Home

is anyone else getting the r2-kt?

hellhawk

is anyone else getting the r2-kt? i am. i read the story in the latest star wars insider and it was really inspiring. plus, it will be a great edition to my small (but growing!) astro droid collection. for any1 who dosen't get insider the 7 year old daughter of the man who thought of the 501st daughter died of brain cancer. her name was katie and they made an astro droid and named it after her. the r2-kt (see katie-kt) katie always wanted to see walt disney land and make a wish foundation made that come true. the 501st came to hasbro and now you can buy your very own R2-KT at starwarshop.com for 10 dollars. also this story inspired hasbro and lucasfilm so much, they donated $100000 to make a wish foundations south carolina and san diego. i also am buyiny this because make a wish helped my brother, who fortunently survived cancer.im not sure if any of the cash gose to make a wish but i sure hope so.

I honestly didn't know about this story until you posted about it. Thank You so much.

Did a little Googling and found out there's an entire site devoted to it (and of Katie).

If you'd like to learn more, check out the page. Pretty kewl articles on the Birth of a droid, the Hasbro announcement, plus photos of the assembly of the item in China.

http://www.r2kt.com/

• 1 month later...

Archived