Home

Official Venting Thread

BongoBob

I'm angry that my post was deleted

Thats my rant

I'm angry too that my post insulting your post hardcore was deleted.

Anyway, I'm frustrated that everyone that plays Shadowrun is a douche. More to the point, I'm frustrated that everyone on my team is a douche while everyone on the other team have the coordination of a veteran SWAT team. The fact that it happens in nearly every game is a testament to the stupidity of the universe, and most definitely not because I suck.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What all was wrong with the camera?

It wouldn't keep power, kept saying the batteries were low, and then it just ended up dying and not starting back up...Tried like 4 sets of brand new batteries, didn't help, referred to the manual and all it could tell me for that kind of issue was "try new batteries", gee Sherlock, ya think...I considered phoning tech support but then I thought not, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the thing doesn't start no matter what batteries you put in, the thing's probably buggered...So: Return to sender!

Ordered a new one though, and they better get it to me in time or they'll get a very angry e-mail!!![/nerd]

I'm angry too that my post insulting your post hardcore was deleted.

Anyway, I'm frustrated that everyone that plays Shadowrun is a douche. More to the point, I'm frustrated that everyone on my team is a douche while everyone on the other team have the coordination of a veteran SWAT team. The fact that it happens in nearly every game is a testament to the stupidity of the universe, and most definitely not because I suck.

lolz, that's why I got put off playing online

"zomg you n00b!!!!!!"

"This map sucks!!!! zomg!!!111"

"Haker cheaterz!!!11111 ur momma stinks111!!!!"

Yeah, great fun...

I'm mad at Charles Dickens for making Great Expectations so long.

it's like 'I GET IT! JUST GO UP TO ESTELLA AND BE ALL 'LISTEN BITCH, SHUT UP AND SUCK IT.'" God, Pip's such a douche.

I developed a pathological hatred for Pip in Freshman year because of Great Expectations. Yes, he is a douche, and I have only murderous intentions for him.

Also: the marriage between Biffy and Joe was a bit disturbing. Isn't Joe around 20 years older than her?

I wish I could pick my own book to do a report about. I'd do Brave New World, or Kitchen Confidential or somthing good.

Also, WOAH WOAH WOAH, NOT THAT FAR IN THE BOOK YET! That's kinda creepy though.

Oh, then you probably don't know that alien tripods from Mars invade and destroy London. Pip gets brutally eaten by one such alien and takes twenty pages to die.

Oh, if only.

You whats not a fun call to get? How about this one?

"Hi, this is Lynn with your apartment complex. One of our maintenance guys noticed the window was broken on your car."

YAY!

On the plus side, it wasn't broken into. My car was still locked and everything was inside. I'm not sure what happened. Probably got hit by a rock or something...

Still, now I get to spend $160 to get it replaced because its not expensive enough to be covered by my insurance. OH! And I get to sit at the glass place while they replace it! Added bonus! WOOT WOOT!

Luckily, at least, it was the passenger side so I don't have to worry about sitting on glass.

You whats not a fun call to get? How about this one?

"Hi, this is Lynn with your apartment complex. One of our maintenance guys noticed the window was broken on your car."

YAY!

On the plus side, it wasn't broken into. My car was still locked and everything was inside. I'm not sure what happened. Probably got hit by a rock or something...

Still, now I get to spend $160 to get it replaced because its not expensive enough to be covered by my insurance. OH! And I get to sit at the glass place while they replace it! Added bonus! WOOT WOOT!

Luckily, at least, it was the passenger side so I don't have to worry about sitting on glass.

That's expensive. My front windshield has a huge crack so I need to get the whole thing replaced and thats gonna be like $180 including labor. Shop around cause someone's overcharging you.

:lsduel::duel:

Well, the last few days have been ****.

I go into work on Sunday, and my boss is there when it's his day off. So I go in the back and grab a bunch of games to put on the shelves. As I'm doing this, I notice my boss is watching me. After a few more minutes, I ask him what's up. He tells me to come in the back. The convo went like this.

"I'm not spose to tell you this, but we had two reports filed against you on Friday."

"What? Reports? What reports, or what did I do?"

"Well, you were reported on not doing your job, and the next I can't believe."

"Well, what is it?"

"You were reported telling a customer off."

"What!?"

"Yeah, I know. I don't believe it, but I was asked to watch you since you're the only one on duty til one."

"Ok..."

So I go back out, help customers and everything. At six I leave and go home. I tell my parents and they say its bull****. Then later I go out to a friends going away to college party.

Well, while at the party I get a phone call. It's my boss, and he wants see me at work right away. I tell him I really can't, but he says it's important. I tell my friend I had to go (he's upset, but understands) and I go back to work. I get there, and there's a customer and my boss. He points me to the back and tells me he'll be there in a sec.

