Home

Grim Fandango for PSP...?

lookoutbelow

Hey guys,

I was recently surfing the internet and found out that lot's of people custom built software to run games on their psp's. Games like Abe's Oddysee, some Final Fantasy's and many others. They put it on their Memory Stick and play. I know that those games were for PSX originally but isn't there someone who can maybe alter Grim Fandango just a bit... with just a little torque job.. to let it out the scene.. you know? (Or how did Glottis say it ;) )

Seems like a good idea. :D Grim Fandango would be well suited to the PSP since thanks to its control scheme, funnily enough! Lots of older adventure games couldn't really work on the PSP because they use a mouse for pointing and clicking (although they have found a home on the DS).

• 3 months later...
Please...someone tell me if they get it working on the PSP...that'd be the only thing that would make me buy one.

The only thing remotely near to this would be Scummvm for the psp But sadly Grim Fandango is not using the scumm engine it uses the GrimE engine the same with Escape from Monkey Island so they haven't got it to work and never will as its to technical but there is a sub project called Residual which is aiming for it. You can read about it here:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Residual

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You can get Grim Fandango for the PS?? :o I only had it for PC. I Might try and see if I can get hold of a copy then I can have a go at converting it to be used on the PSP.

No dude didn't even remotely read any of these posts? Mine is more informative:

"The only thing remotely near to this would be Scummvm for the psp But sadly Grim Fandango is not using the scumm engine it uses the GrimE engine the same with Escape from Monkey Island so they haven't got it to work and never will as its to technical but there is a sub project called Residual which is aiming for it."

• 10 months later...

I think GF would be a great addition to the PSP. Whom in my opinion is severely lacking quality games. I have a PSP, and I have gone through 3 of them so far. The first two that I have been through were exchanged under the manufacturer's warranty. The third one, I had bought through Sony as a refurb because my PSP had gone out of warranty.

The problem that I have had with my PSP's was the analog stick.

I use mine for movies on the go, music, and since my grandma doesn't understand the world of internet or email. I bring photos to show her of my cousin's children.

It was a good idea, but imo not very well thought out with functionality.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It sounds like maybe you don't know about ScummVM nor about Residual. If that's so, then you should.

ScummVM will play all the LucasArts adventure games from Maniac Mansion through The Curse of Monkey Island (plus a lot of non-LEC games), and has been ported to several consoles.

Residual was spun off from ScummVM. It's very, very alpha. Currently it supports crashing Grim Fandango. Eventually it will support crashing Escape from Monkey Island. Someday it'll support playing those games (and others). No ports have been produced yet but probably will be some day.

Archived