Home

Why cant we jump over 2 foot objects

Almar

Why cant we jump over 2 foot objects? That is my biggest pet peeve about this game. We cannot jump over or climb many objects that would be 1 to 2 feet if the game were to scale. Then when we jump while running it looks ridiculous. Not to mention that Jedi should be able to jump 25 feet straight up.

When the game first came out before CU/NGE there was no ability to jump at all. Not sure why, just the way the game was set up. At the time SWG was the first MMO i had ever played so I don't know if it was the fact that I just didn't notice or the fact that the game was geared in such a way that it was not needed. Either way it was not something i noticed at all. Now, on the other hand, it is a completely diffrent story. Nothing is more annoying then watching your toon jump up and down like a sad cheerleader that couldn't make the varsity team while you are trying to chat with someone. I guess once the devs decided to dumb down and WoWify the game they decided that we needed to be able to jump if for no other reason then to say that we could. :( Just my two credits.

Yeah, typically in games, I am a jump-aholic. This game however, nay. Like random1 said, it's ridiculous. It's not as if it helps anything or benifits you in anyway. Not to mention, I don't even believe it will really allow you to jump "over" anything in the least. It's pretty much there to make you look like a cheerleader/magical fairy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The reason why jump doesnt help is because although there are z axis co-ordinates, there is no way for the character to impliment the Z axis. IF you could not only does that open up the ability to jump onto things, you could also swim up or down.

However i think its impossible to implement it into the game now.

Jump has always been in game, even pre cu. I remember binding it to space, before i realised that it did nothing and there was more than a bit of chatting in game :p

my greates pet pieve about galaxies, I cant jump over a two foot high box, but i can run up the sides of giant cliffs!

Archived