Home

Movies That Make You Cry

Don Quixote

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i'm a pretty tough guy, but i do shed some tears at the movies on occassion. the most memorable:

LotR: RotK - when Sam carries Frodo up the face of Mount Doom

LotR: FotR - Boromir's death

SW: RotS - Order 66 Montage, particularly Yoda's reaction

SW: RotS - Obi-wan defeats Anakin (the exchange with Anakin at the edge of the lava stream)

hmm, can't think of many moments besides those. at least not off the top of my head.

Pfft. Crying is for sissies. You guys are all a bunch of sissies. :carms:

The only exception being, of course, at the end of Moulin Rouge when Satine dies in Christian's arms.

*sniff*

All they had in this world was each others love! :ball:

*runs away sobbing*

*runs back in*

...when the girl in that movie dies it was pretty bad.

She WHAT?! Oh God, I only saw the first half!

*runs away sobbing again*

I cried at the end of Rozen Maiden Traumend. I know it's not technically a movie but I watched it all in one sitting so it felt like a movie.

I cried more during the final Hina ep than at the end, but I did cry at the end as well. [Nota bene, I watched it the same way you did.]

I cried during Y'Rushalayim Schel Zahav at the close of Schindler's List and after watching the incredibly painful movie Kids. Truly a terrifying film. I do NOT recommend it.

Oh, and at the end of Bridge To Terebithia, too. That, I DO recommend.

I don't really cry, but I'll admit that Titanic made me tear up. When the old couple are in bed and the water runs in, and when they show the mother tucking the kids in? Gets me every time.

The first time 1000 times I saw Saving Private Ryan, I never really got it. But now when Tom Hanks gives that speech it gets to me sometimes.

No one cried when Old Yeller got shot? :eyeraise:

I was really young at the time I saw it. I don't remember a thing about the movie except that I was really sad the dog died. Can't recall if I actually cried, though.

"Where the Red Fern Grows" is another one I saw when I was young (after reading the book). I don't recall if I cried, but I know I was sad.

For the most part, movies don't really make me cry. Not that I'm some super tough guy. Far from it, but I don't get drawn into them enough to really cry. Television is another story. I think its because you get to know the characters better. A two hour movie isn't enough to really care about the characters, in my opinion...

The one movie I know I got really emotional watching was "Braveheart." I cried at the end of that one the first time I watched it. No other movie has ever made me feel the same.

Only 1 time, when I was very young.

I was 13, and I watched Gladiator alone. Somehow, that last scene...with Russel Crow standing there, near dead...just beatifull.

Then, when he falls down...they cary him away like a hero. At that moment it got the best of me.

Saving Private Ryan

Saving Private Ryan had me extremely close to tears the first time I watched it.

The one that does it every time is “Amazing Grace and Chuck.” When Chuck pays tribute to his fallen friend on the baseball diamond I still loose it. Stupid far fetched movie, but I watch it every time it is on.

Pfft. Crying is for sissies. You guys are all a bunch of sissies. :carms:

The only exception being, of course, at the end of Moulin Rouge when Satine dies in Christian's arms.

I would cry all the way through Moulin Rouge or Notebook if someone forced me to set through them.

Almost forgot when John Wayne died in the movie "The Cowboys."

The one movie I know I got really emotional watching was "Braveheart." I cried at the end of that one the first time I watched it. No other movie has ever made me feel the same.

FREEDOM!!

No one cried when Old Yeller got shot?

Nope. But then again, I've never seen the movie.

The first cars came around the late 1800's. Though there are some earlier reports of steam-powered self propelled vehicles even earlier.

I guess I was just thinking of the Model T as being the first car ever. I forgot about the steam-powered ones.

Steam power vehicles date back to the 1600s. Gas/Diesel vehicles date to the mid 1890s. The model T was merely the first automobile to be mass produced, and thereby affordable, by means of an assembly line. This was shortly after the turn of the century.

/derail

It's been mentioned before but the scene in RotK when Sam says he'll carry Frodo. ...Oh man. :ball:

And I'm not sure why but I also got a tear in my eye when they lit the signal flares across the mountains to call for help from Rohan.

No one cried when Old Yeller got shot? :eyeraise:

Hehe I must have been about 7yrs old but now that you mention it, I remember crying to "le fidèle vagabond ("the Faithful Vagabond" as it was called in French lol )

I don't cry often when I watch movies but so far those I remember shedding a tear or two for are:

The Lion King when Mufasa dies

LotR when Boromir dies

La vita è bella (Life is Beautiful) when Guido gets shot

Cyrano de Bergerac (French 1990 movie) when Christian dies and again when Cyrano dies.

Archived