Home

Skin Loading Problem

IronScorpion

I recently found a model that I decided to skin, and successfully built it and got it working (as far as I can tell), but I had to load it with the /model command.

There is no icon that will let me choose the skinned model. Could any of you tell me what is wrong? I'm on a Mac, and I did the skinning using the yoda_ghost shader that I modified to shade the model as a ghost with 3 colors(for team play and free for all): green for default, red for red, and blue for blue. This is my first skin as well, and I'm worried that I got in over my head. I have a fully compiled (and uncompiled, if needed) file with the team colors, and three compiled (and uncompiled) files with the individual colors that I used to test with (though they suffer the same problem of not showing without the /model command). I would like to release this skin, but if I can't get this to show up, then I won't release it. Please help!

• 5 months later...

It sounds like you are simply missing the Icon image. You should have an icon.jpg for each color and one for default.

The image is a simple jpg, normally a shot of the figure but not always.

icon_default.jpg, icon_red.jpg, and icon_blue.jpg.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived