Home

Battlefront 3 concept

Darth Loner

What do you think is the most needed feature in SWBF3?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the most needed feature in SWBF3?

• The ability to outfit your soldier
    • Some film-based weaponry
    • The ability to give commands to squads of soldiers
    • Ships that can flush out everyone around a C/P
    • Purposes for ship subsystems

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sorry that i took a long time to reply, I have just had an appendectomy and was hospital-bound. As for full-scale Coruscant, I still think you should at least have 50-60 blocks.

This still has the whole lag vs emptiness problem, one that has plagued Dann Boeings last 2 maps IMO.

See with a 60 block map and just enough other players(human or ai) not to rape your computer, is not going to have much fighting, mostly just walking and looking for enemies. To solve that, you would have to raise the player count, and then all of a sudden, its turned into coursant: The Powerpoint. neither options are very fun, and until we all start using super computers, neither will work.

yeah destructive enviroment all the way

like making a run on a imperial cruiser. ha. with explosions instead of nothing

yeah I think at the start up of a battle (select battle then type then time era) there should be another option explosive environment where you can destroy stuff but only in instant action. explosive environment like in the game 'black' where windows can smash and walls can crumble and rocket launchers leave crators. wow that would be so cool

• 6 months later...
ya, that would be awesome if you could create a crater with a rocket launcher!!!

yea there are enough rocket, det spams.

For those of you who want big maps, just DL a mod and play singleplayer or with a friend but large maps are not the path of a FPS.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be nice if you could take a speeder, etc. And fire out of it with your own gun. Also, if you could take ships such as the tri-fighter close to the planet, that'd be cool. Or a map with ships fighting withing planetary atmosphere. My favorite idea of all: multiplayer Galactic Conquest. Two people as the Overlords, the rest of the players advising and helping fight. You could have more effective clan fights that way.

My favorite idea of all: multiplayer Galactic Conquest. Two people as the Overlords, the rest of the players advising and helping fight. You could have more effective clan fights that way.

But you can play multiplayer on galactic conquest....i've done it before...i own SWBF II for Xbox, and you can!!.....

plus, wouldn't it get boring to play as a helper, or boring to play as an overlord???

I own the PC version, and for that, you can't. And no, if there was some way to set up a continuous game where you could leave off and pick back up (again, for running matches on a schedule), you could fight one or two battles and leave it at that.

I'd like to see the devs take some notes from other games where as you can outfit your soldier like Rainbow Six (weapons / outfits),

I really like that idea. Maybe not make the customization so deep like COD4 or Rainbow because that will stray away from the original battlefront concept, but add just add different outfit choices and weapons for a class. For example, a Clone Trooper could:

-Choose between a rifle, carbine or shotgun for a primary

-Choose between two sorts of pistol for a secondary

-Choose between Thermals, EMPs or Concussion 'nades

-Choose the appearance of their helmet, colored strips and stuff.

Of course, everything will have to be balanced so you won't create an uber trooper.

• 1 month later...

what i like to see is a more custom galactic conquest.

what i mean is: you chose your hero as the general

you get a some credits and you need to build your army.

for example:

i'll buy 100 clone troopers.

i'll buy 50 clone troopers

i'll buy 60 snipers troopers

i'll build 5 AT-TE's

i'll build 55 AT-RT's

i'll build 5 venator class capital ships

i'll build 15 acclamator frigates

i'll build 55 arc 170 fighters

and then a sniper trooper would take longer then a clone trooper. but a venator class capital ship is taking the longest.

and move-able command points. (also in skirmish)

example:

you have one main commandpoint (if it is captured you lose immidiatly) and it is possitioned by you (were do you want to land?)

you have also a maximum of 3 commandpoints. they can be deployed by a general (your hero). and also packed in by a general.

and one other thing: you can pilot everything, also a capital ship. this would be a little different then normal play.

you can rotate arrount the ship, and you still fire straigt ahead or if you would press a "lock"-key, all turrets (if able) will fire at a location on the ship you click on, and to move, just as normal (arrow and w,s,d,a)

i know this are LARGE things if you look at them but the move able commandpoint would be a special ability of your hero. and the pilot a capital ship would only be a matter of coding. they would both be not difficult(tough i can't do it) only the buy thing would be a problem.

assainator

• 3 weeks later...

Archived