Home

Screenshot thread #2 - Come admire our secsky pictures

Maxstate

Some are nice, some In my eyes, are truly pointless (or ''meh'')

Personally I would suggest either taking a third person to screenshot. (for nicer screenshots than someone's feet obscuring the biggest part of the action)

Mainly because some of these pics aren't really flattering (lol)

Example: (You guessed it, the feet)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6617/shot1601dq0.jpg

Another suggestion (This is merely a ''secondary option'' if you can't find anyone to do the ''photoshoot'',) Is to use the camera cvars.

If you know the cheat that made you get a rotating screen with text that said "You win" or "you lose" (depending on which you used) or something like that, that cvar is controllable, so you could basically have screenshots taken from the side, without needing anyone else to take the pics.

Problem would be that unless choreographed, you'd have to pay more attention to your opponents swings as you're looking from the side (or w/e angle) rather than the front =P

Unfortunately I don't have any nice people on atm, so I guess i'll have to improvise a bit with timescale / cg_ cvars, and teh bot.

Question though, is this a subtle bump? or do you simply lack edit button skillz?

I'm posting the "best" ones that I come across from our matches, usually I take around 200 screens every 30 minutes so it's hard to dissect them. Even harder to upload them now photobucket is down.

One thing I'll say is that I in no way intend to edit these pics or choreograph anything. People need to see OJP as the game it is through my eyes, not as the game it can be via photoshop :)

Also, all screens need to go in seperate posts unless they're part of the series in the post.

Only too late did I realize, that the screenshots didn't take my brightness into account =|

Hence why these may seem to be dark. (I could see perfectly in-game, on these screenshots I had to crank up my monitor settings lol)

After gaining the power I decided to challenge Delta (To fancy screenshot making combat)

Saberlock From teh side

Which I refused to lose

In the middle of a DFA

And an aerial assault gone wrong

Walking through the fiery pits of.. fire. (Lightning replacement effect)

"Sparkle"fall

The enemy tries to hide behind his saber desperately to block my tampon smash

Another stylish jump move

And as I desperately try to force him into submission.

He fenced off all attacks and then..

the final clash

Thereafter..

The victor rises from the flames ...and slowly walks away

• 1 month later...

Just finished making a new vid thought I'd share it with everyone. Just under a minute and a half long.

Its of Bushidoboy and I strolling around Mos Eisley backstreets. We decide to spilt up and wander alone.

Bushidoboy walks into an ambush and is overwhelmed by dark Reborns.

I sense his distress and investigate....

Enjoy !!

Ambush at Mos Eisley

Just finished making a new vid thought I'd share it with everyone. Just under a minute and a half long.

Its of Bushidoboy and I strolling around Mos Eisley backstreets. We decide to spilt up and wander alone.

Bushidoboy walks into an ambush and is overwhelmed by dark Reborns.

I sense his distress and investigate....

Enjoy !!

Ambush at Mos Eisley

Thanks for making a vid! We need more of them. They really bring in players especially from youtube. The video itself is ok. Its fun to kill off the punching bag NPCs (some code we desperately need to improve) dynasty warrior style, though I think it should have ended with some kind of epic duel between you and bushido boy. ;) That weird blocking glitch over dead NPCs is kinda funny but kind of takes away from the video. Anyways, thanks for contributing. The more vids the better since it they really do OJP more justice. :)

That weird blocking glitch over dead NPCs is kinda funny but kind of takes away from the video.

Yeah, I was aware of that glitch in a few of the games I've played. I was looking to Bushidoboy for a challenge as he had his saber drawn, but he was busy looking for other reborn LOL !!

So I thought I could explain it away as posturing, similar to the scene in Episode II, where Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme are fighting for their lives in the arena.

Mace Windu surprises Count Dooku, and other jedi reveal themselves; activating their sabers, posturing and posing. Didn't quite pull it off that way, but yo...LOL !!

I'm no expert at video making, I just like to show what I find cool about OJP in this case.

I will be making more in future, but can't say when exactly. I'm working on a few other things outside of JKA and OJP. Glad a few peoples have enjoyed it all the same.

Ok JRHockney...I've managed to complete one of the intended vids.

Its the one where I saber your backside !! :giggle1: Just so everyone knows, he allowed me to LOL !! He was battering me all up and down the first 20 matches.

