Home

Battlefront 3 concept

Darth Loner

What do you think is the most needed feature in SWBF3?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the most needed feature in SWBF3?

• The ability to outfit your soldier
    • Some film-based weaponry
    • The ability to give commands to squads of soldiers
    • Ships that can flush out everyone around a C/P
    • Purposes for ship subsystems

I would suggest some type of space vehicle that could swoop down on land and kill everyone near a command post for example. This could make a command post capture easy, but it would make keeping it harder.

The squad commands DEFINITELY need an upgrade, for instance commands like "charge" or "guard" or maybe even "capture nearest command post" or "form a squad".

Also the droids need some remodeling in the weapons area, maybe they could show the weapons used in the film, like the MagnaGuard Electrostaff.

There should also be heroes that have AI and go out into the battlefield killing everything that moves.

There could be a couple more maps like Geonosis. There could also be Bespin Cloud City and the Naboo Palace, along with the Naboo Gungan Battle and some enlarged ship interiors.

Capital ships should have a purpose for their systems, like if you destroy life support the ship is destroyed, if you destroy the ship engines the ship stops moving, if you destroy the sensors the ship guns stop firing and if you destroy the communications the ships become disorganized. It's stuff like this that makes the game fun.

Space battles should not be focused around two C.S. There should be an entire battlefield of ships fighting ships. That way it is not simply picking up a bomber, destroying C.S. systems and woohoo you've won.

As for flight, jet troopers, dark troopers and especially Geonosians shouldn't have a short flight limit. Come on, wings that run out of fuel??! :lol:

Command Posts should have some defenses like walls and turrets and maybe a few mines here and there.

After you choose your class, you should be presented with an armory of weapons and armor suitable for that class, for instance, I have selected a Clone Trooper. I am now presented with:

Weapons:

Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Ion Rifle, Disruptor Rifle, Wrist Blades

Armor:

Clone Trooper Standard Armor, Assault Armour, Heavy Assault Armor, Heavy Armor, Blaster Absorption Armour

Grenades:

Thermal Detonator, Concussion Grenade, Plasma Grenade, Gas Grenade

Mines:

Gas Mine, Plasma Mine, Sonic Mine, Frag Mine.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would suggest some type of space vehicle that could swoop down on land and kill everyone near a command post for example. This could make a command post capture easy, but it would make keeping it harder.

SWBF1 had the sniper turret that could be used to call in a strike from some orbiting ship. They got rid of it in SWBF2 because of all the spamming of the strike turret I assume.

The squad commands DEFINITELY need an upgrade, for instance commands like "charge" or "guard" or maybe even "capture nearest command post" or "form a squad".

Yea.. they were better in SWBF1. But then they released Republic Commando and I guess seen no use for it in SWBF2. They are still there in PC version of SWBF2. Depends on what you're trying to do.. In space mode, getting in a shuttle and pressing "F4" loads the shuttle up with AI. Asking for supplies via "F6" ("MEDIC!") will usually encourage engineers to drop supplies for ya.

Also the droids need some remodeling in the weapons area, maybe they could show the weapons used in the film, like the MagnaGuard Electrostaff.

There could be a couple more maps like Geonosis. There could also be Bespin Cloud City and the Naboo Palace, along with the Naboo Gungan Battle and some enlarged ship interiors.

It seems to me that giving the Magna Guard a Magna Staff in SWBF2 was a natural.. I don't know why they didn't do it. I believe there are mod maps available for PC that allows for this with the Magna guard. There are definitely maps that include Bespin City and other maps at GAMETOAST. For PC anyway...

Capital ships should have a purpose for their systems, like if you destroy life support the ship is destroyed, if you destroy the ship engines the ship stops moving, if you destroy the sensors the ship guns stop firing and if you destroy the communications the ships become disorganized. It's stuff like this that makes the game fun.

