Home

My final review.

Fishflesh

Dont want to troll but this is just how i feel about this game right now and how i will see this game forever, as im not intending to play it ever aigan.

Sony made the first mistake by making this game be about jedi's, wich made a lot of players grind, and stuff Jedi just sould have stayed whit perma death and no future development of jedi or the path of jedi. It realy turend the game intro a grind fest instead of a real game. Afther that it was mostly downwards whit this game, whit the CU as its main faulth.

What began as the most groundbreaking MMO to hit the net in years has become one of the most despised in the history of the industry. It just breaks my heart that something that was so promising from the beginning has been warped and distorted into something less than average even. Of course, all of this making the very utterance of the word SOE result in siezures from anyone hwo knows what horrible acts they've committed against their own community of subscribers. Someone else will come along and give us back what SWG took from us. They will reap the benefits that SOE starved itself of.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Well, I wouldn't call what you've written a 'review' - its just a direct bash at SOE. It's all old news now and frankly you've just posted probably without even playing the game in a while. Go and re-activate your account, free for 21 days and see just how far this game has come since 2005.

DMUK

Your right i have not played this game since the CU, and i know thay game has changed a lot, but thats the problem to, it changed to much that its more like some difrent game now.

I will not play the game anymore as i prommist to myself to not toch anything whit SOE involved, trough even if i wanted to try those 21 days i could not since i would have to download a huge amount of patches wich my current connection will take ages.

Altrough i still hope there will come a new starwars mmo someday from a difrent development company.

Dont want to troll but this is just how i feel about this game right now and how i will see this game forever, as im not intending to play it ever aigan.

Sony made the first mistake by making this game be about jedi's, wich made a lot of players grind, and stuff Jedi just sould have stayed whit perma death and no future development of jedi or the path of jedi. It realy turend the game intro a grind fest instead of a real game. Afther that it was mostly downwards whit this game, whit the CU as its main faulth.

What began as the most groundbreaking MMO to hit the net in years has become one of the most despised in the history of the industry. It just breaks my heart that something that was so promising from the beginning has been warped and distorted into something less than average even. Of course, all of this making the very utterance of the word SOE result in siezures from anyone hwo knows what horrible acts they've committed against their own community of subscribers. Someone else will come along and give us back what SWG took from us. They will reap the benefits that SOE starved itself of.

Use the Search button next time, There are plenty of topics that are like this. and like Darth said this isnt even a review

What began as the most groundbreaking MMO to hit the net in years has become one of the most despised in the history of the industry.

As someone who followed SWG way back in Alpha, I can tell you this is very true. I still remember when the Devs dropped the bomb shell about Starting Professions, and the community being outraged of SWG moving to a "class-based" game. Too bad they never saw NGE in '02.

I agree with DMUK, it's not a review, just a rant. And, let me say, that the old features of what made SWG great, are still in-game, you just have to look for them.

Last year, the summer after NGE hit, I reinstalled SWG, excited that I could finally be Jedi without the grind. I bought the resources, dinked around, left after a week or so. Why did I leave? Not because I didn't have the expansions, but because, well, all my old friends were gone. So, I thought, meh, I'll go back to LotRO beta and try out WoW.

This summer, I figured I'd give SWG another go. The second day of logging in, I take a stroll into Theed cantina and who do you think greets me? Kioet', the former -A- member from back in the day. We shoot the breeze for a while and he invites me to his PA and player city, at the time. Since then, he's introduced me to many people, who have replaced my -A- friends of old, and we've had plenty of late night chats.

The point to all of this is simple. SWG is what you make of it. Many SWG players have played the much more polished WoW, but found it empty and shallow. SWG may have broken mechanics, but its community is in prime condition.

Dismissed.

Archived