Exile vs. Bastila

Tysyacha

Who would win in a duel?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a duel?

• Bastila
    • The Exile

I say the exile because shes prettier than bastila

I'm really tired of hearing this nonsense. Bastilla, as a padawan, was quite capable of decimating a Dark Jedi -- one of the more powerful ones given the fact that he was part of Revan's personal guard -- and she did so in seconds.

OH my god its you nebaris. Do you remember how often you get bashed in KMC for socking and making several accounts? Hah lol

Mind if i ask how come you stop socking at kmc, yea you do know me there

Dont get the wrong idea, im not looking for trouble but rather a friendly approach

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say the exile because shes prettier than bastila

OH my god its you nebaris. Do you remember how often you get bashed in KMC for socking and making several accounts? Hah lol

Good times? Lol.

Mind if i ask how come you stop socking at kmc,

Kind of got boring after a while, but I still post at EOD (that's Janus' forum) and DarthSith's forum.

yea you do know me there

I know it's you Kadesh, I saw the link to this forum at KMC actually, thought that was obvious...

Dont get the wrong idea, im not looking for trouble but rather a friendly approach

So you're *not* attempting to gather a bunch of people at KMC to sign up here and attack my argument? LOL, but no, it's cool, but please, I BEG you to bring Darth Hord over here, ~snipped~

Exile annihilates her. Bastila was only a special (both ways) Jedi because of her Battle Meditation. Other than that, she was alright. The Exile destroyed Darth Traya, Revan's old master, Darth Nihilus, someone who could enslave a crew, keep together a destroyed ship, and swallow planets. Then she managed to kill someone who was nearly impossible to kill for good.

The Exile served under Revan, but Bastila learned the Force along side of Revan. Bastila is not just considered a student of Revan, but could be considered an equal to Revan. The only difference is that Revan is a military leader, and Bastila can boost an army's moral through the Force. Exile shows no sign of advanced knowledge of the Force, which would put her in the same class level as Bastila and Revan.

Studying the Force directly along side Revan makes Bastila powerfull. The ability to boost an army's moral and to change a war's outcome is not a small feat. Bastila would crush Exile in a snap.

The Exile served under Revan, but Bastila learned the Force along side of Revan. Bastila is not just considered a student of Revan, but could be considered an equal to Revan.

That's why he was able to beat her once on the temple and three times in a row on the Star Forge, right? :p

Studying the Force directly along side Revan makes Bastila powerfull. The ability to boost an army's moral and to change a war's outcome is not a small feat. Bastila would crush Exile in a snap.

Useful as it is, it speaks nothing of how strong someone is in hand-to-hand combat. Odan-Urr was a master at battle meditation, and went in seconds when Exar Kun fought him. (Who never exhibited any talent with it.)

The Exile, in retrospect, has proven to be capable of defeating Traya, Nihilus, Sion four times in a row, and three lightsaber mind-controlled by Kreia at once. Bastila never exhibits any strength like that in both games.

The Exile served under Revan, but Bastila learned the Force along side of Revan. Bastila is not just considered a student of Revan, but could be considered an equal to Revan. The only difference is that Revan is a military leader, and Bastila can boost an army's moral through the Force. Exile shows no sign of advanced knowledge of the Force, which would put her in the same class level as Bastila and Revan.

If studying the Force next to Revan's side makes you powerful, then Juhani would be able to kill the Exile too. However, Juhani was an average Jedi who couldn't come close to the magnitude of the Exile's power. Her Battle Meditation wasn't learned, it was inherent; that's like saying any Jedi could beat someone because they inherited the Force.

Studying someone's fighting doesn't make you a master of the Force. You can study anything for years but lack the competency to learn anything at all.

I have to laugh about some of these comments. Some of you make it sound like Juhani, Bastila, and even Jolee stopped training in the Force after "KotOR I" ended. Lol... If you go by logical thinking, all three characters could kick Exile's but. Since they must have continued training independantly, they would have grown in their connection to the force. By the time the Exile arrives on scene, I bet Bastila would have been a Jedi Master for at least three years. What we do not know about the lightside ending Bastila, Juhlani, and Jolee is what they did after KotOR I. We know that Bastila still stayed with the Republic, for the game's cannon is focused on lightside male. What ever happend to Juhlani and Jolee? Did we learn anything about their fate in KotOR II? Nope. We could only make assumptions. Even though Atton spealed about the remaining Jedi switching off lightsabers, "The Sith Lords" was advertised in a way that made the "Exile" come off as the last Jedi. If that was true in essence, Bastilla would not have made a cameo in the game. Thus, there is a contridiction.

