Home

Player Bonuses

ensiform

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Mine so far would be like:

Damage Increase (except for saber and melee)

Decrease Take Damage

Improved Spread on Bolt Weapons (Blaster, Pistol, Bowcaster, etc) (Per Weapon)

Better/Quicker Dodge?

Faster Regen?

Improved use of FlameThrower

Improved use of Jetpack

More ammunition

Special Upgrades to certain force power(s)

hmm, its not that unrealitic, but it might be a hard thing to balanced out in the end. maybe double points or something after 5 straight kills, but it might be a bit harder to balance things skill wise...though. since things like jetpack and flamethrower could easily be too overpowered if higher skill levels were allowed with them that could be bought, this might be a more fair way of making them a bit stronger. But not too much or we could run into more balance problems and we have enough to resolve already.

hmm, its not that unrealitic

It's not too unrealistic that a dude who only killsteals becomes better at dodging just because he killed 5 people with a single shot each? (due to killsteal :p)

I'd say if you add them, make them relevant to and only attainable through a certain weapon / event / force power.

eg.: To get better at dodging you should for example dodge 5 saberslashes without dying.

If you kill 5 people with force lightning you understand the concept and you get a damage increase / force used decrease, etc. (Or maybe you can penetrate the guard of other lightning users).

That could be way to specialization which i think is pretty good.

however, i think people shouldn't just get those bonuses. instead i think that once you reach something that is enough for bonus, that bonus will be unlocked in profile page and costs something like 20 points. now those bonuses could be pretty powerful without ruining balance.

Also, those should be pretty hard to achieve, not just 5 kills or so, at least 10 or maybe even 15.

Ensiform sure likes battlefront 2

I like the gunner side of it for the most part, but its lack of even half decent saber combat it just too appaling for me to play it consistantly :D

Anyways, I'm not against slight upgrades I guess these one life upgrades really do make more sense in BF2 because of how the game is set up. Rather than "respawning" you just takeover the life of one of the other soldiers so it makes more sense... which really wouldnt be a bad idea for a feature or gametype for OJP if someone wants to code it ( I dont think I could with my knowledge). Maybe have a few soldiers or jedi follow you and maybe take orders and a few left at your starting point or something like that. Soldiers that take orders was also an idea we had for the skill menu, but Razors been to busy to code anything.

Ensiform, realism doesn't mean "realistic to the real world", it means "realistic to its own universe", here the universe is star wars'. So a realistic star wars game is a game which respects what is seen in the films, not a game that takes place in the boring human daily life.

With this I mean that people shouldn't become suddenly stronger because they have killed x people in y <insert_time_unit_here>.

I like this as a buyable skill form if we want to keep it simple, or as an elder scrolls rip off that 0mega mentioned. I wouldn't like it to be one of those score meters or something that you get if you kill this many and balbalbal only lasts one life blalblab, that sucks, if I earn it I want to keep it or at least be able to keep it.

And talk of realism made me laugh so loud the owner of this club looked at me strangely.

I like this as a buyable skill form if we want to keep it simple, or as an elder scrolls rip off that 0mega mentioned.

Just because someone else used it as well doesn't instantly mean it's a rip off from them. ;)

it's been used BEFORE the elder scrolls you know, then at least call it a ''rip off'' from the other games that used it before TES.

Wait, thinking about that, nah it's not.

There are FPS games that come far closer to my idea, than TES.

Plus, isn't it plain logic.

Punch 5 people in the face, what would you think is more likely to happen.

a.) Grow useable wings

b.) Get stronger / more skilled at punching people in the face

c.) get +2% resistance to meteors raining down on you

Oh wait, I forgot, this whole "bonus" suggestion is a rip-off from an other game, oops, sorry.

In the end, it's nowhere near a rip-off of TES.

-0mega-']Just because someone else used it as well doesn't instantly mean it's a rip off from them. ;)

it's been used BEFORE the elder scrolls you know, then at least call it a ''rip off'' from the other games that used it before TES.

Wait, thinking about that, nah it's not.

There are FPS games that come far closer to my idea, than TES.

Plus, isn't it plain logic.

Punch 5 people in the face, what would you think is more likely to happen.

a.) Grow useable wings

b.) Get stronger / more skilled at punching people in the face

c.) get +2% resistance to meteors raining down on you

Oh wait, I forgot, this whole "bonus" suggestion is a rip-off from an other game, oops, sorry.

In the end, it's nowhere near a rip-off of TES.

And talk of realism made me laugh so loud the owner of this club looked at me strangely.

Whatever other word I use, it remains a rip-off.

Just because someone else used it as well doesn't instantly mean it's a rip off from them.

That wasn't the issue, the issue was you claiming it was a TES rip-off.

Whatever other word I use, it remains a rip-off.

Could I have evaded 4 useless posts if I had used different wording?

-0mega-']You could have evaded the last 3 if you didn't reply to me. ;)

And if it was your attempt to do it in chronologic order, you failed.

Anyway, my opinion is still that player bonuses like BF2's should be saved for your character, if impossible, make it buyable skills.

Archived