit with this project.

Edit: Yes madcat I believe that is the one, I was looking for it on there but could not find it...

Ensiform, I didn't say anything that you just said, I know that you did a lot for OJP, and I wasn't threatening you, I was just surprised that you still propose something not seen in the FILMS. (Clone wars doesn't count, even a fan fic is better, but here's not the point).

It wasn't my intention to offend you, sorry.

It's my fault, I shouldn't have made that "Other" choice.

But anyway it seems that it will be Jango's or Han's...

Ensiform, I didn't say anything that you just said, I know that you did a lot for OJP, and I wasn't threatening you, I was just surprised that you still propose something not seen in the FILMS. (Clone wars doesn't count, even a fan fic is better, but here's not the point).

It wasn't my intention to offend you, sorry.

It's my fault, I shouldn't have made that "Other" choice.

But anyway it seems that it will be Jango's or Han's...

Fair enough. But Han's is already in the game, hence DL-44 :|

Oh, I see, I thought you meant the cartoon, which is just a caricature... (took me more than a month to figure out it wasn't fan made... since it was so crappy...)

Ok then, although I'm not sure the JKA DL-44 is really Han's.... I can't really recognize it lol, good job Raven... But I'll replace the sound with Han's pistol (unless another pistol wins this poll in the next few days).

You voted for the dual ones... it's weird that nobody wants the single one... (this will only affect sound anyway, but though) sometimes I wonder if people have the 2 different sounds in mind... (let's have a laugh: "flew" for duals, "peeaaaaw" for single, yea my imitations own)

In my opinion, which most likely doesn't add up to much amongst you more experienced OJP guys, I think that adding 'exotic' (shall we say) pistols, such as the dual Westars or Captain Panaka's, to replace the default DL-44 may make the Mod seem a little... forgive me for saying this, but 'unprofessional' :p I think that you should keep the default pistol, and perhaps, if possible, add a variety of pistols that you can buy...? Though I appreciate the fact that adding weapons into the game, (as in; weapons with their own 'category') is no easy task.

That's just my opinion. Don't really want to get flamed.

I don't think you will be flamed for giving your opinion here. At least not by me. But maybe I wasn't clear enough : I'm not able to create dual pistols, I can't even make a pistol model, all I'm proposing in this thread is the pistol effect (sound, and shot, basically).

I'll wait a bit more to let everybody vote, and then I'll be proceeding. (Just the sound to replace, since I've already made the shot red, and also more movie like, as I did for other weapons, with a white core)

I don't think you will be flamed for giving your opinion here. At least not by me. But maybe I wasn't clear enough : I'm not able to create dual pistols, I can't even make a pistol model, all I'm proposing in this thread is the pistol effect (sound, and shot, basically).

I'll wait a bit more to let everybody vote, and then I'll be proceeding. (Just the sound to replace, since I've already made the shot red, and also more movie like, as I did for other weapons, with a white core)

OH my bad; I didn't realise it was a replacement for the sounds/effects only :p If that's the case, Han Solo's DL-44 gets my vote. Having the JKABase Pistol using Westar sounds is odd...

I'd be content with one rifle, one machine gun and one pistol as long as I could customise them with a shi'iteload of buyable skills. Buying a scope = more accuracy, buying something like "Enhanced ammunition" would increase the max capacity or damage or whatever.

Good idea, what about making a skill "tree" for all weapon?

Example : you first need to buy pistol (1 skill, 1 level), which unlocks 3 skills (1 level each), such as stabilizator which reduces the gained MP, clip extension which increases ammo in clip (if this gets implemented, or else just give it double or triple ammo), shot focusser which increases damage a bit.

Archived