Home

Kreias bond [SPOILERS!]

Mindtwistah

No, I think that was one of those times when the developers went: "oh...wait, Kriea is a villain, so she's gonna die, but she's linked to the Exile...how do we explain that?" followed by: "well, the game's already out, so we'll say: it's Star Wars, it works."

And then you hear the continuity screaming out in pain.

The whole force bond thing was dropped half way through the game anyway, it had so little plot value.

Yesterday Sekan asked me about this and since then it has bugged me a lot.

Did Kreias and the Exiles bond "break" when Kreia left for Trayus? Because the Exile kills Kreia on Malachor and still lives. I mean, the force bond should kill the exile.

In my interpretation the bond was intentionally formed by Kreia in the first place to serve her purposes (coming along with the Exile, incentive to keep her alive), and she similarly severed it purposefully when it suited her and she decided to make herself the antagonist.

Well as I see it, if either the Exile or Kreia were killed by someone else then perhaps one of them would die, but my main theory is that if either one of them fought agaisnt each other and one of them dies the bond would be broken, I think one of the Masters explains that dont know which on of them does.

Follow me on this thought: Wasn't the bond a convenience and the only way to the Exile to regain his connection to the Force? Yes, the first time he/she senses the Force again is after he/she meets Kreia. Through the game, the Exile probably got strong enough on the Force to stand on his/her two feet, rendering the bond useless.

Follow me on this thought: Wasn't the bond a convenience and the only way to the Exile to regain his connection to the Force? Yes, the first time he/she senses the Force again is after he/she meets Kreia. Through the game, the Exile probably got strong enough on the Force to stand on his/her two feet, rendering the bond useless.

I agree it could also have been sort of manipulation that Kreia did...if you think about most party members were somehow manipuladed to Kreia´s own objectives, the bond could have been a sort of blackmail to put it bluntly.

Well if they hadn't cut Vash from the game she explains it; here is a video of Sikon's mod with some of Vash's dialogue; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBz3wAJt7Do

It explains a fair bit with reguards Kreia's bond... Vash "It is painfull to loose someone to whom you are bonded but it is not fatal" later she says; "The bond can be broken in many ways, if one falls to the darkside the bond fade and eventually break, this is why when gripped with fear Kaah could no longer feel the bond so assumed I was dead". However she also says; "That is most unnatural, this bond with Kreia is unlike any I've ever heard of. How did it come to be?". Its interesting to note that unlike all the other Jedi Masters Vash was aware of Kreia before she revealed herself.

The only problem with that explanation is that it doesn't take the fact the Exile can fall to the dark side or that Kreia never really "falls" at any point in the game because she's about as evil/good at the end of it as she is at the start.

Since the bond she had was also far, far stronger than normal bonds (they're not supposed to grant telepathy) and existed whether the Exile was a dark or light Jedi I don't think the rules for normal ones could apply to it.

In my interpretation the bond was intentionally formed by Kreia in the first place to serve her purposes (coming along with the Exile, incentive to keep her alive), and she similarly severed it purposefully when it suited her and she decided to make herself the antagonist.

That, I think, is the most likely explanation. Kreia already demonstrates ability at manipulating the connections of others numerous times throughout the game, and since cut dialogue also supports this ("I have cut my bond to you. I have need of it no longer") there aren't any theories that factually match up with the rest of the game as well as this one.

No. Because it sort of removes a selfish player's motive for going to Malachor V. What would Atris tell you then? "She awaits you in that place and if you don't go she'll throw a tantrum?" :xp:

More like "there's still a planet's worth of people and two Sith Lords who want you dead on it, and if you don't go they'll keep sending out random encounters of Sith Assassins which at this point in the game you're sick to death of"? :p

I think the Exile would still go, bond or not. LS players to kill a bunch of Sith, and DS players to get revenge/take them over.

Is TSLRP restoring that?

I don't think so, but it would just take a quick dialogue edit to restore on your own. (I've restored it in my game.)

No, as the jedi masters said, the exile always formed bonds easily but maybe kreia just allowed it to be made. also my opinion is that, as kreia said, when they fight their minds are prepared and sheiled from all that. Also visas didnt die when you killed her master so it could be like that.

No, as the jedi masters said, the exile always formed bonds easily but maybe kreia just allowed it to be made. also my opinion is that, as kreia said, when they fight their minds are prepared and sheiled from all that. Also visas didnt die when you killed her master so it could be like that.

Given the Jedi Masters' track record of not consistently not having a clue what they are talking about, seeing or doing in TSL I take anything they say with a huge grain of salt. :)

Given Kreia's tendencies for manipulation and puppet mastering, and how important said bond was for her plans to worm herself into the Exile's confidence, I don't think she'd leave such an important part of her plans to pure chance. The Exile's natural talents and condition may have made the forming of such a bond easier, but I think it was a very deliberate act by Kreia to form the bond, not just some freak accident causing it to spontaneously happen.

Hence why she confronted Sion on her own and had her hand cut off (and then somehow managed to escape otherwise unscathed and made it back to the ship on her own), to drive home the point to the Exile that "Hey, did you feel that? We're linked whether you want to or not, so we better stick together".

• 4 weeks later...

I'm with the chaps who say she formed and severed the bond for her own wicked, Force-destroying reasons. :sithm: It may be noted that if she was going to destroy the Force (and I don't think that is actually possible without killing every living thing.) she had to get Exile connected back into the Force via a Force bond, and an unnaturally strong bond would create an incredible Force connection, thus leaching the Force faster. As for Kreia sheilding Exile when she died, I just want to ask how you would do such a thing when you are mortally wounded and dead. :zamn1: However, Force bonds weaker than this one HAVE killed Jedi before. Clone Wars Volume 4 Last Stand on Jabiim, anyone here read it? A piar of Padawans in the story (Elora Sund and Tae Daith) formed a bond to help Tae keep his telepathy-heavy Force connection from driving him crazy during their time on Jabiim as members of the Padawan Pack. When they were making their last stand against Alto Stratus and his army Tae was killed, shot to peices by assassin droids to be precise, and Elora died from the mental backlash of his death. :cry6: If you want reference, wookipedia has an entry on every member of the Padawan Pack.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

Archived