So I go and wait, and he comes in and tells me to sit. He then goes on about jobs and stuff, and then tells me about work hours. THis whole time I have no idea what this means, so I just ask him.

"What are you getting at."

"Well, you hit three strikes today."

"What?"

"You left work early, and without telling anyone. That's a report and your third strike."

"What do you mean I "left work early?" I was to get off at six!"

"No you weren't, it wasn't requested."

I get up and go to the border where we request time off or another temp shift, and sure enough it wasn't approved, but everyone else's was. I tell my boss this, and he says he's sorry but he has to let me go.

So I leave pissed off, one for being fired, and two for missing my friends party. So I go home and tell my parents, in which then they tell me it sounds like someone doesn't like you.

So I call up my friend who works at a locally owned game store, and ask him if they needed people, and he tells me they do and he'll pass my name along. The next day I get a call from the owner, and he interviews me over the phone. At the end of the interview he offers me the job, because of my former expeirence and my attitude. He tells me to come to work the next day for quick training and so I can set up my schedule.

So I go there, go through the training (only an hour long) and I go to the schedule board with him. He tells me it's only once a week (used to be once a month with GameStop) and he set up a really flexible schedule of my shifts for when I go back to school next week. He tells me I'll do fine.

So yesterday (Wednesday) this guy I used to work with comes in and sees me, he asks if we can talk. I take my break and go out to talk to him, and he tells me more of why I was fired. He was a nighttime manager, and overall boss wanted to make room for some cheap interns (they make only $7 something compared to the $12.50 employees get) so he fired me, but also four other employees.

So now I'm pissed because they fired me and didn't tell me straight up. I also ask about the reports, and he says one was true, but only because the customer told me to shut the **** up and I went off on him.

But it doesn't matter anymore. I make $15.60 now running the cash register and stocking games, and during our free time we play the 360 and PS3 in the store. I also get great discounts on games and hardware.

Yeah.

I went out to GameStop and bought a Xbox 360 steering wheel so I can finally play Test Drive Unlimited and my other various racing games.

I fly home with hope and the anticipation of playing with a steering wheel for the first time. I get home pop in Test Drive.

The top half of the opening Xbox logo separates from the bottom half! I was like "DO NOT WANT!" I turn the Xbox off and restart. This time nothing. Then the green ring turned red.

I was on the brink of tears. Now I have a $100 steering wheel and no effing Xbox.

Depends what type of warranty was sold with the 360, and if it still falls within that warranty in the first place...

I've playing MGS2 on hard for a while now, and getting pretty good at it, I'm almost near the end, when Solidus does his last choke on me and I have to "press Triangle repeatedly", and I CAN'T get bloody past it, no matter how fast I tap it, I can never do it, I must've tried it like a zillion times...I feel so old lol, I'm gonna have to get a Turbo controller I think[/old man rant]

I got fed up with bagging lettuce at work today so i hurled one across the basement. It exploded against a wall and I was happy.

****ing produce

Should talk to my brother, he's in produce.

Doesn't Microsoft's warranty cover the Ring of Death?
A chap at work told me that his 360 violently died on him. He started it up and it made the sound of "a belt sander" and turned off. He threw away his receipt and said he can't get a free replacement. So he's planning on getting a used Xbox 360 core. Hopefully for as cheap as he can, he'll just put his HDD on it and it'll be as good as new.

I'm trying to play YYZ by Rush on guitar right now. Everything is going smoothly, except for the fact that apparently a whammy bar makes the whole song easier. Woe is me and my bloody stupid Epiphone Les Paul. Well, no, it's actually an awesome guitar, I'm just sad that it's a hardtail and that means no whammy bar, ever.

Besides that, though, I hate Alex Lifeson and all that his crazy rhythms stand for. I'm a rock musician - things like syncopation are foreign and bizarre to me. More to the point, he's an awesome guitarist: I'm surprised that more people don't think he's an excellent guitarist, but then again he probably just gets upstaged by Geddy Lee and Neil Peart.

Should talk to my brother, he's in produce.

A chap at work told me that his 360 violently died on him. He started it up and it made the sound of "a belt sander" and turned off. He threw away his receipt and said he can't get a free replacement. So he's planning on getting a used Xbox 360 core. Hopefully for as cheap as he can, he'll just put his HDD on it and it'll be as good as new.

He should still try and call in to see if he can get it replaced for free. When I got my ring of death I got worried cause I never save receipt's so I searched franticly for it and finally found it and called in and they never even asked me when I had bought it or anything so I'd say it's a worth a shot to call in before he drops some more $.

You also get a free month of Live for the down time you'll expierience even though it only took 2 weeks to get it shipped from my house and back.

:lsduel::duel:

Archived