Home

NFL 07

RevanA4

I'm melancholic about football season because I absolutely love the sport but, it also signals that the end of summer is near.

For those of you nearer the equator, that's really no big deal. But, to me here above the arctic circle, precious summer is too short.

It's still baseball season, and I usually try desperately at this time to hold on to all things summer.

...but, Da Bears are on tonight so that changes everything. :)

GO BEARS !!!

...but, Da Bears are on tonight so that changes everything. :)

GO BEARS !!!

How about them Bears…Beating the Texans by one point…Shame, Shame. At least Grossman completed 80% of his passes and did not throw an interception. One point win over the Texans even for a first preseason game is shameful.

How about them Bears…

One point win over the Texans even for a first preseason game is shameful.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but pre-season is what it is.

Most of the starting D didn't play more than a series or two and the big names didn't even dress.

Gross Rexman only played a couple of series along with the starting linemen and Benson. Lovie doesn't have the team do much tackling in camp or practice so he uses pre-season games as glorified practices.

The season's long and this is the most physically demanding sport, so I can totally agree.

Pre-season is mainly used to eval talent in both rookies and new acquisitions.

...and in the Bear's case, some returning players that were injured last season.

I usually don't care about pre-season, but I wanted to get a good look at Olsen(the Bear's secret weapon) and Devin Hester as a bonafide reciever.

Both looked sharp in limited action and I saw the best thing about a pre-season game you could ever ask for.

NO INJURIES !!!

...but, yes, the Bear's third string was only a point better than the Texan's third string and I am feeling a bit shameful. :)

I saw the best thing about a pre-season game you could ever ask for.

NO INJURIES !!!

...but, yes, the Bear's third string was only a point better than the Texan's third string and I am feeling a bit shameful. :)

Very true.

Texan fans are taking it very serious, talk radio sounds like they are ready to string up both Schaub and Kubiak. These people can not comprehend it is just preseason and does not count, but in fairness to the fan base this is the only time on year the Texans have a chance to win. When the other team does not care about winning. They are taking about Atlanta getting the better end of the deal with the Schaub trade. I’m sure with Michael Vicks current legal problems they would love to have Schaub back.

if you wanna go that far, then the cowboys third string was 10+ points better than the colts 3rd string.

but then again preseason means nothing. I just use it for data on who to pic for my fantasy team.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully, we don't have another crash...

Anywho, NFL season has officially kicked off.

'grats to the Bengals and Broncos (my two favourite NFL teams ;)) for winning. Too bad the Saints didn't win, but I kinda of expected them to lose. Maybe if it was in New Orleans, I'd have chosen the Saints to win since both teams are amongst the best teams in the league, I would think.

Though, the game that I focused on was the Cincy versus the Ravens game last night on Monday Night Football. It wasn't a great game with a plentiful amount of turnovers which didn't help the Ravens chances. The Bengals capitalized on the chances no doubt, but they could have put the game away earlier in the game if they took full advantage if it. Thankfully, the Bengals won 27-20. :)

I can't go without saying something about Ocho Cinco. :D Chad Johnson scored a 39 yard TD reception and following that, he acted in a Chad Johnson celebrated by dawning himself with a "Future H.O.F 20??" blazer. Can't wait to see what else he can pull off. :D

One of the few weekends that all my teams won. :) The Hometown Lions sneaked past the lowly Raiders by a nice performance by John Kitna (albeit with 2 turnovers) and a good debut by Calvin Johnson.

The Colts won the season opener in nice fashion as usual, not much to comment on there.

And the Bengals were in a great game last night as Commander stated. They should have put the Ravens away early but at least they got it done in the end.

And the Bengals were in a great game last night as Commander stated. They should have put the Ravens away early but at least they got it done in the end.

That was such a BS call when the refs flagged Heap for pushing off in the endzone. He barely touched the defender before he went for the ball. That TD counts, the game is tied.

I hate it when games are decided on crap ref calls.

I don't care for the Ravens either, but like I said, I just hate it when the refs cheat teams in the endzone, affecting the scoring of the game. So bogus.

I agree, I’m not a fan of the Ravens, but that does not mean I like seeing a game decided by the zebras. Too bad instant replay can’t fix extremely bad judgment calls.

The Texans have a winning record. The last two times they won their first game they were blown out in the second. Lucky Carolina Panthers.

Tennessee 1-0, Vince Young didn’t have a great day, but a win on the road is nice any way you get it. Isn’t that right Bears fans?

I don't care for the Ravens either, but like I said, I just hate it when the refs cheat teams in the endzone, affecting the scoring of the game. So bogus.

Yeah. It pisses me off as well. Even, if the call was against the Ravens, in which I don't care for either. The Bengals were lucky that call wasn't against them or it could have been a totally different game. I'm sure the next time these teams match up, the Ravens will get a call their way to even this up.

I feel likewise towards umpires in baseball. And in baseball, you can't reverse the play since whatever umpires say is usually final.

