Home

Movies That Make You Cry

Don Quixote

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or is this thread full of "well, I never cry" posts? Are we all so afraid to admit what softies we can be? :p

I was thinking the same thing ;) Of course, with the anonymity of the intarweb.. I guess everyone can be "macho" :xp:

Me, pfft.. I'm too old to be macho.. hell I cry if my DVR fails to record my cartoons :lol:

I was thinking the same thing ;) Of course, with the anonymity of the intarweb.. I guess everyone can be "macho" :xp:

Me, pfft.. I'm too old to be macho.. hell I cry if my DVR fails to record my cartoons :lol:

Now thanks to ChAiNz.2da and Emperor Devon I have the chorus to Macho Man ringing in my ears. I’m just glad that is all I know of the song or I really would be crying.

Personally I believe your DVR failing to record your cartoons is reason to cry.

Tears of Sadness:

Philadelphia

White Squall

Terms of Endearment

...and of course, Old yeller. :)

Tears of Inspiration:

Lean On Me

Empire of the Sun

John Q

Rudy

Tears of Laughter: (the first ever time seeing 'em)

Airplane

Eddie Murphy Delirious

Animal House

Grandma's Boy

Ah, Dead Poet's Society. Forgot about that one. :)

Oh, I forgot about Philadelphia. That one's tough for me to watch since one of my best friends died of AIDS.

Oh, French films--Danton. Danton's final speech--whew. Depardieu did a great job acting in that film.

Tears of laughter--I must have seen that seen that Airplane! a million times and I still laugh hysterically at some of the jokes. Johnny's quips, the feces hitting the oscillator, and yes, the Automatic Pilot make me double over laughing.

Other than the two movies i mentioned, my recent marathon runs of DS9 have had me crying at various points because of the strong emotions in them. Majoritively the O'Brien in distress episodes of which there is one for each season. Oh and Dax's death. I had to get out the living room quick when that happened. The end of the one where Jake Sisko is an old man also had me in tears.

Man...

Ditto on The Green Mile...i was like.."Where's my kleenex..." *sniff*

But...one movie...always makes me feel sad, although it gives me a sense of proudness to be Scottish and that is obviously Braveheart.

I remember the first time, i was clutching onto my seat when all of a sudden when you think he's going to say Mercy you just hear "Freedom!"

I remember about 10 people in the cinema just burst out crying when that happened i felt like joining them but i put on a brave face for my girlfriend :p Hey, i had to impress her. ;)

Man always gets, even when i know it's coming, i just feel so sad and yet, proud. :) "Life without freedom, is no life at all" *sigh*

well thats my essay done :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived