Home

What do you think......Revan: a girl or a boy

Lord Revan63

Is Revan supposed to be a MALE or a FEMALE?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Is Revan supposed to be a MALE or a FEMALE?

Im been wondering and have done some research on Revan, Watching the KOTOR 1 movie cutscenes and i want to know if Revan is really a MALE or a FEMALE. Why i did this is because some movie cutscenes show Revan acting (interacting) as a FEMALE but on others Like a MALE. So please leave your vote and comment thank you!!

P.S. in cutscenes i mean the old Revan (darklord)

Mod note: Moved thread to the Republic Newsfeed forum from Unknown Regions, since it has nothing to do with a potential KOTOR III. ~M

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im been wondering and have done some research on Revan, Watching the KOTOR 1 movie cutscenes and i want to know if Revan is really a MALE or a FEMALE. Why i did this is because some movie cutscenes show Revan acting (interacting) as a FEMALE but on others Like a MALE.

Revan is whatever gender you choose to play as at the time. They would not have offered the choice of player character gender if Revan had to be a particular gender. They have generally taken great care to avoid addressing Darth Revan via gender, though a few mistakes have slipped through.

Thus, Darth Revan REALLY is the gender you are currently playing as, since the story of the game wouldn't make any sense otherwise. :)

Revan is whatever gender you choose to play as at the time. They would not have offered the choice of player character gender if Revan had to be a particular gender. They have generally taken great care to avoid addressing Darth Revan via gender, though a few mistakes have slipped through.

Thus, Darth Revan REALLY is the gender you are currently playing as, since the story of the game wouldn't make any sense otherwise. :)

True but on another term, Revans size i can see your point on w/e gender but of Revans Size like Revans death....revan is same size as the male jedi's but taller than bastila what would class would Revan be under for both and on the dantoine vision revans head is like up too malaks mouth like a male soldier....if u can explain this too me!

True but on another term, Revans size i can see your point on w/e gender but of Revans Size like Revans death....revan is same size as the male jedi's but taller than bastila what would class would Revan be under for both and on the dantoine vision revans head is like up too malaks mouth like a male soldier....if u can explain this too me!

Movie cutscenes take up quite a lot of space, thus they made one generic cutscene that is used regardless of the gender and class choices of the player. It would have taken up a lot of time and space on the game discs to make a separate version for every class and gender combo of the movie cutscenes where Darth Revan is shown. It would probably also have been unnecessary work since only die hard fanboys would notice the difference. :)

Thus I wouldn't over-analyze Revan's appearance in those cutscenes down to minute details.

revan is same size as the male jedi's but taller than bastila what would class would Revan be under for both and on the dantoine vision revans head is like up too malaks mouth like a male soldier....if u can explain this too me!

I don't think Revan's chosen profession would have any impact on how tall s/he grew. :p (Seemed kind of weird to me that your PC would be shorter or taller depending on their class)

I don't think Revan's chosen profession would have any impact on how tall s/he grew. :p (Seemed kind of weird to me that your PC would be shorter or taller depending on their class)

yes i agree they should have had made it like the k2 game were there all the same hieght in gender....oh and im no die hard gamer i was bored and curious too kno if revan was supposed too b a real gender but they gave us the choice!

Dude. This topic's been done to death, and is pretty much guaranteed to start a fight.

Still, if I had a dime for every time I hard "But Revan's a guy, LucasArts said so" and had to give back a quarter every time someone said "Exile's a chick, LucasArts said so?" I'd still not only be in the black, but have enough for a nice dinner on the town.

But, personally? Exile's definitely male (though there's debate between my brother in law and me over alignment) and Revan's definitely female.

I also have to wonder if "canonizing" Exile as a woman was because of the controversy that came out of canonizing Revan. "We don't give enough of a **** about this game to even release a finished version or a patch for all the bugs, but here's your girl - shut up now."

Well... personally, I buy into the male Revan story better than the female because well...

personally, I hate Carth. He's pretty old, super whiny and annoying, and he is always looking for betrayal. Bastila may be a bit annoying too... but she's ten times better than Onasi... plus, the whole Dark Side episode probably got her to thinking... Carth didn't really change his annoying tendencies at all... And the "he" pronoun was used by Bane... which was before the KOTOR series, I think...

I go with Female exile because I believe that it has more interaction between the characters... although... a Male exile/Visas story is something I would consider "canon" too...

I do, however, agree with Allronix...

Just because LucasArts says something is canon, doesn't mean everyone should see it as absolutely right (although... that is just a generalized reaction based on what I've seen from many players)...

