Visas Or Handmaiden?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Visas Or Handmaiden?

• Visas
    • Handmaiden

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what we need? We need a couple of bodybuilder types in the game. People always go for that supermodel, make-Calista-Flockhart-look-overweight look. How about someone who has the build to be able to do some of the strength based feats? A soldier's body. A commando's body. Where you only got to look at the arms to know they can muscle a lightsaber through their opponent better than any Jedi.

rachelmclish1ow6.jpg

Tssh, screw all that. What we need is obese monks and mutants with 50 extra chromosomes and fifteen fingers.

They really need to give someone a robotic hand. Not a repulsor arm, but a Luke/Anakin-style mechanical hand. But that's off topic.... About Visas and Handmaiden, I didn't really like Handmaiden's clothing. Everything was white with her. Why's everything got to be white with her? Black not good enough?

About Visas and Handmaiden, I didn't really like Handmaiden's clothing. Everything was white with her. Why's everything got to be white with her? Black not good enough?

Probably because she's so albino-pale that the contrast with dark clothing would be too great. She'd look pale as a corpse. That, and it's better camouflage with white clothing if she wanted to go for a walk in the Telos polar regions. :)

Or to try to resemble the color of the robes of her mistress, Atris. I liked her normal clothing better when she falls to the dark side, shes one of the characters that don't change much.

She does seem to wear force absorbing clothes. Most of the darkside energies seemingly gets stuck in her clothes, coloring them black and not leaving enough to turn her face into the customary undead zombie look. :)

Seems just as incredulous that she'd have packed a set of dark clothing when sneaking aboard the Ebon Hawk for the eventuality that she'd get turned to the dark side during the trip. :)

Probably because she's so albino-pale that the contrast with dark clothing would be too great. She'd look pale as a corpse. That, and it's better camouflage with white clothing if she wanted to go for a walk in the Telos polar regions. :)

I still think she's racist, but that seems logical.

I'm watching her closely my next playthrough, though...

Well, in a DSM game give Brianna her default outfit and see for yourself. Plus, if she is really racist her hood would be pointy like a bedsheet.

Oh, for the bodybuilder type. Unfortunately under old k1/k2 system this would require building a specific body model for this, including outfit variants. Plus, most extreme bodybuilder females would NEED implants to have boobies, not too attractive for the masses w/o them. Remember, as realistic as we hope things will be we are talking about a sci-fantasy world, so people being more ideal in looks and things are good, but sticks aren't beautiful to many I think. I mean, "if i want a girlfriend with the body of a 14 year old boy i would..." you get the picture. Plus, bamboo trees are much lower maintinance than a girlfriend. Not to mention creating the next generation of stick-girls...

But a slightly more muscular/chubby bodytype would work well, same for males for that matter Good thing about is that slight yet obviously visible bodytype variants would add flavor to the game, and also usable for npc. You ton't see conan bodys and model-stick girls running around in the galaxy far far away everyday, but an obviously muscular person will tell you that he wacks you HARD, and the stick-girl will tell you she needs sammiches. Its both more fun rp-wise and visually, w/o much work I hope.

I'm watching her closely my next playthrough, though...

Me too!

52npehj.gif

^^^

THAT'S how my Exile deals with the situation!

How about a Hutt for a female character, would that be good enough?

Hutts can mate with themselves if you catch my drift... kinda like a snail... :naughty:

Back on topic:

Visas straight-up has more style than Brianna. Plus... whenever I play with Visas... she absolutely pwns the competition. She's the powerhouse of my group. Although, gameplay is too tractable to be used as an example of who's stronger.

Visas, dark and mysterious. I've always liked the Miralukans, like Jerec from Jedi Knight, they may be blind but certainly make up for that in strength of character and are pretty intersting characters IMO.

Me too!

52npehj.gif

^^^

THAT'S how my Exile deals with the situation!

:lol: That's perhaps bad designing on Obsidian's part, if Brianna's hood would have been any more pointed i think Obsidian would have had to make more "cuts" to the game than they had already done previously.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually prefer Handmaiden. She actually has some interesting stories, and I like training her in the ways on the force. And I like seeing Atris go nuts.

And Visas never shuts up about Darth Nihlus and Katarr, but I don't care. She's a blind oaf who couldn't hit a Rancor if it was standing right in front of her. I think my reasons are clear why I choose Handmaiden.

This one votes for Visas. :thmbup1: As far as I'm concirned, she is better, not only becuase I think every Miraluka but Master Q'anilia ( :barf: ) is cool. I heartily agree with Emperor Devon and Weave. I don't like several things about both characters such as Brianna's lack of modesty and Visas's ruthlesness, but I think Visas has a better and more developed personality. She also has her own comic book (Sar Wars Tales #23 Unseen, Unheard) let's see the Handmaiden beat that. As far as Brianna's outfit change is concirned isn't it possible that once she is evil she just turns her outfit inside out? :yoda3

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

And Visas never shuts up about Darth Nihlus and Katarr, but I don't care. She's a blind oaf who couldn't hit a Rancor if it was standing right in front of her. I think my reasons are clear why I choose Handmaiden.