What did we learn? We don't know what happened to Bastilla's abilities to control the force. We don't know if she actually made it to a Jedi Master level. What we do know is that she is alive and well during the events of KotOR II. If we go by logical growth patterns and psychology, we can conclude that Bastila did become a very powerful force user. Since she never lost a connection with the force, her abilities could very much have grown to the level of Jedi Master. Since she also fought along side Revan, in KotOR I, she must have learned alot about fighting wars. Imagine the type of control she has over the minds of others, and the impact of her connection to others. Bastilla would no doubt be much more skilled in the Force than Exile. Remember, Palpatine in the EU novels had the same type of Battle Meditation, but the writter called it "The Emporer's Will".

While I think Bastila can make the Exile sweat, I don't think she can defeat her. Yes, Bastila may have the strength of a Jedi Master at the time of "The Sith Lords", but remember that the Exile was a General in the Mandalorian wars, has a lot more experience than Bastila, and surely improved in strength and force abilities since her arrival on Peragus, not in the least due to Kreia's unorthodox training. While Bastila's Battle Meditation is a useful asset, it's not something to use in a one-to-one combat.

I also doubt she's the equal of Revan for that matter. While she may have learned quite a bit of him, she never had that much potential as Revan, Malak or the Exile.

While I think Bastila can make the Exile sweat, I don't think she can defeat her. Yes, Bastila may have the strength of a Jedi Master at the time of "The Sith Lords", but remember that the Exile was a General in the Mandalorian wars, has a lot more experience than Bastila, and surely improved in strength and force abilities since her arrival on Peragus, not in the least due to Kreia's unorthodox training. While Bastila's Battle Meditation is a useful asset, it's not something to use in a one-to-one combat.

I also doubt she's the equal of Revan for that matter. While she may have learned quite a bit of him, she never had that much potential as Revan, Malak or the Exile.

Ah. Bastilla was present in the hidden tomb on Korriban. Malek even stated that she had the same ambitions and interest in war as the Exile did. Even though Bastilla didn't fight in the Mandalorian Wars, she did end up fighting in the second Jedi and Sith Civil War. She does have war experience.

Battle Meditation hardly affects this fight. Just because you have a power irrelevant to a one-on-one fight doesn't mean that it makes you powerful.

Exile had the ability to take on three Sith Lords, and potentially three Jedi Masters. What has Bastila done besides having Battle Meditation? She's noted as a skilled Jedi or whatever, but that's completely relative. Exile at least has accomplishments that make her powerful, and was the best student Kreia ever taught.

You're saying she's powerful for these reasons...

1. She fought alongside Revan - So what? Mission Vao fought alongside him, but she's not exactly a hyper-powered god, is she?

2. She could've been training to the rank of Master - We see nothing of her skills in TSL. She was most likely maintaining extremely minimal use of the Force, otherwise Sion would've sicked his assassins on her, or killed her himself.

I have to laugh about some of these comments. Some of you make it sound like Juhani, Bastila, and even Jolee stopped training in the Force after "KotOR I" ended. Lol... If you go by logical thinking, all three characters could kick Exile's but. Since they must have continued training independantly, they would have grown in their connection to the force. By the time the Exile arrives on scene, I bet Bastila would have been a Jedi Master for at least three years. What we do not know about the lightside ending Bastila, Juhlani, and Jolee is what they did after KotOR I. We know that Bastila still stayed with the Republic, for the game's cannon is focused on lightside male. What ever happend to Juhlani and Jolee? Did we learn anything about their fate in KotOR II? Nope. We could only make assumptions. Even though Atton spealed about the remaining Jedi switching off lightsabers, "The Sith Lords" was advertised in a way that made the "Exile" come off as the last Jedi. If that was true in essence, Bastilla would not have made a cameo in the game. Thus, there is a contridiction.

