Home

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [Use spoiler tags]

I will personally IP ban anyone who does not use spoiler tags, and spoils the book for me.

Read it. You should be considerate and still use spoiler tags.

~Phreak

This morning, I recieved the final Harry Potter book, the Deathly Hallows. I've read two chapters so far and it is great. Since there are thirty-six chapters, now that I'm off from school (since yesterday) I plan to read four chapters over nine days.

Feel free to discuss anything about the book or the past books in the series.

I got it when I was coming home from Liverpool last night, we stopped at the road services, they had a load at the till, I haven't started reading it yet, though I probably should of, it takes 4 hours to drive home, I could've read some of it at least, and I'm still half deaf from the bloody screaming girls at that concert. lol

please disregard post. (forgot how to use spoilers)

Use Spoilers like [ SPOILER] ???

(without spaces).

I will personally IP ban anyone who does not use spoiler tags, and spoils the book for me.

~Phreak

No offence, being a Mod or anything, but this Thread is bound to have spoilers, so don't look at the Thread? I was going to put Spoilers in the Thread Title, but that thing puts me off some Threads.

I must be crazy to make this statement but well…I hope Harry dies…I just don’t like Harry Potter nether the books and nether the movies. :D

Unfortunately, he doesn't. By the way, I thought the ending was terrible.

by the way, thanks Topsite.

Harry potter sux

Could never sit down and read it or watch it without collapsing into a heap of boredom. From what i just read above, it seems very overly dramatic and dark for something which was clearly aimed at kids. Kind of like having Batman Begins all dark and awesome with his Tumbler and his combat-proof armour on, then the sequel which comes out next year will have him guiding kids to school and helping an old granny across the road like 'the old days', you either aim at one age group or the other.

As HerbieZ. Though, my own personal observation: I was, ahem, forced by my school to actually read the first 4 Harry Potter books for 6th Grade. It was somewhat interesting, altough not very. It also seems that I might have forgotten to read the parts where Harry is fighting evil, and instead spend far too much time reading the Qidditch matches, the Exams, the whole atomsphere of a School that promotes witchcraft. I like seeing a "normal day in a strange place", it was new, it was exiciting, it was different.

He Who Shall Not Be Named was just a sideshow compared to that. And well, they took away the only redeeming feature of the series. Why should I see an epic good vs. evil struggle? I can get that anywhere else, but I rarely see a simple British school that specializes in magical mishaps and perils.

To add insult to injury, they also threw in a couple of magical McGuffins.

Start: 9:40 AM [on the dot, so for more exact timing]

Finish: 10:00 PM

12 hours and 20 minutes of non-stop reading. But I'm finished.

Random place to start, but why the HELL did Fred have to die? It seemed an utterly stupid and pointless thing for Rowling to do. It did NOT help the plot advance.

Mad-Eye however... saw that one coming for ages. I'm actually glad it happened, to have someone important die, but not someone you really cared about.

Tonks and Lupin, on the other hand... I suppose their deaths came about to further convince Harry of the need to turn himself in to Lord Voldemort.

Hedwig!!! Onoz Hedwig!!! The only death that made my eyes water to be honest. I almost put the book down right then and there after reading about Moody getting hit, Hedwig incinerated, and then Hagrid falling to his doom? Good thing I was perplexed to read on and Hagrid survived.

Dobby! Omg! I always knew Dobby would die saving his hero, Harry Potter. 'Nuff said.

I absolutely LOVED the battle of Hogwarts though; aside from Fred's somewhat pathetic departure, I had always hoped that everything would end in or near the castle.

It was amusing to read on the final conflict in the Great Hall, when Molly jumped into the duel with Bellatrix, and after nearly killing her daughter, gets her ass kicked by Molly. Never would have seen that coming. Haha.

The absolutely final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort was way to brief. Sure the Elder Wand was rightfully Harry's at this point, but I expected, based on the dialogue prior to Voldemort's last spell, that Voldemort was still convicted enough to put up a real fight.

I finished it last night/this morning. Overall I highly enjoyed it and was happy with the ending.

I don't know if I liked the 19 years later part though, that was a little cheesy I think.

I was glad Harry, Ron, or Hermione didn't die. I knew one of the Weasley's would die so I figured it would be Fred or George or Mr. Weasley. It was too bad Dobby had to die, I liked his character. I thought it was a little unclear why Harry didn't die when the killing curse hit him but I think I get what they were aiming for. And I was happy that Dumbledore explained himself and eventually his plan didn't seem so bad because for a while I was beginning to dislike him.

Archived