Home

Future of gaming?

spark91

That is friggin' insane. Just imagine the quality of games this would create, allowing you to get more 'involved' with the gameplay. I think that this sort of technology would be better applied outside of technology though, maybe through mind control of robots etc.

Is this actually legit, it seems too good to be true. If it is, roll on the future!

You're right, it's those damn cars. Now that humans and machinery have telepathic links they'll turn on us when we least expect it and slave-drive (<-- oh look I made a bad pun) us to a robotic autocracy with them as our overlords. We must destroy this abominable technology while we still can, before we are driven to such a state!!! o_Q(Oh I made one again!)
:lol: SkyNet here we come!!

I know, and I'm sure that when cars were first invented, some people hated them. I'm just one of them.

Ah, but we must learn not to be "one of them"! Since we know of our fallacy, that the bad exists and that it will pervade all that we know, we must rectify it and look forward to a brighter future. The glass may be half empty, but that's the way it's going to be. Just drink the rest. :)

I was just playing Company of Heroes, and I was thinking about this being ported to real-time strategy games. That would be freakin' awesome. Imagine your soldiers would actually flank and shoot the people that they should like you want them too!

Awh, a geek's wet dream.

Ahh!! One of my all time favourite RTS games! This would indeed be a brilliant idea, maybe porting the game to full splendorous HD 3D graphics, what an epic WWII experience that would be! :D

This sure is some interesting stuff to say the least, I'm intrigued to how far they try to stretch this technology and into what type of markets. Obviously the entertainment industry, but what about other type of industries, what about use in surgical procedures or public transport. Frankly I'm scared of what it could do there, one Freudian slip and *snip* there goes someones artery, or imagine this stuff being employed on piloting planes. Obviously they aren't going to stretch the technology too far too fast, but it's interesting to think about.

Weird control thingy + RockStar game + internet play + hotcoffee mode...

Is this the best way of population control? Cause I can see many people spending most of their spare times indoors.

On the other hand, being able to connect the device on a computer would be great. I can send my g/f a pair also. Would be nice.

The company Neurosky has developed a bio sensor and signal processing device that allows you to control electronics with your mind.

I suspect this would suffer from some of the same flaws as using speech recognition as a control scheme, with "thought pollution" where the computer responds to things you did not want it to respond to. Could be hard for people with a lot on their mind to stay focused enough for the thing to only do what they want. :)

I have mixed emotions on this.

Hand to eye isn't good enough, huh?. We have to now think to our compter?

What's next, actually plugging in like Neu?

So they find some way to hook it up to locks, and with a flick of their brain, can easily get into your house.

...and with a squeeze of the trigger, they'll be back outside again.

I suspect this would suffer from some of the same flaws as using speech recognition as a control scheme, with "thought pollution" where the computer responds to things you did not want it to respond to. Could be hard for people with a lot on their mind to stay focused enough for the thing to only do what they want. :)

Even with the expacted influences this would be a good thing. It would be fun, especially for a Jedi/Sith game.

These are all in addition to giving disabled lifeforms a better life. Maybe soon we would have enough tech to build a mech body. Just think of that wonderful scene where your pet chihuahua in a huge mecha dog armor with titanium teeth sitting in your frontyard, waiting for that postman...

Archived