What did we learn? We don't know what happened to Bastilla's abilities to control the force. We don't know if she actually made it to a Jedi Master level. What we do know is that she is alive and well during the events of KotOR II. If we go by logical growth patterns and psychology, we can conclude that Bastila did become a very powerful force user. Since she never lost a connection with the force, her abilities could very much have grown to the level of Jedi Master. Since she also fought along side Revan, in KotOR I, she must have learned alot about fighting wars. Imagine the type of control she has over the minds of others, and the impact of her connection to others. Bastilla would no doubt be much more skilled in the Force than Exile. Remember, Palpatine in the EU novels had the same type of Battle Meditation, but the writter called it "The Emporer's Will".

Sure Bastila might be the level of jedi master but in the game you have the chance to kill three of them and also three sith lords tbh i think the exile would wipe the floor with bastila. I personaly dont think bastila would have gotten past Sion if she did in deed save the masters, if she didnt then she would have most likely fallen to one of the masters which ever she fought first.

edit: darn graymusic beat me too it.

Sure Bastila might be the level of jedi master but in the game you have the chance to kill three of them and also three sith lords tbh i think the exile would wipe the floor with bastila. I personaly dont think bastila would have gotten past Sion if she did in deed save the masters, if she didnt then she would have most likely fallen to one of the masters which ever she fought first.

edit: darn graymusic beat me too it.

Heh, I've still got it. Better luck next time. :king1:

Still less experience than the Exile. Traveling with Revan and being able to practice on her own can't compare to the Exile being a general in a several year-long war, getting her own experience during her travels and attaining the rank of Knight before that (which Bastila never did). Jumping from her current level of skill to being able to take on Sith Lords seems a bit much for Bastila, since she's not re-learning the ways of the Force like Revan or the Exile were, she's learning them for the first time. Five years is too short a time to become that much stronger.

Experience doesnt always garentee a win. Dooku has 65 years of experience and he got owned by anakin in ROTS whom only had less then 10 years of exp.

Yoda has 800 years of fighting experience as opposed to sidious who only had 60 yet the fight ended in a stalemate.

Its the skill which counts and IMO i think the exile might win and she is more skillful as she could quickly learn saber and force forms faster than an average jedi.

I agree, but experience is not completely dismissable. Those were truly rare cases, and it's to be expected by how stronger Anakin was in the Force than Dooku and how the dark side provided an edge to Sidious in addition to his own natural talent. Since we don't know much about Bastila/Exile's exact Force strength we have to make do with their track records and how much experience they've had.

I agree, but experience is not completely dismissable. Those were truly rare cases, and it's to be expected by how stronger Anakin was in the Force than Dooku and how the dark side provided an edge to Sidious in addition to his own natural talent. Since we don't know much about Revan/Exile's exact Force strength we have to make do with their track records and how much experience they've had.

I can agree with you for some parts, just that anakins strength in the force had nothing much to do with the fact that dooku got tooled through a lightsaber duel without the usage of the force.

Mace is another example, he has less experience than sidious yet he beat him in a lightsaber duel due to shatterpoint and vaapad.

But i think ill change my statement, Exile wins. She could master several force forms and lightsaber styles within a short time from the moment a jedi master demonstrated it to her.

Mace is another example, he has less experience than sidious yet he beat him in a lightsaber duel due to shatterpoint and vaapad.

Hmm, Windu may have less experience, but when you're a Jedi Master sitting in the High Council and being one of the most powerful Jedi, experience plays a smaller role. Both Windu and Palpatine had so much experience that, in the end, it all came to strength and skill. Experience would play a big role in a battle between Bastila and the Exile. Anyway, without the experience the Exile had, I still think she could defeat Bastila in skill and mastery of the Force.

But i think ill change my statement, Exile wins. She could master several force forms and lightsaber styles within a short time from the moment a jedi master demonstrated it to her.

For the Exile she was re-learning the majority of those things rather than experiencing them for the first time. (Bound to result in her getting them faster).

For the Exile she was re-learning the majority of those things rather than experiencing them for the first time. (Bound to result in her getting them faster).

The low-level things would be re-learned perhaps. But I doubt what was then described as an "average Jedi with great leadership skills" would have been a master of 7 different lightsaber/force forms and assorted high level force abilities. Most of those are probably learned for the first time due to her unique "condition" and situation.

Archived