Home

3 Byte RGB code calculator

3 Byte RGB code calculator

This tool will calculate the code for the colour that you put in the sun fog values in the ARE file and the "tweakcolor" values in the GIT file. There might be a few more places, but thats only where i have needed to use them.

Click on the big title to download ^.

v1.7

Added a "Colour Select" feature that opens up the Windows ColourDialog form.

Any suggestions are welcome.

A few basic colour codes:

White: 16777215

Red: 255

Green: 65280

Blue: 16711680

• 2 months later...

Version 1.3 released, yes there were 2 versions before that but they were not really important updates.. Now the program has an interface! w00t! :p

-v1.3---------------------

Changed the Program completely and added an interface using C# (C-Sharp) for which i have to thank MagnusLL

for suggesting that i change from C++ which is alot more difficult for interfaces.

--------------------------

Cool, glad my suggestion has been useful.

Oh BTW, this is also the value you should use in the SunDiffuse and SunAmbient colors when you create scratch-built areas. So if you want to have the general area light of one particular color, this is the tool to use.

• 8 months later...

Well, the day finally came when I needed to use this tool :lol: And I decided that it needed something to let you pick a colour, rather than guess how much red, green and blue is in turquoise. (Not that i was using that colour, I hate turquoise :p)

So I threw in a Colour Selector thing, so its far easier to use.

• 4 years later...

Well since I've been getting back into it I reinstalled KotOR 2 on the laptop and had a look into it - turns out the GUI colours are made up of vector GFF structs with values of RGB represented as 0 to 1. So your vector will be something like [1.0, 1.0, 1.0] for white and [0.0, 0.0, 0.0] for black if you get me.

The calculator works in the standard RGB hex 255 so to get the vector value simply divide your hex value of R, G and B by 255:

So a light blue colour of R(128), G(128), B(255) will become vector: [0.5,0.5,1.0]

^ I could be wrong...I've been wrong before but considering within KotorTool theirs a file pack that has GUI in the name my guess is you have to reskin the GUI using gimp or photoshop.

I should also mention the GUI files are for text and dynamic elements of the interface such as the inventory while the GUI textures are for buttons and icons and reticules.

Archived