Home

SWBF2 1.0 or 1.1 ?

TripHammer

Which version of SWBF2 for PC do you play?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of SWBF2 for PC do you play?

• 1.0 pre-patch
    • 1.1 patched version

Which version of the PC game does everyone play? I play 1.1. I think the game plays much better with the patch. Online play smooths out a bit compared to 1.0 among other fixes. But I see some things posted here in the forum that leads me to believe that not everyone is on the patched version for PC. So this poll satisfies my curiosity :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I reinstalled my SWBF2 to a new hard drive. Just for kicks I joined the 1.0 crowd online before I patched. There's not as many players there as I thought there would be. Sure there are a bunch. But the 1.1 servers are definitely more crowded. I expected them to be more even in numbers.

I also noticed all the pings were outragous. There was only one server with a ping below 109. I'm used to half my list in the double digits or low triples. You can tell there aren't very many server companies out there that host the 1.0 game. It looked alot like a bunch of ppl running servers from their own computers.

I'm back to 1.1... home.

I liked 1.1 for the mass community thats online. I use 1.0 for Mods since with 1.0 it plays just about all modded maps without crashing. 1.1 never really did hold all the way through some modded maps. But I use 1.1 for online play and 1.0 for single player. I was able to get a program that allows me to switch, love it.

1.1 works better for me. I do crash on Mod maps if the map is unstable. I usually will stick a server up with the mod map so if anyone wants to join they can grab a game if they have the map. There are a great number of maps that have no problem at all. There are some that run unstable online but run fine in singleplayer. Then are those that crash in single player too.

I'll be honest I never ran a mod map on 1.0. I just always went and patched if I ever had to reinstall. My previous experience on 1.0 has just trained me to patch automatically I guess. :cheers:

Archived