Home

These should be part of Battlefront 3

Darth Sean

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really think you have much of an argument, if you dont want to buy a new console get the PC version, myself im tired of my PS2 and after playing at friends got a 360 because it was far superior i dont see why you are so stubborn, either way your going to have to get a new system to play new games, and for the price of a few new games you could buy a used console.

SWBF3 will not be on PS2 or Xbox orginal, stop debating and get a Xbox 360 used.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=43323

and if you sell your old console and games i imagine you can afford this.

What SWBF III needs is...

- Customizable Weapons Loadouts - With a little work, this would not be over powered, so don't act like it would be. COD 4 uses it, and IIRC, so does BF 2142, and works very well in both.

- Customizable Units - Doesn't need o be in, but it would be nice. Stuff like being able to be a scout trooper with an E-11, or a Rebel in gear from the Tantive IV while on Endo wouldbe fun. Sure it would ruin the canon, but that shouldn't matter in a muliplayer environment, only single player.

- Take Jedi OUT - Serious. It's been debated to death, so I'm not gonna suffer to reiterate the arguments

- More Nuances - Remember in SWBF I, when you where a Rebel Vanguard, and everytime you fired your rocket launcher once, it would fire two. Or that your sniper had a larger clip, but no 20x zoom? Little nuances like this make the game deep and fun, so why leave them out?

- SBD's Should Be Commanders - Magna Guards for commanders was stupid. They didn't have anything which makes them badass, and it made no sense for them to be fighting on the front lines. If anything, they should have been some form of "mini" heroes. SBD's could fill the role nicely, taking bits and pieces from them from other games. Make their wrist rockets good at anti-infantry, bad at vehicles, slow their gate, and maybe give them their shield from RC. That may make it sound like a Destroyer, but you'd have to be smart in how you position yourself with it, and make it so you can't move or shoot while using it.

- Standard Trade Federation Droids Should Be Basic Infantry - Wow, I suck at making bulletin titles. Anyways, make them the basic infantry, with your standard rifle, 'nades, and pistol.

- Or Make Them Interchangable Skins! - If you hate both those ideas, make them skins where you can change their loadouts.

- Darker Artistic Direction It might have just been me, but everything just felt so clean in the first two installments. Even Mygeeto, which is supposed to be a war torn planet, didn't feel gritty enough. Make the game slightly darker in feel, and make places like Theed look lived in, with stuff like trash on the ground, and trees uprooted from previous battles, and make places seem less pristine.

- DMM And Havok - Am I the only one to notice that when shot, you'd either fall on your face, or fall on your back in the same pre-rendered animations? It pissed me off, and one of my favorite things about nearly every other shooter nowadays, is pumping my opponent full of lead, watch him slump on some railing, slip through the cracks, and bounce off some rocks as he falls down. And they should add DMM becuase they can.

- Wii Version - Make the Wii's online worthwhile please...

What SWBF III needs is...

- Customizable Weapons Loadouts - With a little work, this would not be over powered, so don't act like it would be. COD 4 uses it, and IIRC, so does BF 2142, and works very well in both.

- Customizable Units - Doesn't need o be in, but it would be nice. Stuff like being able to be a scout trooper with an E-11, or a Rebel in gear from the Tantive IV while on Endo wouldbe fun. Sure it would ruin the canon, but that shouldn't matter in a muliplayer environment, only single player.

- Take Jedi OUT - Serious. It's been debated to death, so I'm not gonna suffer to reiterate the arguments

- More Nuances - Remember in SWBF I, when you where a Rebel Vanguard, and everytime you fired your rocket launcher once, it would fire two. Or that your sniper had a larger clip, but no 20x zoom? Little nuances like this make the game deep and fun, so why leave them out?

- SBD's Should Be Commanders - Magna Guards for commanders was stupid. They didn't have anything which makes them badass, and it made no sense for them to be fighting on the front lines. If anything, they should have been some form of "mini" heroes. SBD's could fill the role nicely, taking bits and pieces from them from other games. Make their wrist rockets good at anti-infantry, bad at vehicles, slow their gate, and maybe give them their shield from RC. That may make it sound like a Destroyer, but you'd have to be smart in how you position yourself with it, and make it so you can't move or shoot while using it.

- Standard Trade Federation Droids Should Be Basic Infantry - Wow, I suck at making bulletin titles. Anyways, make them the basic infantry, with your standard rifle, 'nades, and pistol.

- Or Make Them Interchangable Skins! - If you hate both those ideas, make them skins where you can change their loadouts.

- Darker Artistic Direction It might have just been me, but everything just felt so clean in the first two installments. Even Mygeeto, which is supposed to be a war torn planet, didn't feel gritty enough. Make the game slightly darker in feel, and make places like Theed look lived in, with stuff like trash on the ground, and trees uprooted from previous battles, and make places seem less pristine.

- DMM And Havok - Am I the only one to notice that when shot, you'd either fall on your face, or fall on your back in the same pre-rendered animations? It pissed me off, and one of my favorite things about nearly every other shooter nowadays, is pumping my opponent full of lead, watch him slump on some railing, slip through the cracks, and bounce off some rocks as he falls down. And they should add DMM becuase they can.

- Wii Version - Make the Wii's online worthwhile please...

Plz don't make the weapons customizable cuz indeed it is cod4 and bf2142, no films of them exist and films do exist of star wars. And in star wars all the weapons are the same, just keep it that way.

64 bots on a map is a must!!!!!

Camoflage on armor like yellow and brown on felucia and blue with white armor on the jedi temple.

And a better commander and on the pc just use the same hotkeys for a commander as in Battlefield 2, it works great!!!!

Jedi's not online but they do need to be availeble

That's it

My views differ so much from most of the suggestions on these forums.

Really all i want is a solid reliable game, i don't want giant battles or thousands of AI even if the AI act marginally intelligent.

Jedis should not be a problem, just choose a server with them off, sadly most have them on, but still there remain a few.

All LA needs to do is hit off the traditional star wars nostalgia, offer a decent game that runs smoothly. The game in its self is great, and is unique in its game play.

CoD hasn't changed greatly over the four generations, just because its been awhile since the release of SWBF2, does not mean that this game needs to be wildly different. Maybe offer a fee new options/variety of maps, and maybe a more modern battle such as destructible environments.

Plz don't make the weapons customizable cuz indeed it is cod4 and bf2142, no films of them exist and films do exist of star wars.

I never knew Starwars had films...

And multiplayer games don't usually follow film/SP canon.

And in star wars all the weapons are the same, just keep it that way.

Why, and make the game more simple minded?

64 bots on a map is a must!!!!!

What size maps are you talking about? They better be freaking massive...

All LA needs to do is hit off the traditional star wars nostalgia, offer a decent game that runs smoothly. The game in its self is great, and is unique in its game play.

CoD hasn't changed greatly over the four generations, just because its been awhile since the release of SWBF2, does not mean that this game needs to be wildly different. Maybe offer a fee new options/variety of maps, and maybe a more modern battle such as destructible environments.

Agreed. You need a poignant game, not one where the point of the game is clouded by new features. Customizables? We don't need them. The movies are made, the looks are set. A customizable Jedi, perhaps. I agree with melee attacks, since a soldier that rounds a corner and smacks into an enemy isn't going to fire, he's going to hit. And the Jedi should be MORE easily killed. An unarmored Jedi wouldn't eat a face full of buckshot and then kill the engineer. Or perhaps a couple of snipe shots...mines should definitely be jumpable and have a decreased detonation range. I'm sorry, but walking a meter away from it shouldn't set it off. Make it less heavy-engineer friendly. :maul5:

I'm skeptical of the speculation that LA is going to even make a third. Perhaps it would be a combo of 1&2 with all the new features and a campaign with both sides.

Archived