If you say Revan's a girl... heck... Revan's a girl... That's what you choose to believe and play as...

Y'see, and I didn't mind Carth so much while Bastila scared me a little. Carth reminded me of a couple other characters that I can write off the top of my head.

"OK, he's being a bit of a jerk. Still, he did save my butt, and he's still doing a fair amount of saving it" (I played a Scoundrel, so my HP tended to be dreadful) "Plus, he was man enough to apologize to the blue kid after that fight. So, keep your head and don't do anything dumb - he'll come around."

I'll admit that part of the reason Bastila scared me was because I had walked out of Episode 2 utterly disgusted by the Jedi, and here was this shutta demonstrating the worst parts of Jedi behavior - zero sense of humor or ability to laugh at herself, berating you after saving her hide, pulling rank on the guy who's got 20 years of military experience (growing up in a Navy town, the popular expression was "Want to talk to the Ensign in charge or the chief who knows what's really going on?"), flying off the handle at the kid for a poorly-phrased (but honest) question, and pulling the "We are better than others because we have Force powers" stunt.

Mostly, though, I was fond of Mission straight off the bat. One, I played a Scoundrel - so, I would have thought my character would appreciate the resourceful and brassy gal. And out of character? Well, I had a niece of the same age and roughly the same attitude.

All-in-all both the female and male stories have their ups and downs...

Just, whichever one fits a person's imagination and style of playing is the one they should consider canon.

Good job on the dialogue pack by the way Allronix

Your old one was good, but the new one takes the cake... :D

Finally, can we just end this topic? It's been discussed, I don't know how many times...

Let it stay buried.

There's a mod for Sith love where Bastila offers to be your lover and apprentice...

It's a mod that just fixes a bug in the scripts... you can find it pretty easy on FileFront. It is part of the original game... so it has all the sound + dialogue...

There's a mod for Sith love where Bastila offers to be your lover and apprentice...

It's a mod that just fixes a bug in the scripts... you can find it pretty easy on FileFront. It is part of the original game... so it has all the sound + dialogue...

hmmm thanx, oh but 1 moe thing ive been seeing other ppl play with revans full, like mask,hood,cape......etc and i was wondering were and how to do it

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Star_Forge_Revans_Robes;71255

You can get Darth Revan's robes here up top... along with a new re-skin of the star forge robes (so that they look like Darth Revan's robes... except with a color change to make them look more lightsided)

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_Romance_Glitch_Fix;78251

This is the Romance Dark-side Bastila glitch fix...

You have to say, "How do I know you won't betray me?" When your talking to her on top of the temple... that's where the dialogue is...

• 2 weeks later...

Male. Duh!

Revan is a being of pure power. Almighty will and awesomeness. A female Revan just isn't right. No offense to any people who like a female revan, and i am not meaning be racial or whatever agaisnt women, but honestly, hearign revan's voice as female when you have a being of such raw power just doesn't seem right. Revan should be male. Besides, Revan is generally a Male name.

Males are normally naturallly superior to females in their physical power. They are not superior completely or whatever, both genders shoudl be considered equal, but that is fact.

Revan speaking in girl voice in a game just doesn't seem right. Imagine an all powerful sith lord speaking in female voice exacting his revenge upon the jedi or something, when it should be a bold, powerful, booming, echoing, male voice. I really don't care about the exile's gender though. It's just that revan is mean tto be a climatic character representing raw power and control, and a female just doesn't.... fully represent that.

I hav emenant no offense to any women saying this, as i have nothing agaisnt the other gender.

Um... Arcesious perhaps you should edit your comment a little more...

*ahem*

A fiery woman easily would represent Revan... it has more to do with personality than sex... And in the case of the Force... it doesn't matter whether the individual is man or woman (or neither) ... the Force probably cares very little about that...

Plus, this thread is a bad zombie movie... this specific topic has come out of the grave multiple times, wandered around, got shot, get's buried, then rises again...

Revan and Exile are whatever Gender you choose to play them as.

*I need a damn brownie*

Get'em Allronix... :laughing:

EDIT: Hold on... let me get you pumped.

When the Union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run,

There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun.

Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?

But the Union makes us strong.

Solidarity forever!

Solidarity forever!

Solidarity forever!

For the Union makes us strong.

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite

Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?

Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

For the Union makes us strong.

It is we who plowed the prairies; built the cities where they trade;

Dug the mines and built the workshops; endless miles of railroad laid.

Now we stand outcast and starving, 'midst the wonders we have made;

But the Union makes us strong.

:lol:

Archived