Home

Mandalorian Armor

MacTavish

Are there ranks for Mandalorians through their armor in Kotor? I guess blue is infantry, but what are the ranks for red and yellow?

I don't think it's ever explained in the game, but from how they are used in the game (which does not necessarily mean much) I'd guess something like (in rising rank):

Blue = Grunt

Red = Captain

Yellow/Gold = Commander

I personally think that Mandalorians don't really have a straight code of armor vs rank. The thing about them having the same armor in game is just that, easier to model. There may be other rank signifying features though.

And I say this for a reason. There is no rank related dress code for the below periods: kotor(exile era), kotor(Revan era comics), New Sith War, Known New Republic era(not even for the splinter groups), Imperial era...

I am not sure how Bobba Runs his Mandalorians though, there might or might not be a dress code.

Granted, The Mystery Guy from clan Ordos may have tried to go for a uniformed approach when it comes to armor. As we have seen, there seems to be roughly the red/yellow/blue types of common Mandalorian armor, with a face swap(no face plate) for a few. Then again we can say that there is a dresscode for twi'lek dancers also, since they all dress the same in the game, and same goes for many gangsters, creatures and the like who have the same face/voice.

According to Wookieepedia, each color did represent a rank, from blue being lowest and gold being highest, like Stoffe said. Here's the article.

Well, what they do is summerizing what they see in kotor1 and kotor2, where you only see mandalorians in the standardized armor of red/blue/yellow. excluding the mandalore.

Plus, even the quite specifies that this is about the "Neo-Crusader Armor"

• 1 month later...

Aye, this is on the Neo-Crusaders, apparently Mandalore the Ultimate had it in mind to assign some semblence of rank to the chaos of armor varriations shown in KotOR volume 2 Flashpoint. At all other times in Mandolorian history I know of rank in armor has been completly ignored. Oh, wait didn't Jaster and Jango havethe Mandalore's armor be a specific color? Now back to what I said before, In Tales of the Jedi they have no rank indicators, in Prototypes (one of the Visionaries stories set back when Durge was young.) there seems no rank indication and Mandalore Boba also has no rank indicators in his Mano'ade. I would assume that this ranking system is exlusive to the Neo-Crusaders.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

Archived