Space battles should not be focused around two C.S. There should be an entire battlefield of ships fighting ships. That way it is not simply picking up a bomber, destroying C.S. systems and woohoo you've won.

In SWBF2, in single player mode, it is essentially ships fighting other ships.. frigates etc... But even in multiplayer mode there is some limited fighting going on between them. With Capital Ships if you knock out the auto-turret defenses.. the guns do stop.. not from the frigates but from the CS... if you take out the shields.. the shields go down making the other systems vulnerable from the outside. Knocking out the engines is kind of a moot point because the capital ships don't move.. just the frigates. but I would agree that purpose for Life Support and engines would be a nice addition.

Adding the ability to outfit your character might be nice. But there's a lot of variables to take into account when you add that kind of feature into a game.

I'd be happy with whatever they come up with I guess. I'd REALLY like to see STABLE online game play. Lag is way too much of a problem in the PC version of SWBF2 no matter how fast your connection or how souped up the computer your using. I'd like to see myself hit someone on my screen and indeed they are hit in the game... repeatedly... consistant.. no lag.

What i meant by:

is that you have got whole fleets of C.S., not just one fighting another, like you are shown in the space battle in the beginning of S.W.3.

I'd like to see the devs take some notes from other games where as you can outfit your soldier like Rainbow Six (weapons / outfits), have terrain (battle areas) like Warhawk (this way air combat will flow with the ground combat), and lagless servers like Resistance Fall of Man.

Space battles are and were nice in SWBF2, but to mix it up a bit, like a real scale (or semi close) Cloud City, Mos Eisley, Corasant, Hoth, and Endor, where real air support can win a battle. It's harder to pull off in single player as most AI ride the short shuttle to work and you really can't rely on them for assistance, but it would make huge strides in the online side.

I'm all for more space battles, but it would be nice to have a full out war. :urpdude:

yes i agree. very hard choices.

i'd have to say squad commands like "infiltrate" or "defend" or "stand your ground" or even "fall back to last command post". in swbf 1 you could only command two men to follow you. you could tell lots to hold position. and when you where in a ship everyone would pile in when you told them to. in swbf 2 there was an upgrade. i think swbf 3 call for a major control upgrade. nothing to much like fire on that person...

By the sounds of it, Darth Loner is probably thinking along of the lines on being able to play all over Coruscant. Essentially, what we see in the films as well as EU, etc.

If that were to happen, I would think the whole game would played in Coruscant if that were to happen. Otherwise, I'd be skeptical about that idea. I doubt that the idea is being hardly considered when there is many other planets to battle on.

Coruscant is absolutely huge. A planet that is completely covered as a city. Considering the size of any map already included in SWBF2 or SWBF1.. they only represent "slivers" of the entire planet. To create an entire map of the planet would be a huge endeavor.

I like the idea. I love coruscant. In the PC version, there's a mod map "Coruscant Streets" at GameToast. Great map and it is a big one. But even that is basically just a few city blocks. You have to load it up with bots to make a good game of it. If you don't load it up with bots... you spend too much time looking for targets and the CP's are too easy to take. That's one problem with huge maps.

You COULD solve the problem of getting around the planet by introducing flying vehicles in the maps like they had in SWBF1. But you're also introducing a vehicle noob factor which might ruin the game play on the ground...

I guess the real question would be "how much to scale would the map be?". One person's entire planet might be just a "representation" of the planet to another.

The problem with planet, or even major city sized maps, is that you run into matrix online syndrome, where there everything that isnt necessary to explore, like floors 2+ in buildings are kept almost completely empty just to keep loading times within an hour and have the game come out before then next century.

• 2 weeks later...
They need to bring back oribital bombardment. I loved that option.

That was spammed so much in SWBF1. It was fun the first 2 times I used it. Then I realized it's not much of a "game" when a ship in orbit clears a cp for you... the shine wore off quick. I liked the fact that they replaced this with the auto-turret for the sniper. It's a bit more balanced.

Archived