Home

The Official College Thread (aka I'm putting off packing my clothes)

Mike Windu

Woo woo, anyone starting college soon? :)

Tonight is the last night I'm in my house. I'm trying to pack all my clothes and games and general college stuff that I'll need. It's not going very well cause I'm a girl with too many clothes...

But anyway. I know a coupla swampies are also heading off to correge like myself. I'm going to Rhodes College which is an amazing college! I'm happy to be there and happy I got in. :D

Where you guys shipping off to?

High School. Junior Year :|

Yeah, same here.

For college though, just expect to be perpetually poor until well after you graduate. That's not including, of course, if you abuse your credit card like a cheap hooker in GTA: then you're going to pay the debt off with the pennies in your eyes.

I'm moving in the 22nd. I'll be going to Grand Valley State which is on the west side of the state so its about 3 hours away from home. Gonna be studying Information Systems. I'm kinda looking forward to it, some people I know that go there tell me how much they like it and how glad they are that they went there. Hope its the same for me. :)

Seems like we have a good number of swampies in our class. Like you said I know there are more heading off to college this year.

Junior College for me. I'm not sure how that works out in the American system, but I'm in the 11th Grade according to you yanks, I think. College started a couple weeks ago and the campus is great. I'm at a place called Bhavan's College, which is a bus ride away from here. The teaching is terrible, though. Poor ventilation and all the teachers somehow have worse English than the ones at school!

I go to supplementary Coaching Classes (or tuitions, as they are called sometimes) which serve like second schools in that they teach better, have better facilities yada yada, but don't give you a degree or anything. Its ****ing annoying to run from home to class to home to college to class (during additional lectures) to home. :(

They say here that college life is all fun and games. Yeah, up yours, biatch.

Bah I say at perpetually poor. If you graduate you'll be fine paying off stuff.

Unless of course you're going to med school like I might be... I'll be poor till I get a private practice or become resident advisor..

at which point I will find a pale Jewish kid to call Beyonce. :D

I'm actually starting up an accredited college, with a group of other gentlemen, this year for teens wanting to get assorted engineering degrees in Missouri. I'm doing this while I myself am finishing (or getting close to finishing) my own degree in electronics engineering.

And no, unfortunately I'm not kidding. emot-pseudo.gif

Good luck with that Rhett, we all know how good you are at organizing illegal slave rings.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyhoo, my classes start the 28th, with English 100 and some random music appreciation class (need an arts class for the assosciates degree I'm working towards :\). Gonna do 2-some years at community/junior college for my associates and then 2-some more years at UNLV for my bachelors :)

Umm, senior year at high school, whoo-hoo! Basic Guitar and Sci-Fi/Fantasy class. I have no idea what that one is going to be about, but one of the requirements for reading was Lord of the Rings, which I already knocked off the last month of junior year.

Also, you people are getting so old. :' (

Sophomore in high school...

and down in Arizona school starts on August sixth, so I've been in school for a while. Cross country also starts on the first day but I did the summer running deal...6-10 miles (varsitylol) in this ridiculous heat is pure torture.

Wow...Arizona. How early/late do you run? I guess I'm lucky to live in Connecticut, where it rarely exceeds 90 F.

Contrary to what some may believe, I'm only starting high school this year. (a.k.a. I am a freshman)

I'll be a sophmore in college but i'm not going anywhere, i go to a local branch of kent st. But i have more freedom than if i lived in a dorm, my girlfriend and i just rented a duplex before summer. Due to my full-time job being dayturn i can only pick up a few classes so that kinda sucks. Good luck to all you going off to college for the first time, leaving the house will be an experience you won't soon forget.

Well I'm all moved in now. The room is incredibly small but I have it set up pretty well. My roommate isn't here yet, I guess he's coming tomorrow. I really with I had a laptop, it was a bitch setting up my desktop. Theres no room for the case anywhere and my monitor doesn't fit under the shelving they have on the desk. Eventually I got it all to fit but its pretty crammed. I think classes start on Monday so until then we have to go to this transitions thing, kind of like an orientation. But besides that we have all day to do whatever we want until then.

Archived