After the practical essays that me and ED wrote... I think your "reasons" are pretty blurry and far from clear. Not that I'm criticizing you (well, maybe I am...)... but I'm sure you can do better and give us some REAL reasons as to why Brianna is better.

Brianna never shuts her pie-hole about Atris! And she never ceases to stop talking about the Echani "arts"...

blah blah blah... I don't trust Visas... blah blah blah... she's evil... blah blah blah... Atris... blah... Echani... blah blah blah... Battle... blah blah blah... Jedi... yada yada, so on and so forth...

I think Brianna's the obvious complainer who never shuts up.

Also, Exile's the one who makes Atris crazy... sure... Brianna causes her to feel jealous, but you know what? Exile's the one who shattered miss Ice Queen's heart. (*ahem* well... Atris more accurately broke her own heart)...

Plus, I think Kreia and Visas plainly say that they can see. And since Kreia is also virtually blind, you'd be making fun of her as well... which makes it completely pointless to say that Visas is blind. I do realise that you're using hyperbole and some extent of humor but come on... your reasons are extreamly iffy and do not support Handmaiden at all.

I actually prefer Handmaiden. She actually has some interesting stories

Well... she's spent her life in that ice academy as far as we know (after living with her father assumably)... she hops onto the Ebon Hawk and excuses herslf as an "ally"... she travels and whatnot... talks about her father... (not nearly as interesting as complete planetary genocide, mind you)... learns Jedi crap (skip ahead a few planets)... takes DARTH TRAYA straight to the easily manipulated Atris, kills her sisters... then gets her butt whooped by the ice queen while exile saves the day (easily beating Atris I might add)... then... that's about it...

Then again... Visas is the sole survivor of a complete planetary genocide, she becomes bonded and assumably apprentice to Darth Nihilus, she senses the Exile from across the galaxy and then attacks him on his ship... Then she joins the team... goes through the galaxy whooping butt... confronts her most dreaded fear (Nihilus) and alongside the Exile... beats the bastard to a pulp. Let me remind you that Visas is bonded to Nihilus... a completely horrid thing of pure evil... she must have been scared $h!#^*$$

I think Visas' story is a tad bit more interesting than Brianna's ;)

Plus, Visas confronted Nihilus (her greatest fear basically... because she couldn't stand to lose the Exile)... she held her own and didn't get killed, or knocked unconscience (like Brianna did... while facing an incredibly weaker opponent). I think I can say thrice more that... Visas is a stronger individulal than Brianna is, in MANY different ways... strength of will, tenacity, and knowledge in the Force are obvious ones.

She also has her own comic book (Sar Wars Tales #23 Unseen, Unheard) let's see the Handmaiden beat that.

Yup :lol:

LA may make a Brianna one though... but Visas was definitely first! :D

She's a racist, I tell you. A SLAVE OWNER!

Yup... I wonder if her make-up foundation is EXTRA light... ya know... it gives her the pale look. And I doubt that staff of hers is used for combat!!!

"Your name is Toby!!!"

*crack*

"BAOOO-DDDUUUURRR!!!"

I go with both. They're both interesting, they can teach you a few things and they're loyal to your PC. And they can both be easily influenced, even if I always tend to go LS. what else d you want?

I don't see where is the point on arguing about this.

I don't see where is the point on arguing about this.

'Cause there's way too many Brianna fan-fics out there... and if it wasn't interesting... then people wouldn't be posting/debating now would they? And it's the same (if not more meaningful) than the Mira/Bastila thread... or the "who's hotter" thread and all those... which have attracted many viewers and sparked many discussions...

And the Telos Tourist Bureau is MEANT for discussing TSL and it's characters... which Visas and Brianna happen to be... OMG!!! :rolleyes: And if you thought there was no point in arguing about it... why'd ya post? :rolleyes:

:lol: This quote is commended as super duper by Modest Mouse.

Pfff... I'm just in a sour/cynical mood... this week's been hectic for me... :p

:lol: You can thank Roots for my inspiration... and Kunta Kinte... for giving me another reason as to why I should become an equally bonafide Bao fan-boy... while giving credit to my Visas die-hardness... :p

Granted, her body would probably be decorated with cuts and scars and metal bits

So does probably the Exile, being a war veteran of the Mandalorian Wars. I doubt a "lead from the front" general would come through such a brutal war entirely physically unscathed. :)

Pfff... I'm just in a sour/cynical mood... this week's been hectic for me... :p

:lol: You can thank Roots for my inspiration... and Kunta Kinte... for giving me another reason as to why I should become an equally bonafide Bao fan-boy... while giving credit to my Visas die-hardness... :p

Chop off your foot much?

Well, she earns me my interest by doing that actually, as well as her more stylish undies. Granted, her body would probably be decorated with cuts and scars and metal bits worthy for more than a few hot sexy series on Suicide Girls.

Though Kreia does not wear the outfit also...

I didn't think she would care about that. Plus, her body isn't cut up when she's in her normal underwear, so...

Archived