This time I decided to experiment with the ' cg_thirdperson ' attributes so you'll see it from a different angle.

Good thing is that you get to see the fight almost side on so movements are more dramatic.

Bad thing is that the camera angle is primarily focused on me. So there are times when you're out of view.

Let me know what you think anyhow....

-- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni --

Ok JRHockney...I've managed to complete one of the intended vids.

Its the one where I saber your backside !! :giggle1: Just so everyone knows, he allowed me to LOL !! He was battering me all up and down the first 20 matches.

This time I decided to experiment with the ' cg_thirdperson ' attributes so you'll see it from a different angle.

Good thing is that you get to see the fight almost side on so movements are more dramatic.

Bad thing is that the camera angle is primarily focused on me. So there are times when you're out of view.

Let me know what you think anyhow....

-- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni --

That was great! It really shows alot of the diversity of OJP and its exciting to watch. We need to get this on youtube as well and maybe even jk2files. Keep them coming if you can. We made alot of awsome fights that night.The only down side is losing site of me for a few cool moves, but thats ok. You actually fought in third person that time?!

You actually fought in third person that time?!

Well not the view you see in the vid. The default, behindview. I cannot get used to trueview LOOL !! I sometimes use it for comparison purposes.

About YouTube...I'll create an account with them later today and start uploading.

I'll be working on the other vids on and off as I also have other personal things I have to handle. I WILL get a good one of you winning done...to make it fair LOOL !!

Great video. I really like the camera angle, but I imagine it would be very hard to control from that position.

Would it be possible to make a demo of a battle in the normal view, and then play back the video from that angle without the hude turned on?

Great video. I really like the camera angle, but I imagine it would be very hard to control from that position.

Would it be possible to make a demo of a battle in the normal view, and then play back the video from that angle without the hude turned on?

Yup it's possible. Will attempt it in the next vid. Thought it best to keep the HUD visible should people want to know the intricacies of OJP.

I've just uploaded another vid. The fight itself is not as good as the first imo, but has an EXCELLENT example of a saber disarm towards the end.

- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni - Part 2 -

Enjoy !!

Yup it's possible. Will attempt it in the next vid. Thought it best to keep the HUD visible should people want to know the intricacies of OJP.

I've just uploaded another vid. The fight itself is not as good as the first imo, but has an EXCELLENT example of a saber disarm towards the end.

- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni - Part 2 -

Enjoy !!

Nice! Well I probably shouldnt have used one armed styles that long since you were too, but that disarm makes it all worth it. As far as views it would be cool to switch up the view during the fight for different angles.

Btw, I just found this one made by an apparently hispanic dude that uses an older version of OJP (probably around 0.0.9l-p or so, back when the combat wasnt as solid or balanced, but when it has a few useful moviemaking techniques). As far as choreographed OJP movies, this one is the best I've seen and is set to the episode 2 fights:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpuTDBMdGM

Seeing this really makes me wish we had model scaling so these guys could make a yoda fight too. We would just have to find a way to balance the combat with a smaller model.

Yeah, just watched the vid and very good it is too. I don't even know how you set about choreographing with JKA LOL !! Well I have an idea of how, but anyway.

The fight with Dooku and Yoda would be PHaT, but as you say, for authenticity, model scaling and balance would be an issue.

I've been tweaking the ' specialcam ' feature with interesting results, especially when performing the DFA move !! We'll see though.

There's another up !! Yes - Master Jon Hoc Ni kickin' my behind again. He's using the Ataru type saber style, which looks interesting as its similar to Yoda's style in his fight with Count Dooku in Episode II.

Let me know what you think....

- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni - Part 3 -

Oh yes...managed to omit the HUD and crosshair, and capture the demo at 85fps so it should look a bit smoother.

There's another up !! Yes - Master Jon Hoc Ni kickin' my behind again. He's using the Ataru type saber style, which looks interesting as its similar to Yoda's style in his fight with Count Dooku in Episode II.

Let me know what you think....

- Xirra'Karre vs Master Jon Hoc Ni - Part 3 -

Oh yes...managed to omit the HUD and crosshair, and capture the demo at 85fps so it should look a bit smoother.

Very nice. Great FPS throughout and it demonstrates successful ataru skill pretty well. Much better camera stuff this time around. Anyways, great work again and keep them coming if you can. Its fun watching these!

Archived