Tennessee 1-0, Vince Young didn’t have a great day, but a win on the road is nice any way you get it. Isn’t that right Bears fans?

We'll have to see how well he does in the next few games to see if he can break the Madden curse. Though, he hasn't injured him self yet. *knock on wood* He does have himself a TD btw.

what a way to start the season with a 34-7 win over the Browns. hopefully this will signal the return to greatness the Steelers lost last season. :D

Mind you, it was against the Cleveland Browns. ;)

Before I forget, what do you guys think of the Patriots' Belichick? I was listening ESPN radio last night while in bed and most of the talk was regarding Belichick and recording the opposing teams defense. And the commissioner, Roger Goodell is think of a serious punishment for this. Possibly losing a variety of draft picks. Is he being too light?

Last season, he hired somebody to video tape the Green Bay Packer's defense and he was caught giving hand signals to the Patriots and was kicked out, but was seen later taping it from the 'tunnel' and still giving signals to the Pats.

The season-opener against the Jets, the Patriots were caught and pending on what happens, some things are going to have to be discussed about this. This could also dampen the Patriot's "dynasty", if he was doing this while winning those 3 Super Bowls.

What are your thoughts? No big deal? Am I overreacting?

Kevin Everett suffered a life-threatening cervical spine injury on Sunday. While he is still in critical condition in the ICU, I heard some good news today that he moved his arms and legs, so his spinal cord may not have suffered as much damage as doctors initially feared. They believe that he will be able to walk now. Earlier they were concerned that he'd be paralyzed from the neck down, so the movement is a positive sign. :)

Mind you, it was against the Cleveland Browns. ;)
hey, any win in the NFL is an accomplishment. there is no such thing as "gimme" game in Pro Football like there is in College Ball. if you don't go out there prepared and ready to win, you very likely to get put away soundly, and i don't care how much talent your team has. an excellent example of that point is the Saints when they played Indy last week. they looked terrible, and i don't think they came to win.

hey, any win in the NFL is an accomplishment...

Do you include wins over the Texans the past five years in that statement? This year the only “gimme” I see may be the Chiefs, the Texans opponent last Sunday.

We'll have to see how well he does in the next few games to see if he can break the Madden curse. Though, he hasn't injured him self yet. *knock on wood* He does have himself a TD btw.[/Quote]He broke the SI curse while at UT, so I'm not worried (he says with his fingers and toes crossed while holding his breath).

What are your thoughts? No big deal? Am I overreacting?
Cheaters never win…Oh wait how many Super Bowl championships do the Pats have?

It has happened before and then the coaches were hailed as heroes.

December 29, 1979

AFC: Houston Oilers 17, San Diego Chargers 14 After the game, it was revealed that the Oiler coaching staff was able to figure out the Chargers' coaches' signs as they signaled the play call from the sideline; this was one reason their defensive backs seemed to always be in the right place at the right time. "We pretty much knew ahead of time when they were going to pass" said Oilers defensive coordinator Ed Biles[/Quote]

Do you include wins over the Texans the past five years in that statement? This year the only “gimme” I see may be the Chiefs, the Texans opponent last Sunday.
so the Texans 24 wins over the past 5 years were just accidents then?? by your logic, the Texans should've had a winless record over the past 5 years, and that is certainly not the case. they haven't finished with a .500 win percentage or better in any of those seasons, but they haven't gone winless in any of those seasons neither.

point is this: even when you play one of the worst teams in the NFL, you are not guaranteed a win. period. i do not care how much talent or coaching ability you have. if you're not prepared and you get ahead of yourself, you will lose.

No, I agree with any team can beat any team on any given Sunday. I was just being a smart smart alek at the Texans expense. The Texans first win over the Cowboys and their win over Miami the first game the following year proves that. As a Texans fan (I’m trying to get over that) it is hard to believe anyone other than a Texans fan would agree with that about the Texans.

If anything this College football season proves that the same goes for that level of football, even powerhouse teams can be beaten if they are overconfident and under prepared (Auburn and Michigan).

BAH! The Saints lost... they looked horrible. Their offense, supposedly number one in the league, never got on track for the second week in a row. Their defense couldn't stop the pass for anything...

The one bright spot was the Saints run defense. They were solid up front, but thats about the only good thing I can say about them...

They made Tampa Bay look like the Bucs team that went to the Super Bowl...

To Tampa's credit, they were around the ball all day. There were always at least five Bucs around which ever Saint had the ball, but still, Tampa Bay is not that good this year...

In other NFL news, I was cruising NFL.com looking at scores when this caught my eye:

Cleveland 51, Cincinnati 45

Wow! Did anyone see that game? Thats just crazy. I had to read that three times before it sank in. I thought I must have read it wrong. heh

Cincinnati scoring 45 points would have caught my eye, though they do have a really good offense. But for Cleavland to beat the Bengals when they scored 45 points! Derek Anderson scored 5 touchdowns for the Browns. He was supposed to be the number 3 quarterback heading into the season. Thats just... crazy.

Archived