Home

After I left Leviatan, nothing works!

Anglu

Hi, there! I don't know if anyone already asked this, i didn't find it. So if there is already a thread like this, please forgive me.

This happened about three times in a row: I play normally until the Leviatan-quest. Everythin's fine until I leave the Leviatan and talk to my Partymempers. At the end of this talk, you're supposed to ask all of them, if they still follow you and the question for Carth is missing. I simply can't talk to him. Then, when this chat ends, nothing changes. I can talk to everyone only once, ant the don't tell me anything new, except of Canderous, who says something like "Nothing works, we should find a way out of here!" Well, I'd like to, but I can neither fly to some planet nor leave the ship (when I try this, everything is suddenly black). Other strange things: Juhani dissappeared, the workbench and the hyperdrive vanished, I have three swoops instead of only one and the gizkas were gone as well. I just can run around on the Hawk and do nothing.

Does anyone know how I can get out of there or how I can avoid this?

Oh, and my brother just told me that it happened to him, too, so it isn't a Mac-phenomenon.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, there! I don't know if anyone already asked this, i didn't find it. So if there is already a thread like this, please forgive me.

This happened about three times in a row: I play normally until the Leviatan-quest. Everythin's fine until I leave the Leviatan and talk to my Partymempers. At the end of this talk, you're supposed to ask all of them, if they still follow you and the question for Carth is missing. I simply can't talk to him. Then, when this chat ends, nothing changes. I can talk to everyone only once, ant the don't tell me anything new, except of Canderous, who says something like "Nothing works, we should find a way out of here!" Well, I'd like to, but I can neither fly to some planet nor leave the ship (when I try this, everything is suddenly black). Other strange things: Juhani dissappeared, the workbench and the hyperdrive vanished, I have three swoops instead of only one and the gizkas were gone as well. I just can run around on the Hawk and do nothing.

Does anyone know how I can get out of there or how I can avoid this?

Oh, and my brother just told me that it happened to him, too, so it isn't a Mac-phenomenon.

When you do the cut scene when leaving the Leviathan, you're on a different module that looks like the Ebon Hawk. It won't function like it, so that is why its missing parts.

See when you're traveling the galaxy, the module used for the Ebon Hawk is "ebo_m12aa". When you do the cut scene when escaping the Leviathan, you're using the "ebo_m40ad" module. The only other time you use a different Ebon Hawk module when navigating the galaxy is on the Unknown World, which uses the "ebo_m41aa" module. All other modules for the Ebon Hawk are stunt modules. That is why they have your party members in a circle instead of being spread out in the ship when using the "ebo_m41aa" module. So if you put any items in the cargo hold containers, they won't be available to retrieve if you are on the Unknown World. You will have to wait till you get on the Star Forge to get them back.

So yeah, you're stuck on that module. Juhani is not part of that scene, so yeah she's not going to be there. Did you try going to your party selection menu. Try that out. :xp:

Just curious, do you have by any chance a "ebo_carth.utc" file in your override folder?

• 3 weeks later...

If it's not that particular file, it could be a conflict somewhere else. I've had similiar problems in the past when I've had a bunch mods in the OR folder. Have you tried dumping your OR folder and replaying from the last save to see if it makes a diff? May or may not, but till someone says differently, might be worth a try. I never ended up working a similiar problem out, just had to toss the game and start from scratch.

Hmm, it's been a while since I played completely mod-free...

okay, I'll try this when I reach this scene next time - after this happened three times in a row I deleted all saved games and started a new game, hoping this would make a difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived