Home

Remembering A Painting

RaV™

Okay, so i've looked nearly everywhere for aid to find this picture as i've described it the best I can and this lead me to what I believe would be the best lot to ask. You Guys, but it's been mind-boggling since I started this little expedition.

And here's the picture's description and where I first saw it.

I remember seeing this picture in an Edgar Allan Poe documentary while I was in school, the picture itself was of a knight upon horseback with a skeletal figure pointing towards something outside of the picture's frame. The mood was very dark and the knight was head to toe in armor but the skeletal figure reminded me of the grim reaper only because his clothes were so ragged.

Does anyone know what painting/picture I am talking about?

"Knight and Death" by Theodor Baierl ?

knight-death-2-L.jpg

Nice painting, but no that one isn't it.

I do remember that the knight and the figure are facing towards the observer's left but the skeletal figure wasn't fully exposed due to the knight obscuring most of him.

It seemed as if the figure was just levitating there behind the knight and his steed.

It would be helpful if you could remember the artists name.

They didn't say anything about an artist name as they were talking about Poe's darkside and they just went through various paintings and this one caught my eye the most.

Archived