Home

Culpability in Palpatine's death

Nancy Allen``

I think the answer to this is that it was all due to the Emperor but I'll raise it anyway. Mara Jade blamed Luke for killing the Emperor. However if that was her problem with him there was quite a bit of blame to go around. Vader actually directly killed the Emperor. Lando flew into the Death Star to destroy it. Piett crashed the Executer which probably would have done the same job. The Rebel pilots who deactivated the ship's shields or crashed into the bridge, the strike team on Endor, ironically had Luke chosen to continue his Jedi training nothing would have changed. Had anything like that been raised at all?

A classic question.

Well, Destroying the Death Starprobably will not kill the Emperor. There is enough time for escape, as shown by Luke and Vader. Obviously, please ignore the possability of IG-88 locking Down and destroying every ship and escape pod.

So really, Palpy is killed by the father and son tag team. Obviously by the time Jade is out for revenge Vader is impossable to be killed, so Luke becomes the only target left.

I think the answer to this is that it was all due to the Emperor but I'll raise it anyway. Mara Jade blamed Luke for killing the Emperor. However if that was her problem with him there was quite a bit of blame to go around. Vader actually directly killed the Emperor. Lando flew into the Death Star to destroy it. Piett crashed the Executer which probably would have done the same job. The Rebel pilots who deactivated the ship's shields or crashed into the bridge, the strike team on Endor, ironically had Luke chosen to continue his Jedi training nothing would have changed. Had anything like that been raised at all?

If I'm reading your statement correctly, Palpatine's death was the result of several moving events. Vader killed Palpatine directly, and Luke talked him into turning. Thus, one could conclude that Luke was involved. If Palpatine was on the Death Star when it blew up, the Rebels would have been responsible for his death. Mara Jade blammed Luke because she was misslead by a vision. She didn't know the whole truth untill much later.

Nice question though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived